GUILTY NC - Lindsey Stikeleather, 88, Statesville, 25 March 2013

danzn16

For the missing
Reaction score
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/88-year-old-statesville-man-missing-monday/nW5Zy/

No one has seen 88-year-old Lindsey Stikeleather since he went to a bank Monday afternoon. The white Jeep pickup was spotted at the intersection west of Statesville.

They said Stikeleather was in excellent shape and exercised on a treadmill every day.

They say the 88-year old had left to go pick up some money owed to him for past-due rent and then was supposed to go to the bank. Deputies believe he disappeared following his trip to the bank.

So, there is a witness who saw someone walk away from the truck but they aren't sure it was him. Just thinking out loud....the way an 88-year old would get out of a truck and walk away would be distinct and noticeable. I might say, "An old man got out of the truck." Of course, a younger witness (say, 25 to 35ish) might not be able to make that distinction - anyone over 50 might be old. Anyway, my thought is that someone other than he got out of the truck, probably someone younger (not surprisingly).

And no indication of dementia? Getting lost between bank and home?

How sad to deal with this sort of thing at that age...

He & his wife Ruth have been married for 69 years. Bless her, I know she is so worried. Reading this made me cry.

"I'm so worried I don't know what to do. Because it has been a good bit and it is so cold and I do hope he is in some place that is warm. I think the Lord will send him back to us in a while," said Ruth Stikeleather.

Stikeleather was last seen wearing dark blue dress pants, a light blue shirt, a tan windbreaker jacket, and a blue cap. Anyone with information on this case is urged to call the sheriff’s office at (704) 878-3100.

BBM

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/elderly-man-missing-since-monday/#.UVO3ohxwrZg

Lindsey-Stikeleather-219x300.jpg

I wish we knew if the renter was angry about paying back rent. What was his demeanor at the bank? Why would anyone just abandon their vehicle on the side of the road? His poor wife. I hope this case has a happy ending and he is found soon!

Why does it take so long for LE to let people know to bolo for a missing person?! I live nearby and just heard about this Wednesday night.- and no info on search parties. Geez. I know it doesn't look good, but I am still willing to search and look for Mr. Stikeleather wherever LE wants to send me. Jmo

Carp. New article says his tenant said his moped broke down and Mr. stikeleather went to help. He was seen at the bank, but no word if anyone else was with him or in the truck. And shoot, a perp could have left the moped down the road, dropped off the truck, and then walked back to his ride. Jmo and the tenant may have nothing to do with it. Just a scenario.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/lo...dered-Suspicious-200342911.html?m=y&smobile=y

It sure sounds hinky that he goes missing after meeting up with someone who owed him money and then supposedly has a problem with their vehicle. Was he made to go into bank so it would look like his routine while perp waited on him and most of money stolen prior to bank trip? Did he deposit money then perp wanted bank info for access to his account, he refused and was harmed. I hope none of the above happened and he is found safe.

Oh no, I"m at work crying at my desk. Why did it have to end this way?!!

I'm certain Mr. Stikeleather would've given this man money (since robbery was one of his charges) as opposed to being killed.

Prayers for his wife of 69 years, Ruth. Prayers for the entire family.

:rose:

I know so sad.

They have posted his mug shot and I don't doubt he was on some from of drugs. Looks like a real winner. :furious:

This breaks my heart. RIP Mr Stikeleather

They have updated the article posted above. It was the renter that was behind on rent. And it was premeditated.

Investigators believe the 88-year-old was trying to help Jackson with a broken down scooter. They believe the two ended up at Stikeleather's bank in Statesville on Monday, where deputies say Jackson was able to deceive Stikeleather into withdrawing money.
Less than an hour later, Stikeleather's truck was found abandoned two miles from where deputies found his body.
They believe the robbery was planned and are calling the murder premeditated.
“Mr. Lindsey would have done anything for anybody. This individual preyed upon that,” said Major Darren Campbell with the Iredell County Sheriff's Office. “I think he targeted him. And he does have a criminal history and has served time."

Small said Jackson had been renting for some time, but fell behind on payments and was evicted.
One of Jackson's sisters told Eyewitness News off camera that her brother had been renting to own from Stikeleather when he fell behind on those payments. She said she can't imagine what would cause him to commit a crime like this. She said Stikeleather was a good man and that she is so sorry for his family.

His truck was found only 12 min from my fiance's house. I hate that this happens in such a small town.

I'm glad they've arrested someone but very sad for the family.

Disgusting....

IMO

That is truly awful!!!!!! Humanity really shocks and disgusts me at times, especially when people are so desperate they turn into monsters and prey on innocent upstanding citizens like Lindsay who truly do not deserve this!!! :furious:

Thoughts are with his poor family :(

I am so sorry, Mr. Stikeleather. You should NOT have died because you wanted to help someone one. Why, oh why? What is happening in this world? I am so saddened by this story.

Please RIP, and I thank you for all the great things you have done in your short life.

Prayers to family and friends.

And may the guilty, burn in HE.........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46