Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by bradalucas, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I think it could be fear of retaliation, guilt or just plain apathy. Chilling!!

Nana2Luke, borndem, cass523 and 10 others like this.
  2. Bewitched229

Bewitched229 Active Member

Because whomever is in that video scaees them more. They have children to protect, are terrified of retaliation and don’t have means to get out of that area. The reward needs to be clarified that they will protect who comes forward & relocate them. JMO

borndem, Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE and 12 others like this.
  3. Lillymac

Why do I keep hearing in my head "it's not my job"?

4. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

Rochelle Metzger (@RochelleFox46) | Twitter
    Rochelle Metzger on Twitter | 3:29 PM (EST) - 19 Nov 2018 from Charlotte, NC

KEEP HER FACE OUT THERE: Today marks two weeks since 13-year-old #HaniaAguilar was abducted from outside her home. The FBI says they're desperately trying to locate additional surveillance video in certain areas. @FOX46News ➡️

(Rochelle Metzger added,)
    FBI expands surveillance request for abducted NC teen

Morgan Fogarty (@MorganFogarty) | Twitter
    Morgan Fogarty on Twitter | 3:37 PM (EST) - 19 Nov 2018 from Charlotte, NC

TWO WEEKS since 13yo Hania Aguilar was kidnapped from outside her Lumberton home.

Time is running out to gather possible video evidence.

Why aren’t people contacting the FBI?

What if it was your child?
    #FindHania

READ >>>
    DsZI9DGXcAAyq0Q.jpg DsZI9AZWkAE7DuN.jpg

borndem, mrsselig, cass523 and 16 others like this.
  5. meinmyrtlebeach

meinmyrtlebeach Well-Known Member

I wonder if it's a case of people ARE coming forth with video, but LE just hasn't seen on any video that which can further the investigation?

Or, perhaps being a trailer park and several nearby, as well as being a rural area there aren't as many cameras as one might expect in a residential neighborhood/subdivision? Maybe that could be a reason as well.

borndem, Hoosier952, cass523 and 12 others like this.
  6. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Member

Maybe that’s what happening- but they’re not saying “keep sending us your videos, etc”.

To me it sounds like FBI/LE is pissed the community has time to talk smack on FB or wherever - but can’t be bothered to make a courtesy phone call back after leaving a business card or personal visit. Least you could do is say “I don’t have cameras or they’re broken”.

I don’t see FBI making repeated visits or requests to residences where they know there are no visible cameras or video recording device.

So everyone is scared of someone they don’t know? The mystery man in the video?
    Or known person in the trailer park?

Abba's Tears, cass523, Jim_M and 8 others like this.
  7. Jhhb91

Jhhb91 Bless them..each and every one...

^^THIS!! The roads the FBI specifically mention are busy ones. IMO, they are appealing to businesses. It’s seems like no one is interested because it’s “not my problem” but how are things ever going to get better if you don’t do your part.
    (It is ironic, like you stated earlier, how people are always eager to share a disparaging video of someone but can’t turn over some video tapes or look at them during a specific time frame and look for a green Ford??)

cass523, Jim_M, PommyMommy and 4 others like this.
  8. sloothseeker

sloothseeker Well-Known Member

I think this may be the case. Unless it's a business, residents living there may not have security cameras. However, unfortunately there is an amount of distrust between residents and LE, there and everywhere.

Also, is anyone on here seeing the negative social media LE keeping referring to? Is it negative toward the family, Hania or something else?

Jim_M, Trinitee and MimosaMornings like this.
  9. tiffkinsadder

tiffkinsadder Well-Known Member

It seems much much longer than two weeks.

borndem, Jim_M, IHAVENOCLUE and 10 others like this.
  10. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Well-Known Member

I’m leaning toward it’s not so much HIM they are scared of. If they are here illegally, they probably aren’t keen on invititing law enforcement for a visit. Or the poverty level prevents most from affording security cameras? It’s so baffling.

11. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

Exactly. My dog was taken from our gated front yard and my neighbors all reviewed their surveillance footage. We caught the puppy thief and ended up getting our dog back because of my neighbors video.

How could people be anything less than cooperative when a little girl is missing?!

12. Stunned

Stunned Your past explains you, It does not excuse you

Could be. But how on earth would a woman let this mother suffer so profoundly and not call it in. I just don’t get that. Unless she is trash also. Well I guess she must be!

Seattle1, cass523, PommyMommy and 5 others like this.
  13. Stunned

Missed it somehow....what video?

14. Lillymac

Do you live in Lumberton? Seems to be a diverse area.

CuriousMaine likes this.
  15. Lillymac

This crime is so senseless. A carjacking??? For what 4 days? A missing child for two weeks now? The depravity has just hit me and I am without words to describe how I feel. It's just senseless.

cass523, Jim_M, Greenstreet and 9 others like this.
  16. LVatty10

LVatty10 Verified Attorney

No. I live in a large city. Dogs are stolen frequently where I live.

The residents in Lumberton may very well not have surveillance cameras. However, these business owners can’t make a phone call and say either, we have no cameras or they were not working? I could see residents being fearful of the authorities (or possibly the perp). But business owners? Seems odd unless everyone in Lumberton is aware of a notorious band of criminals and violent individuals that are behind this.

cass523, Jim_M, Greenstreet and 7 others like this.
  17. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

18. Bewitched229

Bewitched229 Active Member

I’m just at a loss why no one has come forward.
    #1- a true stranger abduction
    #2- fear

Randomly coming upon a running vehicle with a child in it in the middle of a trailer park a 1-1000 chance. I’m by NO means blaming Hania. Maybe she was watched. Maybe no one is talking due to lack of trust in LE or other issues. But the person who took her didn’t just show up in Robeson County...

cass523, Jim_M, PommyMommy and 6 others like this.
  19. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Both Hania and Jayme are still missing! It's not only heartbreaking and frustrating it's also one of the few cases I've followed of missing teens where there have been no sightings and LE hasn't been able to come up with anything substantial from their investigation. No possible motive, not a clue as to whether the abductions were targeted or random. Why were these innocent girls taken??

It's as if both girls vanished into thin air. I keep writing and deleting because my thoughts are so dark. I'll just say I hope both girls are alive and will be found soon.

Thanks to all of you for continuing to brainstorm the possibilities - I'm out of any constructive theories so I appreciate hearing what y'all have to say.

borndem, Seattle1, MT_Catt and 18 others like this.
  20. Stunned

Both cases have been so hard and frustrating..... abducters getting better? Family, you kind of know right away...but these girls..I just don’t know anymore what too think.

cass523, Jim_M, Jhhb91 and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.