NC - John Terry, 57, Bullock, 8 Sept 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Oct 27, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

John Terry
    [​IMG]
    DEPUTIES SUSPECT FOUL PLAY IN MISSING GRANVILLE COUNTY MAN CASE
    "John Terry would have turned 58 this month. While his wife wished him a happy birthday on her Facebook page, hopeful he would see it, the Granville County sheriff said he suspects foul play in Terry's disappearance and is investigating the case as a homicide.

The Bullock, NC man was reported missing Wednesday Sept. 9 when he did not show up for work at UPS' Durham distribution center where he had been employed for 37 years.

..…..

She said she had been preparing to divorce John. The two had a court date of Sept. 8 to file for separation. She said she last saw him the night before when he came home late. When John did not show up for court, Lillian said she didn't know what happened to him, but suspected he was delaying the proceedings as he had two other times before."

http://abc11.com/news/deputies-suspect-foul-play-in-missing-man-case/1054105/

2. Loading...

3. tlneedham

tlneedham New Member

Does it strike anyone else as interesting that the boss called police for a welfare check instead of calling the wife or having a co-worker swing by the house?

Just found this article saying he'd missed work for 3 days before boss called police. http://www.sovanow.com/index.php?/news/article/mans_disappearance_spurs_police_search/ . Seems like the wife thought he might have just been trying to avoid their divorce appt the next day.

4. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From October:

http://www.sovanow.com/index.php?/news/article/suspects_eyed_in_mans_disappearance/

From November:

http://www.sovanow.com/index.php?/n..._wife_says_hes_alive_contrary_to_police_view/

5. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

6. Dockins

Dockins New Member

Hmm, maybe the boss knew the divorce was coming. IMO, spouse or suicide, but LE supports the homicide, and the family refusing polygraphs...bad timing for a random crime,

7. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

WIFE OF MISSING GRANVILLE COUNTY MAN FOUND DEAD
    [​IMG]
    http://abc11.com/news/wife-of-missing-granville-county-man-found-dead/1557146/

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

8. Gardener1850

9. LietKynes

LietKynes Active Member

www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/16/wife-missing-north-carolina-man-found-dead-in-creek.html
    “I don’t understand why they’re giving me such a hard time because I’ve never been in trouble,” she told WTVD. “I mean, can you see me killing somebody? I mean look at me.”

??? What an odd thing to say... So, women don't conspire to murder ?

Or has John just vanished ?
    On the other hand --maybe she paid someone for his death and the hitman decided to silence her ?
    Or she drowned herself ?
    MOO

First time I've heard about this case. Proof positive I do not spend enough time at WS ! :)

10. Gardener1850

The possible scenarios being suggested in comments are all over the map on this one:
    1. Maybe the missing man is not really dead and he came back to kill his wife--he will be "found alive" in a year or so.
    2. Maybe she killed him and couldn't live with the guilt so she committed suicide.
    3. Maybe she had a lover/hit man who killed him and eventually turned on her, killing her too.
    4. Maybe she had nothing to do with his death but found out who DID kill him and she was silenced.
    5. Maybe there is no connection at all between his disappearance and her death.

I have no idea what to think!

11. purpleinsights

purpleinsights New Member

I agree that there are many possibilities. I think we can rule out that the wife killed him in their house or carried his body away in the car because the police have searched the house and cars many times and found nothing. They have not even named her as a suspect. As far as her hiring a hit man, that's a pretty expensive and risky thing to do, and I don't think she had enough motive. She thought he was having an affair, and it looks like her vengeful reaction was to file for divorce. Why bother with a divorce if she was going to kill him? It looks like she was happy with how the divorce proceedings were going, and he was unhappy, because she was showing up for all the hearings and he was not. According to her, he was trying to cause a delay. That makes it seem like he felt like he was losing out big in the divorce. Maybe they were going to give her the house. Maybe it was true that he was having an affair, and she was not, and she had proof of it. In most states that would mean she would get the house.
    Maybe he thought that if he would disappear for a while, he would never lose the house because the divorce would never be completed.
    She was pretty sick, according to her own statements. Maybe he thought if he stayed gone for awhile, she would die, and he and his new girlfriend could move back into his house.
    As of this moment they have not said that the wife was murdered. She may have died of natural causes. She was found floating in the lake, near the shore.

12. Gardener1850

John had accused his wife of having an affair and tampering with his bottle of Mountain Dew, ABC reported.
    Her attorney said she denied those allegations, adding that she believed John was seeing a masseuse in Durham.
    The Granville County Sheriff's Office have never named a suspect in John's disappearance. Authorities said both investigations are ongoing.

13. Gardener1850

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...n-found-dead-floating-creek-article-1.2833040

14. AmandaSkis

AmandaSkis Member

The husband had filed for divorce. They both accuse each other of affairs. He accuses her of trying to poison him. He disappears. Police strongly believe homicide. The million dollar question is why. After all, if there's no evidence of anything, it's more likely that he took off.

With the police thinking homicide, I'm going to guess that police have evidence but not enough to charge/go after a conviction.

I will also guess that LT's death is a suicide.

15. Gardener1850

There's not much info in most of the recent articles but there is a lot about the case in this article (posted above in post #4, written before she was found dead): http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/josh-shaffer/article99802142.html

Some quotes that are interesting in light of Lillian's death:

BBM.
    So we have at least two other parties that were in contentious interactions with LT. While it sounds like the sisters suit was more or less settled, they made no comment and may have still been fighting to get her evicted from the house the judge said she could continue to live in. I'm a little baffled as to what the brothers of the woman JT was allegedly having an affair with would get out of harassing LT. Maybe they were asking her to stop spreading rumors about their sister or something? It's all very mysterious and I have a feeling we may never find out what really happened!

*Tickle was Lillian's attorney.

16. purpleinsights

purpleinsights New Member

Sounds like the judge thought LT would start selling off JT's assets while he was gone, so the judge gave JT's sister temporary receivership.

17. Gardener1850

It just occurred to me that the incident with the "brothers of the masseuse" might have been completely made up by LT. The reporter from the News and Observer could not find record of her calling the police, so seemed to throw doubt on the story. I wonder if the "masseuse" even exists?

18. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Active Member

Dang, what a strange & convoluted case.

19. sallye818

sallye818 New Member

Oxford (Granville County, NC) is pretty far inland and I don't think any of the hurricane flooding affected them. When I first read this article, I thought Mrs. Terry may have died somehow in the flood waters. But after looking at the location, I don't think so. Really strange the authorities haven't located Mr. Terry. I feel he must be dead, or some of his bank accounts, credit cards, etc. would have disclosed his location by now, over a year later.

20. Gardener1850

Some more details here, she was wearing "waders" when found:
    http://www.yourgv.com/news/local_ne...cle_05a4f23a-93da-11e6-b88c-27e05b0e48f0.html

21. Gardener1850

I don't know what to think about the waders...just when I thought this case couldn't get any stranger. If she was planning to drown herself, no need for the waders IMO. Was it an accidental death while she was fishing/hunting? But, IMO she doesn't look like the type of woman to hunt or fish. And why would she be out there doing that by herself?