GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by KaylynnCouture, Jul 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture New Member

Police say Laura Jean Ackerson, age 27 of Kinston, was last seen on July 13th at approximately 9:30 p.m. when she dropped off her two children at their father's home in Raleigh.

Commander Jennifer Canady says Ackerson is always concerned about her children and has no prior history of disappearing which is why they're saying this is suspicious.

A police report says a friend reported her missing after the woman failed to pick up her children on Friday.

Relatives say those children are one and three years old and the two would meet in Wilson to exchange them every Friday. The grandmother tells WITN News that the two were never married and this past Friday her son waited 1-1/2 hours and Ackerson never showed up.

Police report Ackerson drives a 2006 white four-door Ford Focus, with the license plate ZTL-7433.

Snipped from: http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/125806993.html (Photo at link)

2. Loading...

3. KaylynnCouture

Snipped: http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/jul/19/8/police-need-help-locating-missing-kinston-woman-ar-1220116/

4. Lovejac

Lovejac These boys are my heartstrings!

this makes me think that the children primarily live with their father.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8258602

ETA: I just saw your post above, Kaylynn. So, a custody thing.

5. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

6. Lovejac

also from Kaylynn's link above:

7. Lovejac

This is maddening!

And I can't help but be suspicious of the father and his new wife. I hate that I feel that way.

8. Knox

Is this the business Laura is a partner in?

9. KaylynnCouture

Anytime there's a custody battle going on, and someone goes missing, I feel the same way.

10. Knox

I hate feeling cynical, but I thought the same thing myself.

Why did the friend report her missing? If my ex/so failed to pick up our kids and never returned my phone calls, I would at least call someone who knows him and see if everything was ok. Regardless of hard feelings.

11. otto

otto Verified Expert

Is this missing mom getting the same sort of local attention as the murders of Nancy Cooper and Michelle Young, or more like Janet Abaroa, or maybe more like the Maria Lauterbach, or more like a couple of other women that went unnoticed?

12. ashmoulder

ashmoulder New Member

Odd how apparently GH married his current wife in April 2010 yet his youngest with Laura is reported to be 1 year old?

I have found his facebook page (it's public and pretty easy to find) and on a photo of him and the children in his profile pictures he says they are three and 21 months- this would make more sense.

Also it appears that him and his new wife have a baby together? Looks like a girl IMO. Judging by his pictures it seems like he absolutely adores his kids! Hmmm maybe the custody battle was threatening the perfect picture??

He also has his own website- appears to be some sort of singer/ music producer

13. Lovejac

Gosh! Those children are absolutely beautiful! It looks like the sister was born 6/9/11.

I know pictures can be deceiving, but those children look like they are well taken care of and cherished by both the father and step-mom.

The pics of the dad don't raise any red flags to me. JMO

14. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

Found an old myspace that was Laura and Grant's together apparently. Clearly in happier times. I wish I knew how to mirror, but the link is here:

http://www.myspace.com/thehazes

They do list themselves as married, so perhaps they just considered themselves married, even if legally they were not.

15. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

16. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

17. MoonRiver

MoonRiver New Member

18. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

I'm glad the car has been found. Hopefully it will shed some light on this baffling case.

19. Boodles

Boodles Active Member

The location where the car was found is extremely close to Umstead Park. I don't like the sound of this..prayers for Laura. No mention of her parents/family other than the children...

ETA: I see there is a brother named Jason

20. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Active Member

Hi Boodles. For those of us non-locals is there anything significant about Umstead Park?

21. Boodles

Boodles Active Member

It's a state park, a huge plot of woods, lakes (non-swimming) and trails. I don't want to sound like an alarmist; it just occurred to me it's awfully close to an extremely large densely wooded area. It's thousands of acres and borders on the airport, I believe. At this moment, we are having a huge downpour (I am by the park).

When they say she was last seen in Raleigh, I wonder where in Raleigh she was seen.

I sure hope she just decided to skip town for a short va-ca.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.