Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that has been spoken about is how good Hania Aguilar was. She must have been the exception in this rough area.
Glad so many people care and want to help solve this crime. However knowledge of this area is important to research. Crime is out of control very close to where she lived.
Hopefully, justice comes soon!

I’m confused. This article was dated last February. What is the connection to Hania’s case?

May not be anything significant however M.O. is similar. Kidnappings occured along with murders and bodys dumped less than 2 miles away.

I think it is very possible the man walking in the video is the perp, but we don't know for sure yet that he is, so I'm trying to think of other reasons he may not have come forward when they wanted to talk to him. Perhaps he has been in trouble with the law for other reasons or was walking that way coming from/heading to something else he shouldn't be involved in. He may just be leery of going into the station and talking to cops. Another possibility is that he did see something that morning when Hania was abducted, perhaps as the car drove out of the mobile home park, but does not want to get involved or say anything. And I guess a third option is that he really has no idea the cops are even trying to find him, but that is lowest on my list. A last option I suppose would be that he is totally innocent and didn't see anything, but just doesn't want to go in. There are some people who just don't like cops or want to get involved in any way.

It is suspicious that he was seen walking right near the scene of the crime right before it happened and he could very likely be the perp, but I just wanted to try and brainstorm other possibilities because we don't know for sure right now. And I would be very interested to see that same camera view at that same time of day in the days leading up to and after this crime to see if he is on there (as in, this was a routine thing he did every morning or not).

I think it is very possible the man walking in the video is the perp, but we don't know for sure yet that he is, so I'm trying to think of other reasons he may not have come forward when they wanted to talk to him. Perhaps he has been in trouble with the law for other reasons or was walking that way coming from/heading to something else he shouldn't be involved in. He may just be leery of going into the station and talking to cops. Another possibility is that he did see something that morning when Hania was abducted, perhaps as the car drove out of the mobile home park, but does not want to get involved or say anything. And I guess a third option is that he really has no idea the cops are even trying to find him, but that is lowest on my list. A last option I suppose would be that he is totally innocent and didn't see anything, but just doesn't want to go in. There are some people who just don't like cops or want to get involved in any way.

It is suspicious that he was seen walking right near the scene of the crime right before it happened and he could very likely be the perp, but I just wanted to try and brainstorm other possibilities because we don't know for sure right now. And I would be very interested to see that same camera view at that same time of day in the days leading up to and after this crime to see if he is on there (as in, this was a routine thing he did every morning or not).
What's up with the black SUV in front of Hania? Both vehicles appear to be moving slowly. If it were my neighbor being abducted I would be running down the street with a pistol or hauling *advertiser censored* behind them.

IMO somebody recognizes him even if he doesn't know he is being asked by LE just to come talk to them. People are probably afraid to rat him out. Now I'm starting to think that if I lived there...I'd make my tip anonymously. I think I would be scared to come forward too with all this going on. How many funeral homes do they have there? Hopefully several. This is just crazy.

Does anyone know if there were any breaks ins or thefts reported that night in the area. Walking the streets during those hours indicates he can be up to no good. Are there businesses open all night where he was videoed? Wonder if anyone was on video prior to or after that night, at that time seen walking.

Now that the FBI was involved with Hania/s case, maybe they can solve all of the murders that they haven’t even really done anything with. I had read about the three women who were murdered and it sent a chill up my spine. The chill because they really aren’t solving anything. Crimes in small cities get really crazy. They aren’t like the big cities who see crime daily. It is almost like they are passive about things. So for each of those murdered women did they get any DNA? Rape kit turned in? I am just in shock there was a body floating in a river.....today.... what is going on around there?

Officials push crime boxes for tips in Hania Aguilar's murder
Four crime block drop boxes around Lumberton are another way for you to anonymously come forward with information about the kidnapping and killing of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar.

Crime Block Inc., along with the Lumberton Police Department Criminal Investigative Division, have placed four “Crime Block” boxes at the following locations:
  • IGAs located at 1000 North Pine Street, 1002 East 5th Street, and 1733 Roberts Ave.
  • P.J.‘s Shop N Save located at 801 E. 2nd Street.

The boxes are locked and have slots in each of them in hopes that the public will drop tips on crimes occurring around the city.

The boxes will be checked by the Lumberton Police Department Criminal Investigative Division on a regular basis.

e338fe34-a76e-401b-8c1b-053ceee9a69f-large16x9_Haniacrimeboxestonyabrown.jpg

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Lots of people live petty crime as a way of life.
“Being comfortable and ready to carjack in the spur of the moment” is as normal to them as you bending over and picking up a dollar bill laying on the sidewalk.

Respectfully, I seeeeriously doubt this offender’s history is limited to “petty crime”. I also don’t consider carjacking to be the work of a petty offender nor a petty crime. Moo.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I seeeeriously doubt this offender’s history is limited to “petty crime”. I also don’t consider carjacking to be the work of a petty offender nor a petty crime. Moo.

Well you’re not going to have a kidnapper/sex offender WALKING down the street to a Mobile Home Park with the Plan to KIPNAP Hania assuming that she just happens to go outside alone to start the car at just the exact time his CASUAL WALK will be arriving at Hanias house and I bet he also planned the gas tank would be filled or have enough gas to use as his preplanned kidnappers getaway car.

Last edited:
Funeral set for Saturday. I take it her sneakers have not been found because FBI is still asking if anybody has seen them.
Funeral is Saturday for Hania

I guess they weren't found with her remains - which makes me wonder if perp removed them b/c she might have been kicking at him or something? Maybe they're hoping there is DNA or prints belonging to the perp on them? Or that he gave them / sold them to someone?

Well you’re not going to have a kidnapper/sex offender WALKING down the street to a Mobile Home Park with the Plan to KIPNAP Hania assuming that she just happens to go outside alone to start the car at just the exact time his CASUAL WALK will be arriving at Hanias house and I bet he also planned the gas tank would be filled or have enough gas to use as his preplanned kidnappers getaway car.

My thoughts exactly. Kidnappers don’t walk up hoping a vehicle will happen to be there. They bring one with them. Carjackers, on the other hand DO walk up hoping to find a vehicle. Sometimes they kick the victim out, other times the victim is along for the ride. In that case it usually ends bad. Car Thieves on the third hand, probably would not put the victim in the car.

This is my humble opinion, only..

Lumberton Police Department | 12/04/2018 10:07am (EST)

Due to a large amount of false information that has been shared please rest assured that if an arrest were made or a confession obtained related to Hania's case, you'd hear it from us. We continue to work active leads and hope the public will work with us to find the person responsible. Investigators cannot divulge every detail we uncover through the course of our work or we jeopardize finding the person responsible and holding them accountable in the judicial system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy