NC NC - Hubert, Bear Creek Rd, WhtFem 20-30, UP5966, poss back/neck probs, clothes, Dec'91

I'm just curious if anyone here knows much about making reports to NAMUS. I emailed with someone from the doenetwork a few years ago about a suggested match, and the comparison has never shown up on her NAMUS page.

Tina Marie Crouch, Female, White / Caucasian
Height: 5' 2"
Date of Last Contact: April 3, 1991
Missing From: Gaffney, South Carolina

Maria Montano, Female, Multiple
Height: 5' 2" - 5' 5"
Date of Last Contact: July 7, 1990
Missing From: Aurora, Illinois

I'm just curious if anyone here knows much about making reports to NAMUS. I emailed with someone from the doenetwork a few years ago about a suggested match, and the comparison has never shown up on her NAMUS page.
Not all comparisons show on Namus. Unless it has changed, the DoeNetwork will only forward a potential match to law enforcement if it passes their Potential Match Panel process (www.doenetwork.org). You might consider outreach directly to the Namus coordinators for both the missing and unidentified person (say in an email, for example) and also to the law enforcement agencies on each case. Perhaps a single email would cover it all. There is regularly turnover at LE agencies on case assignments and not too long ago the email domain changed for Namus. I was told by someone I regularly correspond with there that they were not able to retrieve any of the emails sent to the prior email domain (I can't confirm this, but it is what I was told). You may or may not hear anything back. Don't know if this is helpful or not, but wanted to respond.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Still looking on this one. I wonder if we're limiting ourselves too much by assuming this decedent's white? How would the sheriff's office come to that conclusion if she was skeletal when found?

Still looking on this one. I wonder if we're limiting ourselves too much by assuming this decedent's white? How would the sheriff's office come to that conclusion if she was skeletal when found?
My understanding is the bones, especially skulls, some populations may tend to have traits not as commonly found in others, so these help them estimate ancestry. If DNA is available, and the resources are there, someone may have also checked against reference populations/calcs too--like we could in Gedmatch, for example to get a better understanding of the background.

You make a valid point they could be wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back