NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man... would I have liked to have been a FLY on the WALL..... Truly an amazing Who-done-it!!!! Guess the MORAL to the story is if you DON'T trust a family member COMPLETELY - probably NOT a good IDEA to have them take care of you when you are going to be COMPLETELY HELPLESS having Major/Minor multiple Surgery procedures & gonna be wrapped up in bandages & Need EXTRA CARE to recover. Good lesson here for me....

After reading all the reports, listening to 911 calls and viewing the SW here is what I know with 100% certainity about all this bizareness - I did not commit this crime!

Two other murder cases keep entering the back of my mind - the Jeffery McDonald case from the 70s and the case in Raleigh a few years where the pregnant newspaper carrier was murdered - don't remember if she was raped.
JM claims his innocent and in the second case no one has been caught and there were no witnesses.

Jenna Nielson...pregnant wife and mother
RPD thinks Killed and robbed by a random drifter at a gas station.

WTVD said the same thing....they don't normally publish this type of comment w/o solid sources (likely LE off the record).

IMO. D was out that night from before 11 PM till after 2 AM.
She had been drinking and possibly high on coke (used before she went out).
I think a random intruder was in the neighborhood, possibly behind the dark path looking for a burglary(we know this is fact)and saw D drive off. He then went inside and found KT and decided he would rape her (sudden opportunity)

Sounds plausible.

Did DH leave the door locked or unlocked at the house when she left to go out?

It seems the only person saying that DH is not a suspect is DH herself.

Sources close to the case say Holton is essentially right, although no one can be completely eliminated as a suspect at this point in the investigation.

They say that is also the case with John Geil, the man who owns the house on Cartier Drive were the incident took place, and was once Taft's boyfriend.

Holton and another one of Taft's family members also tell ABC11 that Raleigh police have retrieved DNA samples from all the men in Taft's family, as well as her male acquaintances.

ABC11 reported last week that according to sources, police have DNA that they think may belong to the killer and it appears they do not have any positive matches from the family, friends, neighbors, nor the national criminal data bases.

You forgot to highlight this,,,Sources close to the case say Holton is essentially right.

Becha WTVD's sources are 'off the record' RPD:cool:

Sounds plausible.

Did DH leave the door locked or unlocked at the house when she left to go out?

it was never said.
My guess is it was unlocked...not her house and KT may have had the key w/ her in the BR?

No, JTF, I didn't forget to highlight that part.

I only wanted to bold the part that said no one could be completely eliminated as a suspect.

Where do you think she was between 11 & 2? Drinking where?

I mean they could find this guy and find out that KT was set up by her sister. Or John G. Or anyone ...

Where do you think she was between 11 & 2? Drinking where?

The Glenwood Grill. It's near the grocery store.

ETA
I think there was a rumor that she was there that evening anyway.

No, JTF, I didn't forget to highlight that part.

I only wanted to bold the part that said no one could be completely eliminated as a suspect.

Well, that is very true.
However, I think the cops are going down a path now that does not include the immediate circle....family and close friends.
If unknown male DNA was found in KT's vagina, DH is no longer a suspect...just say'n.

The Glenwood Grill. It's near the grocery store.

ETA
I think there was a rumor that she was there that evening anyway.

Yes it is a rumor...but it has been repeated by numerous sources.
Sounds very plausible, especially when I found out the bar closed at 2am rather than 10PM, as first reported.

Has it been factually established that the durango was left running. I know the HT manager stated it was running but any idea if RPD determined the ignition was left on and engine running?

Also, anyone's thoughts on perhaps there was someone in the durango at 6 am - perhaps stretched out "sleeping" or "hiding"?

Has it been factually established that the durango was left running. I know the HT manager stated it was running but any idea if RPD determined the ignition was left on and engine running?

Also, anyone's thoughts on perhaps there was someone in the durango at 6 am - perhaps stretched out "sleeping" or "hiding"?

The only info we have it was found running was a news quote by the HT manager that said it was. I see no reason to question that.

I would be shocked if there was someone sleeping in the car.

"It seemed like she was the only good suspect," neighbor Gillian Bowling said. "So now, I just hope they have some news as to some progress that they've made."

Bowling has been helping organize a neighborhood watch in the area around the murder scene.

She and others in the neighborhood say they are starting to think as each day passes without an arrest that the killer might have picked Taft out of the blue.

"If it's just someone random that not only sexually assaulted her but then beat her, I mean, that person definitely needs to be caught," Bowling said.

Holton and another one of Taft's family members also tell ABC11 that Raleigh police have retrieved DNA samples from all the men in Taft's family, as well as her male acquaintances.

ABC11 reported last week that according to sources, police have DNA that they think may belong to the killer and it appears they do not have any positive matches from the family, friends, neighbors, nor the national criminal data bases.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7381692

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like the neighbors suspected DH as we did. Now they are leaning toward a random killer.
The cops have DNA they think may belong to the killer?
That tells me it was probably DNA from the rape kit. Any other unknown DNA in the home would not necessarily point to the killer.

"It seemed like she was the only good suspect," neighbor Gillian Bowling said. "So now, I just hope they have some news as to some progress that they've made."

Bowling has been helping organize a neighborhood watch in the area around the murder scene.

She and others in the neighborhood say they are starting to think as each day passes without an arrest that the killer might have picked Taft out of the blue.

"If it's just someone random that not only sexually assaulted her but then beat her, I mean, that person definitely needs to be caught," Bowling said.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7381692

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like the neighbors suspected DH as we did. Now they are leaning toward a random killer.
The cops have DNA they think may belong to the killer?
That tells me it was probably DNA from the rape kit. Any other unknown DNA in the home would not necessarily point to the killer.

Do you wonder if they really know who did it? They cleared D - no "be careful" alerts in the neighborhood. They have to know something.

Do you wonder if they really know who did it? They cleared D - no "be careful" alerts in the neighborhood. They have to know something.

With all the latest news, I think RPD needs to come clean with their case theory.
If all KT's male family, neighbors and close associates passed, in needs to be labeled a random rape/murder so Raleigh residents can react accordingly.

Yes it is a rumor...but it has been repeated by numerous sources.
Sounds very plausible, especially when I found out the bar closed at 2am rather than 10PM, as first reported.

LE must be holding this info close to their vest, if she was indeed there. Surely they know after interviewing employees and getting credit card receipts with names of other patrons there that evening.

Wonder if there is any video surveillance inside this place?

LE must be holding this info close to their vest, if she was indeed there. Surely they know after interviewing employees and getting credit card receipts with names of other patrons there that evening.

Wonder if there is any video surveillance inside this place?
I'm sure the cops know one way or another, but they are not saying anything, really. Seems easy for the media to confirm that she was there that night...assuming the GG grill mgt would talk. If they are smart, they don't want their name associated with this terrible event by blabbing to a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong