NC NC - Jenna Nielsen, 22, pregnant, Raleigh, 14 June 2007

OMG that is heartbreaking.:( Thanks for the link SewingDeb.

I had Greta's On The Record on last week and heard a snippet about Jenna's emails being looked at, and Greta was implying this was "new" information. Of course, I missed that segment, so I wondered if anyone else caught it?

Off to search more for it now...

I had Greta's On The Record on last week and heard a snippet about Jenna's emails being looked at, and Greta was implying this was "new" information. Of course, I missed that segment, so I wondered if anyone else caught it?

Oh Taximom! I don't watch Greta anymore so I hadn't heard this but if you find anything else out please keep us updated. This case haunts me, I think of it often. Thanks!

Rape or an attempt to take the baby had to be the motive and clearly she fought-unless I missed something in the coroners report/autopsy report she was found without a shirt, right? She was wearing a black bra, brown plaid pants, white underwear both pulled down etc she had blood under her nails and a hair in one fist and one flip flop on. She had a head wound like her head had been banged against something hard and bruises on her knees, elbows, shins and chest like she was resisting being pushed down. She also had an injury that sounded like scratches. Her face was also abraded. Wonder if the attacker was a woman...

I had the program on and then someone just had to call on the phone during that segment so I'm not 100% on what was said. However, from the tidbits I was catching from the next room, it sounded as if some search warrants were just released or discovered in which the computer information was mentioned as having been searched. And someone asked near the conclusion of the segment something like "so it's just part of the standard procedure that they take the computers?" to which someone else answered yes and then elaborated.

Sorry I don't know for sure but it sounded to me like the usual "new information" that Greta often uses to pull us through the commercial break, information that turns out to be nothing significant, (although I do love her show).

Thanks, JerseyGirl. Yes, Greta teases a lot, and we here at WS's are usually a few days ahead of her (and others) program with information like that. I don't remember all the details in this case, but I would assume that her pc etc would have been taken in the very beginning of this case. I hope this was done back then!!

I took another look at that POI sketch and my first thought was that it looked like a woman.

Interesting you should say that, both my husband and myself think that composite looks exactly like Jenna. In the autopsy report her hair was even described as being tied back at the nape of her neck. I think something weird is going on with this eyewitness and composite sketch. It's just too much of a weird coincidence.

Exactly. It's weird. This composite being so odd-looking--it reminds me of the "composite" that Susan Smith came up with. It was contrived, phony, and you could see that in the sketch! Susan Smith, if you aren't familiar with that case, is the woman who put her two kids into the car and let it drive into the lake, then said that a "black male" had abducted them. The composite looked like she had invented this person in her brain, which of course was what she had done.
I feel the same way about the composite sketch in this case and wonder who provided the description to the police. They haven't said, as far as I know, which makes me wonder why.

Does anyone know enough about this case to know why the individual in the composite is supposedly a man? I think "he" looks like a woman, and some what like the victim as well, which could really mean the witness saw them both I suppose. I wonder if the witness is someone from the halfway house like the person who found the knife, and really, really doesn't want to be involved in this.

Does anyone know enough about this case to know why the individual in the composite is supposedly a man? I think "he" looks like a woman, and some what like the victim as well, which could really mean the witness saw them both I suppose. I wonder if the witness is someone from the halfway house like the person who found the knife, and really, really doesn't want to be involved in this.

That's exactly what I thought too, that the POI looked like a woman AND it looked like Jenna.

Seems like we can't all be wrong (columbo, arielilane etc!).

That's exactly what I thought too. The composite doesn't look like a male, imo and it definitely looks a little like Jenna.

How hinkey is that? Who gave the cops the composite information?:rolleyes:

The more I think about this, the more I think this might have been either a baby snatching gone wrong or something meant to look that way. Either way, the perp looks to me like a woman, right down to the fingernail scratches (presumably) on Jenna's arm during the struggle prior to her being stabbed in the neck. Sure would like some more info on the crime scene like where her shirt was, was she found on her back etc...and was the perp scared away?

Whoever gave the police the description for the composite said that it was a man, but the picture speaks for itself: it looks like it could be a woman. Which is why I'm thinking it's important WHO said they saw this person. The police either aren't revealing that because the person wants to remain anonymous out of fear of reprisal, or the person is a suspect and the police are keeping that quiet???? Maybe I missed something, but I did read a lot about this case and don't remember the police saying who helped them draw the composite. To me, it looked like the kind of picture that results from someone inventing a person in their mind and trying to describe them.

Did anyone else think it was odd that her father was the one to speak at the early press conferences? I felt that her husband should have spoken, but the father seemed to take over. I didn't see the interview with the husband that someone mentioned on this board. Anyway, it's just another impression I got that is making me suspect the husband.

And of course, I could be wrong...it just seems that it's always the husband or SO when a pregnant woman is murdered. I try not to let that fact influence my thinking, but almost can't help it.

Also, I'm more inclined to think it was someone who had something against her or knew her. She had jewelry on that wasn't taken, so robbery wasn't the motive. The only things I can think of are rape, gang initiation, cold-blooded murder or revenge for something, or maybe jealousy. Either way, I hope LE has a lot more than they're telling.

Also, I'm more inclined to think it was someone who had something against her or knew her. She had jewelry on that wasn't taken, so robbery wasn't the motive. The only things I can think of are rape, gang initiation, cold-blooded murder or revenge for something, or maybe jealousy. Either way, I hope LE has a lot more than they're telling.

I read the Crime blog link you provided-thank you by the way. Why wasn't Dannie Goldston considered a suspect, I wonder, aside from the misleading "eyewitness" sketch. MO is not so different.

I am hoping that there will be some video of the perp. I wonder if this young woman was watched for a while before the perp made his attack on her. Why murder her? Did he rob her? It really makes no sense. Does anyone know the weapon that was used?

She wasn't robbed. She had a stab wound to the neck, and a lot of scratches on her arms. The stab wound, according to the autopsy, appears to be in the front part of her neck which makes me feel as if she must have known the person--or else, the perp seemed non-threatening at first and then came at her with a knife before she could run away or duck?

It doesn't make any sense. A robber would have taken her jewelry & purse; a baby stealer would have removed and taken the baby from her womb (whew--I hate to say that, it's so awful). Maybe it was a rapist. Whoever it was could have been interrupted by the person who gave the police the description and composite and thus, ran away before robbing or whatever they had intended to do.

I keep wanting to suspect her husband, but then it seems as if crimes of passion usually involve more injuries so there would have been more stab wounds . I don't like what I've seen of her husband but then I haven't seen all the interviews.
It bothers me that he insists it was not a random killing.

That's exactly what I thought too. The composite doesn't look like a male, imo and it definitely looks a little like Jenna.

How hinkey is that? Who gave the cops the composite information?:rolleyes:

I too have always thought the composite sketch looked like Jenna. Initially the case was reported here in Utah. But then complete silence.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back