NC - Joshua Wetzler, 37, & Tommy Welch, 36, murdered, Clemmons, Jul & Oct 2009

I'm only chiming in here because I'm roughly the same age as the "accused" and I'm from the same area. In a really odd bit of irony, I share his first and last names. Now, that's a pretty common thing in these parts, but it's pretty ridiculous the messages I've been getting on social media from former acquaintances that don't seem to realize it's not me. What a weird world.

This is my area. Aack! The locations where these arrested folks lived were not bad parts of the area at all. The last woman arrested lived very close to all the great little pubs, art stores, etc we have downtown.

I'm surprised I haven't ever seen this evil dude out, and that's a very scary thought! But we do have a lot of 'alternative' folks, so lots of tattoos and piercings and such wouldn't stand out as much as you might think. Usually those people are just artsy or punk rock, etc.

I'm trying to imagine how the whole demon thing would go here. Probably like a rebellious, attention-seeking kid in high school. I could see that. At his age now, though, I'm thinking he had to hang with a druggie crowd, right? Good neighborhoods or not, hanging out with this guy reeks of having some sort of screw loose, imho! He thinks he's a demon. That's not amusing as adults ;)

I know a guy a lot like this. He plays bass in a death metal band and has two kids. As far as I can tell, he's a doting father, definitely not a druggy. Has a job besides the band. He has a demon name for the band; I'm not sure whether he really thinks he's a demon or he's just playacting. He kind of acts like he thinks it's real. His sig line on the forum I know him through is something along the lines of "just another hardworking misunderstood devil."

It's like a lot of other weird subgroups -- people will talk like the subgroup's weird interest caused the person to become evil, but most of the time it's the person's choice, or illness. Most people simply aren't murderers.

A copy of this report had already been posted on the internet - rather obscurely at least 7 days prior to this which is when I found it by accident.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...pdf_d4f50e06-4f50-11e4-aae4-001a4bcf6878.html

Clearly this man is disturbed and I in no way condone his actions, but the posting of his psychiatric evaluation seems to be a clear HIPPA violation.

I know nothing of the legality here but I do wonder if this will affect the trial in either direction. And I certainly have been wondering how that report even made it to the internet to begin with. Seems somebody did something they weren't supposed to? Or is there a legal route here?

On page one, under Admission Mental Status, it states that PA was informed about the "lack of confidentiality at the outset of this evaluation". I believe (could be wrong) that due to the evaluation being part of a criminal case, HIPPA doesn't apply. JMO

http://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...cle_9031ef4a-b153-11e4-944f-5f231231b4b3.html

The foreclosure process has begun on the Clemmons home where human skeletal remains were found buried in the backyard in October.

The Forsyth County Clerk of Court’s website lists a March 10 hearing at the county courthouse that could determine how to proceed on the foreclosure filing for the residence at 2749 Knob Hill Drive...

The next court hearing for the three defendants is April 30... Prosecutors have not said whether they plan to pursue the death penalty.

[h=1]Winston-Salem woman convicted for role in killing, burial of two men at Clemmons house[/h]
The last chapter in one of Forsyth County’s most bizarre murder cases — the brutal killings of two men, who were then buried for five years in the backyard of a now-demolished Clemmons house — came to an end Monday when Krystal Nicole Matlock was convicted for her role in helping to bury one of the men.

Matlock, 30, pleaded guilty in Forsyth Superior Court to conspiracy to accessory after the fact to first-degree murder. She had been indicted earlier this year on accessory after the fact to first-degree murder. She entered her guilty plea based on a bill of information, which is a waiver of indictment and an agreement that she can be prosecuted on the new charge.

Judge John O. Craig of Forsyth Superior Court sentenced her to three years and two months to four years and 10 months in prison.
http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_99d614e7-5a7a-52fa-8752-3ac7553bc2b4.html

Very good documentary---two of the craziest parts: his mom saw both men shot (the ones buried in the backyard), and the babysitter's account of him and his mom when Pazuzu was a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back