Found Deceased NC - Joseph, 45, & Cristie Codd, 38, Leicester, 12 March 2015 *Arrest*

As a some of you may or may not know, I'm in North Carolina and this is the first that I've even heard of this young couple. Pretty much half the population of Buncombe County is "kin" to me. I've got quite a few eyes and ears out that way, so I'll keep my eyes open for sure.

I'm also from NC but since I found WS I get most of my news here. Whenever I read about someone missing I come here first b/c there is always more info here than on any other news providers.

Long time lurker and my first time posting so forgive me if I'm posting incorrectly.
http://bit.ly/1x9WTcP
This is fairly local for me. The local news is reporting they have roped off the couples driveway along with a neighbors.

Long time lurker and my first time posting so forgive me if I'm posting incorrectly.
http://bit.ly/1x9WTcP
This is fairly local for me. The local news is reporting they have roped off the couples driveway along with a neighbors.

Man, not liking the sound of setting up a second crime scene investigation down the road at the neighbors. Was really hoping it wouldn't lead in this direction.

Noticed the same. I didn't want to post and risk a time out on my second post. However if the reports are true it is a very interesting and disturbing coincidence.

I just heard about this and was hoping there was a thread. My first thought was that the cabin fire was a way to dispose of bodies, but the police are saying they aren't related.

For what it's worth, I discovered the neighbor's name pretty easily through the news and I looked at Cristie's Facebook page and her friend list -- he is on her friend list. He is not on her husband's friend list. So she knew the neighbor and they were friends, we can safely say. This was a known person to them.

Hmm I'm going to add that I looked up all the friends of hers with that same last name and there's another person with that last name, and they have posted on their FB page a lot of sad messages about them being missing and the most recent one talks about God rest their souls...or something like that. You don't say that unless you know they're dead, right? But they're just missing. So I predict this person knows more than they are saying.

Hmm I'm going to add that I looked up all the friends of hers with that same last name and there's another person with that last name, and they have posted on their FB page a lot of sad messages about them being missing and the most recent one talks about God rest their souls...or something like that. You don't say that unless you know they're dead, right? But they're just missing. So I predict this person knows more than they are saying.

Well now that news of the suspect has been released. Saw that as well-thinking his wife. and she seemed to know the urgency of the situation before the news broke. I realize she is a neighbor, but she was a little too over the top this is bad news on Sunday when the story hadn't even broke yet.

This is just so sad.
I'm assuming the police have found evidence of murder rather than it being a missing persons case now? Has any information been released?

Such sad news. I'm waiting for the news to announce that this is in fact the same Jason Owens that was last known to be with Zebb prior to his disappearance. Western north carolina is a fairly safe area and having one person linked to both cases would seem like an extreme coincidence in my opinion.

I haven't seen anything mentioned about recovering their bodies yet but the local news has only reported minimal information at this point. I'm also curious as to when the last time this couple had known contact with family or friends. They moved quickly to charge JO with first degree of the couple along with the unborn baby so it appears the police must have sufficient evidence of something.

Such tragic news. That fb page is on lock down now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back