GUILTY NC - Kathleen Peterson, 48, found dead in her Durham home, 9 Dec 2001

Are the discovery and/or autopsy reports available online?

I don't know that there's anything official but the documentary depicts strands of Kathleen's hair found in her own hands, and microscopic evidence of feathers, needles, and wood splinters as cited by others.

In other words, hair tested to be the victim's hair in her hands is notable whether or not it be a clump or strands. MOO

ETA: add link w/autopsy which confirms hair in each hand, pine needles, and splinters in scalp hair. I'm not seeing 3-feathers but perhaps others better and cyphering the handwriting.

Oh, for sure, I think it's noteworthy. My understanding is that it's not uncommon when someone is struggling with another person who's throttling/choking them.

Wish there was more to say. I'm still extremely bothered by Michael Peterson and could go on about the absurdity of the owl theory IMO, but I guess I've said it before. I could never trust this man and wish Kathleen got real justice.

Wish there was more to say. I'm still extremely bothered by Michael Peterson and could go on about the absurdity of the owl theory IMO, but I guess I've said it before. I could never trust this man and wish Kathleen got real justice.
I live in the area and I've always thought the owl theory was bonkers, but I have to say that there is an owl who apparently lives in my front yard who has buzzed me TWICE this summer late at night. Not touching me, but swooping in close enough to scare the bejesus out of me. It does give me pause.

Yea it could have been walked on from outside and brought in on shoe soles, I’ve read.

I just watched the hobo show on this and I honestly am not sure what I think.

I am not a fan of the owl theory but I did consider the bats in the attic might have been responsible before I heard the owl theory. It explains the head wounds.

If it was an owl in the front yard or would explain why there was blood evidence in the yard and on the front door.

The problem I have with it is if I were attacked like that I think my first and second instinct would be to dial 911 and find my husband to help me. I would not try to climb stairs. That does not add up for me.

If he did kill her, why is there blood evidence on the front door and in the yard. Also what was the murder weapon and where is it. I'm not sure I could convict without those answers.

I can however imagine if she did discover him living a second life by finding *advertiser censored* on his computer that it could of lead to a violent altercation. Again though if they ruled the computer evidence inadmissible and the jury never heard it then motive would also be a big question for me.

I also question how long she laid there before he called for help. Prosecution say hours but was that doctored evidence or was it accurate. That's a key factor that is left mirky.

It's all very confusing. Nothing completely adds up.

Then there is the weird coincidence. The neighbor who died from falling down the stairs and the gay lover who died from the same injuries caused by a mutual friend.

I haven’t seen the HBO show but I did watch the Netflix doc. I never heard about the neighbor or the gay person (do you mean the friend who died in another country? Who was the mother of one or 2 of his kids?). Remember there is a missing wine/champagne? Bottle somewhere that was never accounted for … murder weapon?

Peterson was granted a new trial after the judge ruled a critical prosecution witness gave misleading testimony. Rather than go to trial, he submitted an Alford plea to the reduced charge of manslaughter, and was sentenced to time already served (8 years).

Contrary to popular opinion, plea agreements originate with the prosecution. I don't think they could win a conviction at 2nd trial -- reasonable doubt. MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back