NC - Lauren Hugelmaier, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 1 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

What does SABBM mean? 😬 This is only my second post!

Or did her family delete the name Phelps from her FB before we saw it? They used only her maiden name in the obituary and didn't mention him at all.

I found it pretty fast after the murder and it was not under Phelps. (it was also before it was changed to Remembering Lauren) I would think if they would have deleted it they would have also taken down all their wedding pictures as well and scrubbed him completely from the page. Anything is possible though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found it pretty fast after the murder and it was not under Phelps. (it was also before it was changed to Remembering Lauren) I would think if they would have deleted it they would have also taken down all their wedding pictures as well and scrubbed him completely from the page. Anything is possible though.

Her Instagram handle was also her maiden name if I remember correctly. Maybe she never legally changed her last name, or maybe she went by her maiden name professionally so kept her social media as such? I recently got married and my Facebook still only says I'm in a relationship lol.

I may have missed this in earlier posts as I was playing catch up and keeping up with Irma. One thing I noticed that is very odd is the album "pictures of myself" on MP's facebook. Those are not pictures of MP but another young man with the last name Stratton. MP was a groomsman at this other guys wedding shortly before he married LHP. I checked the "knot" And he was not a groomsman in MP and LHP's wedding.

I may have missed this in earlier posts as I was playing catch up and keeping up with Irma. One thing I noticed that is very odd is the album "pictures of myself" on MP's facebook. Those are not pictures of MP but another young man with the last name Stratton. MP was a groomsman at this other guys wedding shortly before he married LHP. I checked the "knot" And he was not a groomsman in MP and LHP's wedding.

That's so weird. I didn't get to see MPs Facebook because I recently took a social media break, but I did see that MP was a groomsman in that persons wedding and he is listed as his brother.

They deleted almost all of the photos and posts that were originally on MP's FB page. Not much is left on it now.

I still have a few more pages to go until I'm caught up on this thread so excuse me if this has been discussed -- but I'm getting a vibe of possible undiagnosed schizophrenia?

I'm not buying the insanity defense -- but he does have a great legal team so maybe they can pull it off.

This is a great thread - you all have provided excellent insight. Thank you!

I still have a few more pages to go until I'm caught up on this thread so excuse me if this has been discussed -- but I'm getting a vibe of possible undiagnosed schizophrenia?

I'm not buying the insanity defense -- but he does have a great legal team so maybe they can pull it off.

This is a great thread - you all have provided excellent insight. Thank you!

I can't remember if we've discussed it, but I get the schizophrenia vibe too. It commonly shows up in the early to mid 20's. My cousin (now 73) and a schoolmate of my daughter's (now 46) were diagnosed then. Their previously productive lives have never been the same. I don't think people with schizophrenia usually kill anyone...unless perhaps they get into heavy drug use, so his legal team would have an uphill battle with an insanity defense IMO, but I expect they will try...and perhaps pull it off.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/archi...hrenia-usually-strikes-first-in-young-adults/

I wish his ex wife would speak out and talk about how he was during their marriage. She could provide some great insight.

The body language says so much in the couple pics she posted. She so obviously adores him, and he just stands there, stiff as a board.....makes me so very sad for this sweet and intelligent young lady!

He smiles with his teeth only. His eyes don't change in expression in any of the pics I've seen of him. In pics with her, or without he doesn't even look comfortable in his own skin.

She smiles with her whole body. :)

So sad another beautiful soul has been taken...

So, I was lining up podcasts for my drive home this afternoon. I came across one titled "The Uncanny Valley." I thought that was rather peculiar--Baader-Meinhof phenomenon, anyone?

Well, my Bluetooth was being fussy so I wasn't able to listen to it. I looked into the "Uncanny Valley" and I'm pretty sure my mouth hung open whilst reading about it.

Quickly review this page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UncannyValley

Am I crazy to think MP may have been aware of the "Uncanny Valley" and that he based his IG name after it, perhaps Uncanny_Matty was the not 100% human (fake) version of his real human self (Marty)? He certainly looks less than human in many photos with his beautiful, lively wife, like something just isn't quite right. Know what I mean? Maybe. Maybe not.

I'm probably crazy.
I love that site so much! Anyway, brilliant find and idea. I wondered why he'd chosen uncanny. I'm sure he was familiar with the term since he enjoyed fantasy/sci-fi works. He seems to be saying he knows he's not fully human/normal. He's also created two pages--another clue that he feels he can't show his true self to everyone. There's the wholesome young husband persona for one and the dark, depressed persons for the other page. Scary.

I don't get how a wife could be unaware of his other side for very long (maybe she was aware--privately). Or she was too busy with a full time job, a part time job, fashion and shopping hobbies and social media updates (photos of outfits, etc) to notice. OR maybe she knew and used these time-consuming jobs/hobbies/endeavors to escape the "OMG...what have I gotten myself into with this guy" feeling?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I love that site so much! Anyway, brilliant find and idea. I wondered why he'd chosen uncanny. I'm sure he was familiar with the term since he enjoyed fantasy/sci-fi works. He seems to be saying he knows he's not fully human/normal. He's also created two pages--another clue that he feels he can't show his true self to everyone. There's the wholesome young husband persona for one and the dark, depressed persons for the other page. Scary.

I don't get how a wife could be unaware of his other side for very long (maybe she was aware--privately). Or she was too busy with a full time job, a part time job, fashion and shopping hobbies and social media updates (photos of outfits, etc) to notice. OR maybe she knew and used these time-consuming jobs/hobbies/endeavors to escape the "OMG...what have I gotten myself into with this guy" feeling?

To be fair, look at BTK. His wife never knew anything until she did. Not only is love blind, but sociopaths and narcissists are great at making others believe they are completely normal. My best friend is the kindest most innocent chic you'd ever meet, and she is literally a sociopath magnet. Keep in mind that sociopaths prey on innocent and trusting people.

To be fair, look at BTK. His wife never knew anything until she did. Not only is love blind, but sociopaths and narcissists are great at making others believe they are completely normal. My best friend is the kindest most innocent chic you'd ever meet, and she is literally a sociopath magnet. Keep in mind that sociopaths prey on innocent and trusting people.
Good point. She does seem very innocent and sheltered.

So true. I feel so bad for Rader's wife and family. It's not fair that they have to live with his legacy of pain and death that he inflicted upon so many.

Good point. She does seem very innocent and sheltered.

When I see smart women/bright young ladies duped by sociopaths one common
thread I see is they were raised by wonderful, intact families, with so much love and acceptance. With grandparents that loved them unconditionally, too. You're taught that people are basically good people and you believe that in your core. It's like they didn't even know such evil, psychologically deviant people exist. Until all the sudden they wake up to realize they've married one. Or are killed by one.

When I see smart women/bright young ladies duped by sociopaths one common
thread I see is they were raised by wonderful, intact families, with so much love and acceptance. With grandparents that loved them unconditionally, too. You're taught that people are basically good people and you believe that in your core. It's like they didn't even know such evil, psychologically deviant people exist. Until all the sudden they wake up to realize they've married one. Or are killed by one.

Yes this describes my sociopath-magnet best friend to a T. God bless her, but she can be considered naive. Largely in part because she had an ideal upbringing with a solid family and never had to experience that much bad in the world.

:wagon:to Websleuths, TruthisStranger!! We're glad you're here!!

:skip::skip:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Petoskey
Back