GUILTY NC - Harmony Creech, 11 mos, Spring Lake, Aug 2007

I've been thinking a lot about this case, and I'm conflicted. I know what she did was wrong and horrible, there's no question about that, but I'm having a hard time agreeing that she should rot, etc.

One of my neighbors a few years ago had her last child, and afterwards many things changed. She ended up becoming anorexic, to the point where she couldn't really walk without her legs shaking. I remember one time walking into her living room where she was shaking, and seeing her oldest daughter (about 5) crying because she was so scared for her mother. This made her mother cry.

If her husband hadn't have been there, and if I hadn't have been there to babysit when she needed a break, I don't know what would have happened to those kids. I don't think she would harm them, but then again, I never thought she would have harmed herself and, indirectly, her children, either.

Basically, I'm not prepared to say she should die or be excessively punished right now. Obviously she deserves a good, harsh punishment, but death? If it was premeditated and she was in the right frame of mind, which it seems she was, then yes, she deserves it. But if not, I don't know...this is such a conflicting case to me.

I was just able to get my intenet back up and was wonderng about Harmony. May this sweet baby girl rest in peace. I KNEW from the beginning this "abduction" sounded hokey!! It clearly made no sense. What I don't understand is how the grandmother fits in...she didn't notice her grand daughter missing over the weeks?

I am so glad you pointed that out, it was about to drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! What the he!! is up with that? I wonder if his last login date corresponds with the day the baby died..I guess we will know soon enough.

ETA: I just noticed the last login date is 10/21/07, he has been on today...or maybe LE?

I hope LE is looking into this.

I'd also like to know why they are charging her with murder...I haven't read anything that states why. Last I read, they hadn't done an autopsy yet. Did she confess? At first she said the baby died accidentally and she was trying to cover it up.

I hate it when my hinky meter is right.
Apparently Harmony's showed some signs of trauma for the murder charge? Since the autopsy hasn't been done yet, that's what I'm thinking.

OMG what is going on in this world. I sure didn't expect this result. :sick:

RIP sweet Harmony. :(

I doubt anyone expected this result when the search began. :(

My thoughts on this keep returning to Leroy, the person on Chelly's myspace page. Some comments lead me to believe that they were more than online friends, especially when you take into consideration the FFIX "family pictures" and a comment posted under one of her pictures.....There are two men pictures.....one says.....my sweeti, and the other "gotta love my boy".... Who is this man....Michelle is blond as is her character in the game, but this young man is dark headed, just like the other character she is seen with, "shawdowsomethingor other". On his profile, he all of a sudden has no internet? Is he one that the FEDS are talking too "all up and down the eastern seaboard" as I believe was quoted by the sherriff. My son plays an online game, and he gets rather ill when the cable goes down...this young man had time to leave a message saying he wouldn't have any internet. He had warning...and if it was not by his choice....there would not have been time to leave that warning on his myspace page. On another note maybe he heard about the situation and got scared and decided to back away, knowing that connections like this are traceable..

Sorry such a long post, just thoughts...

I was just able to get my intenet back up and was wonderng about Harmony. May this sweet baby girl rest in peace. I KNEW from the beginning this "abduction" sounded hokey!! It clearly made no sense. What I don't understand is how the grandmother fits in...she didn't notice her grand daughter missing over the weeks?

There are three "grandmother's" in this case, and the media really messed things up at first saying his mom went after him.

Gm # 1 lives in NC
Gm 2 & 3 lives elsewhere, and as has been straightened out now I think....her grandmother went after the father. I wonder what her excuse was for not going to the airport...there is ALOT we don't know yet.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8733018/

A Spring Lake woman has pleaded guilty to killing her 11-month-old daughter, but will avoid the death penalty.

WRAL-TV reports that 28-year-old Johni Michelle Heuser pleaded guilty Monday in Harnett County Superior Court to second-degree murder.

Heuser was sentenced to between 11 and 15 years in prison for the 2007 death of Harmony Jade Creech.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back