NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who know:
How does the grand jury indictment of both parents facilitate the investigation?
In North Carolina a grand jury indictment is required in order for felony charges to proceed to trial. So in terms of the investigation it just means that sufficient evidence was presented to convince the jury a crime was committed.

As the investigation progresses we may see additional, more serious charges. In the meantime it sickens me that the parents continue to impede LE with their stupid claims.

I’ve seen people be more concerned over a lost pet than these creeps are with their missing child.

Published Jan 4, 2023
On Tuesday, a grand jury indicted her mother, Diana Cojocari, and stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, for failure to report Madalina’s disappearance to law enforcement.

Diana Cojocari is scheduled to be in court on Jan. 9. Palmiter’s next court date is Jan. 19. They’re both probable cause hearings.

In North Carolina a grand jury indictment is required in order for felony charges to proceed to trial. So in terms of the investigation it just means that sufficient evidence was presented to convince the jury a crime was committed.

As the investigation progresses we may see additional, more serious charges. In the meantime it sickens me that the parents continue to impede LE with their stupid claims.

I’ve seen people be more concerned over a lost pet than these creeps are with their missing child.
Thanks. Good to know the legal process is moving forward thanks to grand jury. Looking forward to learning more at DC's probable cause hearing. Interesting that step-dad's hearing date was recently changed to 10 day's following mom's.

I continue to be mystified by the parents' odd behavior and their obvious belief they can get away with not reporting daughter's disappearance. I do hope additional charges are forthcoming.

Yes but I'm looking for year/model. That will give us a better idea of what the vehicle is equipped with in regards to providing digital information
True. If both vehicles were equipped with GPS, I wonder if CP disabled the digital systems around the time M disappeared. If he did, this act would be suspicious in itself.

True. If both vehicles were equipped with GPS, I wonder if CP disabled the digital systems around the time M disappeared. If he did, this act would be suspicious in itself.
Although, even if the vehicle that allegedly went to MI is old enough to not really have all the digital bells and whistles, CP's phone pings would more than make up for that.

And, while folks can delete all sorts of things in an attempt to hide their nasty little deeds, that's one thing you can't delete. Or, records of dates and times of phone calls and texts.

The darker car in the drive there has what appear to be Florida plates, so I'm not even sure that car is owned by anyone that lives there.
I agree it looks like FL plates on the Camry.
Here's a different angle that was taken a month later (Apr 2019 vs. Mar 2019) and it looks like a Chevy sedan. Can't see the plates, though.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but, as many searches that I've done, I haven't come across this one. The 4th one down for DC in 2019.
190719024​
B&E Vehicle​
18413 Victoria Bay Dr​
13:28:21 07/19/19​
ACT​
Cojocari, Diana​
anyone know ? Breaking & entering a vehicle
Incidents, Arrests and Citations as reported by the Cornelius Police Department July 25 | Cornelius Today
Based on the others in that list, it seems like whoever is listed on the right is the reporter/victim of the listed crime.

Based on the others in that list, it seems like whoever is listed on the right is the reporter/victim of the listed crime.
OK thank you . Thought I found something worth looking into.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but, as many searches that I've done, I haven't come across this one. The 4th one down for DC in 2019.
190719024​
B&E Vehicle​
18413 Victoria Bay Dr​
13:28:21 07/19/19​
ACT​
Cojocari, Diana​
anyone know ? Breaking & entering a vehicle
Incidents, Arrests and Citations as reported by the Cornelius Police Department July 25 | Cornelius Today
I had not seen this previously either so nice catch. However, I don't think it's of significance. I live in Cornelius and there are car break-ins reported constantly. Lots of homes with not much driveway and easy for criminals to go quickly from one car to the next.

Along that same topic, just thought that I would mention their house is located near the entrance of the neighborhood off of West Catawba Road. There is a bar directly across the street which gets rowdy. Not rowdy in a dangerous way necessarily but lots of heavy drinking and open as late as the law allows.

Although, even if the vehicle that allegedly went to MI is old enough to not really have all the digital bells and whistles, CP's phone pings would more than make up for that.

And, while folks can delete all sorts of things in an attempt to hide their nasty little deeds, that's one thing you can't delete. Or, records of dates and times of phone calls and texts.
The glimpse I saw it looked like a Toyota Prius?

The glimpse I saw it looked like a Toyota Prius?
I only recall one vehicle being towed away, and it looked like a Prius to me, as well. There are photos attached to the timeline. Whether that car is the one alleged to have gone to MI, and whether that alleged trip happened, we don’t know. We also don’t know whether the family has a second car. It’s a whole lot of we don’t know on the car and MI trip issue at this point, frustratingly. MOO

ETA: I believe the MI trip is one of the two things that CP and DC agree on, iirc. The other being that they each asked the other if the other had hidden M, and they each responded “no.” Or maybe they also agreed there had been a fight just before the alleged MI trip occurred…that would be another point of agreement.

Last edited:
I only recall one vehicle being towed away, and it looked like a Prius to me, as well. There are photos attached to the timeline. Whether that car is the one alleged to have gone to MI, and whether that alleged trip happened, we don’t know. We also don’t know whether the family has a second car. It’s a whole lot of we don’t know on the car and MI trip issue at this point, frustratingly. MOO

ETA: I believe the MI trip is one of the two things that CP and DC agree on, iirc. The other being that they each asked the other if the other had hidden M, and they each responded “no.” Or maybe they also agreed there had been a fight just before the alleged MI trip occurred…that would be another point of agreement.
I am very interested in this trip to Michigan to "recover some items"
Like, what kind of items ??

I am thinking he TOOK things here, not picked up and brought back to recover them from here.

I see a road trip in my future and it's not that far away.
JMO

I am very interested in this trip to Michigan to "recover some items"
Like, what kind of items ??

I am thinking he TOOK things here, not picked up and brought back to recover them from here.

I see a road trip in my future and it's not that far away.
JMO
Agree. I think he went there to bring back some piece of heavy equipment that he would not want to be seen buying locally. All imo. I don’t know what kind of equipment, but I think that body disposal was on their minds, moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther