GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by wildebeest, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

39 year old Irish citizen murdered in his home Aug. 2. Bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat. His wife, inlaws, and two children from a previous marriage were in the home while this crime occurred.

2. Loading...

3. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

Father in law is former FBI

4. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Here are some MSM articles:

Limerick man killed in domestic dispute in North Carolina

County Sheriff’s office received emergency call following alleged assault at house

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...-domestic-dispute-in-north-carolina-1.2306002

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death of Wallburg man ruled homicide | Thomasville Times

http://www.tvilletimes.com/news/x110784793/Death-of-Wallburg-man-ruled-homicide

Thomasville Times

Aug 7, 2015 - Find more about Weather in High Point, NC. Search ... WALLBURG —. Deputies with ... Deputies identified the victim as the homeowner, Jason Paul Corbett. Corbett, whose age was not provided, died from his injuries. During ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sister, wife of murdered Irish man in custody dispute ...

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_d32858e2-5080-5394-a023-ee0d61440d2e.html

Aug 16, 2015 - Mystery has surrounded the death of Jason Corbett, an Irish ... marriage — Jack, 10, and Sarah, 8 — lived with him and his wife Molly, 31, in Wallburg. ... In 2011, Jason moved to North Carolina with Molly and his children and ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigation continues in death of Wallburg man ...

http://www.tvilletimes.com/news/x1845463850/Investigation-continues-in-death-of-Wallburg-man

Thomasville Times

Aug 18, 2015 - An ongoing custody battle for the two children of Jason Corbett, a man killed Aug. 2 in his ... Find more about Weather in High Point, NC.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. borndem

Hmmmmm.

From an article cited above:
    http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_d32858e2-5080-5394-a023-ee0d61440d2e.html

Lynch is Corbett's sister, from Ireland. Molly is Corbett's 2nd wife; his first wife died from an asthma attack when the children were very young. Byrd is one of Molly's attorneys.

Hmmmm.

6. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

Thanks for all the links, borndem! Really curious as to why there hasn't been an arrest. Seems fairly simple. How long does it take to receive an autopsy report?

IMHO :thinking:

7. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

If she never bothered to adopt the kids or her husband did not want that, they should go with the Irish relatives. Otherwise, why not adopt and change the will? Maybe she has not been arrested because her father is retired FBI?? He could have made sure the story had a self-defense spin to it.

8. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

S
    I think that is exactly why there hasn't been an arrest. It stinks!!!

9. borndem

So, they go so far as to name Molly and her father as POI's, but no arrests. I guess they figure her father won't be going back to Tennessee for a while?? This may be a good one to watch.

10. borndem

A little info about the area --

Wallburg's population is about 3,000 people. It is in Davidson County, and the county population is around 163,000. This area is a manufacturing area, and it is still known for its high-quality furniture. The county sits just a bit left of the center of the state and it is hilly but not yet mountainous.

11. borndem

Interesting comments from his sister about adoption of the children -- but I don't know if it can be corroborated anywhere. So, another, Hmmm.

12. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Not today, Satan, not today.

Okay, I'm getting confused. Was their mother American? How long have the kids lived in the US?

From what I've read their mother wasn't American and they've only lived in the US for four years, but I also can't figure out what kind of visa they had? Permanent residence? Dual citizenship? Did Molly sponsor all three of them when they moved?

13. sweetcaro

sweetcaro Well-Known Member

What a sad case. :(

14. borndem

Is this case going to be a "self-defense" case? His death has been classified as a homicide, so what's next? LE certainly has more info on this case than we know... Are they putting something together for an arrest, or what? We're already entering the "dark" period of this case, IMO -- we are left in the dark until something big happens... Will something big happen?

Does Molly have any kind of legal right to the children right now? How are the children?

15. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

blue sneakers---Jason took a job transfer to work in the U.S. for a limited time. He always planned to return to Ireland. His first wife, Mags, was Irish, and his second wife, Molly, is American. The children are Irish citizens. I hope this helps!

IMHO

16. ATasteOfHoney

ATasteOfHoney Active Member

I say honor the will & send the children back to the Lynch's in Ireland

17. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

The children returned to Ireland last week with their aunt and uncle, where they will stay :happydance:

18. borndem

Let me say first that I don't know a darn thing about custody of children -- especially in the absence of both biological parents. If the "stepmother" is not a legal guardian how can she have custody of them? I don't understand. Maybe I missed something...

ETA: I did miss something -- the post just above mine -- before I posted what is above.

Yay!!! Well, it looks like that little (hah!) detail is put to bed, how about some arrest warrants??

19. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

Fellow websleuthers: how long does it take to get an autopsy report???

20. borndem

A full autopsy takes several hours, but the big factor there is when the Medical Examiner can actually perform it -- how many other autopsies are "ahead" of the particular one of interest. That varies widely. The local county Medical Examiner may do the autopsy or the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Raleigh, NC, (OCME) may do the autopsy. In either office, it would, of course, depend on the case load that is already waiting for an autopsy to be done. When done, the Autopsy Report may be made available to the WSM or not. An Autopsy Report may be viewed by anyone by going to the OCME in Raleigh, or one can order a copy. Here is a bit of info from the OCME:

https://www.ocme.dhhs.nc.gov/rules/guidelines.shtml

21. wildebeest

wildebeest Active Member

borndem, you're a gem!!! :applause::applause::applause:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.