NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://x.com/JessePierre_
Jesse Pierre

@JessePierre_
·
14m

Replying to
@JessePierre_
Palmiter and Cojocari have been married since 2016

The detective says Palmiter him he asked Diana Cojocari where Madalina was when he came back from Michigan and she said she did not know and in turn asked him if he knew where she was.

Palmiter said he did not know. Palmiter did not indicate that police was called then

Palmiter told the detective multiple possibilities as where Madalina could be. She could have been in her room bc her light was on, at a friends house and also mentioned the possibility she could have been kidnapped

Palmiter is heard saying Madalina was a sweet girl, she loves horses, and playing her video games

11:30 a.m.
Jurors are continuing to watch video showing police questioning Palmiter on Dec. 15, 2022. In that interview, police asked Palmiter if it was usual for Madalina to disappear for long periods of time. Palmiter told investigators it was usual for his stepdaughter to be in her room for long periods of time and that his wife, Diana, had not told him the girl was missing.
Palmiter acknowledged to police he had received voicemails from the school inquiring about Madalina's absences. This on-camera acknowledgment confirms something jurors heard on Friday when school counselor Danice Lampkin testified she had been leaving Palmiter messages but had never received a response. In the video seen Tuesday, Palmiter told police his wife, Diana, said she would handle things with the school.

11:40 a.m.
In more police video recorded in 2022, police ask Palmiter to explain why he burned a couch in the backyard of his Cornelius home. The audio of Palmiter's answer is hard to hear.

11:41 a.m.
Playback of the video is paused over an objection. Lawyers are talking privately with the judge about an unknown matter.

11:45 a.m.
Palmiter is heard in the police video explaining a financial investment he was looking to make in silver. The context of the conversation is hard to hear in the audio of the police video. Palmiter told authorities he argued with Diana because Diana allegedly did not want to be involved in the silver investment. One such argument came, according to Palmiter, before he traveled to Michigan.

In Palmiter's timeline of events, he was in Michigan around the time Madalina is believed to have disappeared.

12:00 p.m.
Police, in the 2022 video, point blank ask Palmiter if he believes his wife, Diana, knows the whereabouts of Diana. Palmiter pauses for a long time and says he feels like an outsider in the situation. Palmiter describes part of him feels like Diana knows where her daughter is and that his gut instinct is that Madalina did not run away.

12:05 p.m.
In the 2022 video, police ask Palmiter if they can search Madalina's room. Palmiter agrees and then continues to say that they have been throwing a lot of items away recently in an effort to clean up.

Jesse Pierre \

@JessePierre_
·
5m

Replying to
@JessePierre_

Palmiter asked about Madalina’s social media and said Madalina was not on social media and her outlet were video games

Three different video clips are being played from body worn camera. These are from interviews Cornelius Detective has with Palmiter

On Video, the detective mentions that Palmiter got emotional talking about Madalina. He asked Palmiter again, gut instinct… what do you think happened to Madalina?

Palmiter said Madalina was a happy girl and would not have runaway but he just does not know

Detective says it’s concerning that a child could be missing since Thanksgiving and there has not been any real discussion about where Madalina btw her parents. He tells Palmiter he does not care about getting anyone in trouble… he just wants to make sure Madalina is safe

12:15 p.m.
Palmiter shook his head "no" when police in the 2022 video asked him if he believed Diana Cojocari could have harmed her daughter.

12:20 p.m.
In the Dec. 15, 2022 video, Nichols, the police detective wearing the body camera and who is also testifying in court Tuesday, tells Palmiter he finds it "very concerning" that a young girl could be missing since Thanksgiving and no one knows where she is. "I'm lost for words," he says.

Palmiter said Diana was very protective of MadalinaWhen asked if Diana would hurt Madalina he appeared to say no

I cannot see Palmiter’s face but at one point he grabbed a tissue and his attorney rubbed his back in a consoling way

Palmiter said Diana Cojocari did not work. They share a joint bank account and she has a card connected to that account

Video 3 complete Prosecution asking detective questions

Detective says “My main goal was to find Madalina and hopefully finding her safe.” After about a 2hrs at the school, Detective says they then went to Madalina home to see if they could find anything

Initially Police did not have a search warrant… bc Palmiter gave detective permission to search home.

The detective did eventually get search warrants to look into cell phones and other records. Palmiter’s cell phone was seized that night, Dec 15, 2022.

Thanks for these trial updates @Unalienable Rights.
I'm undecided but still leaning toward CP being honest here, and truthfully not knowing where Madalina is.
The couch burning isn't a red flag for me, as my family used to do the same thing.
No truck, large fire pit, broken furniture problem solved.
Telling LE (before letting them into Madalina's room) they had been throwing stuff away, was a wee red flag only because it sounded like pre-splaining the possibly missing items from her room. Although it could also be completely innocent, and true.

jmo

I hope, with all my heart, that Madalina is alive and well. I'm still uneasy about the timing of the couch burning, and CP commenting about clearing out items before the search of her room also made me feel uneasy.

Trial is on lunch recess until 2:00 pm eastern time.

Let's not be manipulated into thinking a stepfather, when told by their wife she does not know where their daughter is, would be fine with that. Maybe she went to a mystery friend or was kidnapped, but there was no need to call police. I will just assume my wife knows where our child is anyway. We're not going to look for her, but we have time to burn furniture and get rid of her things.

He is talking nonsense. IMO.

Imo there's a good amount of hinkiness in CP's story.

I didn't realize CP participated in burning the couch. Burning a couch--over a couple of days' time, no less-- right around the time their child goes missing. I saw pics of the inside of the house today and it looks kind of crowded and unkempt. The two sofas that are there don't match. What was so important about that couch that they felt the need for that rather extreme disposal method, and at such a suspicious time? I've lived in suburbs most of my life and burning furniture in the backyard is something you'd get the fire department called on you for, the same as burning trash or leaves. We don't do that. I'm not saying it's not possible but I will say it's not at all typical.

They had plenty of extra bedrooms etc. where they could have stashed the couch until they got around to disposal. They could have called a charity place to come get it, put it out at the street and see if anyone comes by to take it, saw/chop it up and put it into the trunk for disposal or tie it to the top of the car, since they "don't have a truck." Call and ask if there's a big items trash pickup day coming or just pay a few bucks to have it hauled off. What they did does not seem at all a logical choice imo, even without the very suspicious timing. And, even if they were going to weirdly burn it, why not stop once it was burnt enough to toss into trash cans or tie in bundles and put out at the street for trash pickup? It seems they felt the need to do a VERY thorough burn.

CP also seems very strangely unobservant and highly uninterested in the child disappearing. Even when police arrived, he didn't ask them a thing about her!

It really does sound like the typical cliche now, with a couple of twists: "The usual cliche" is that the husband finds out wife plans to leave him, then they have a big fight and she "mysteriously disappears," and he doesn't bother reporting it but claims to have nothing to do with it. And let's not forget CP's midnight ride, out of state alone, on Thanksgiving.

Twists on the usual story:

- It's the wife's daughter, instead of the wife, who mysteriously goes missing and isn't reported, when the wife plans to leave him and they get into the proverbial fight. (To punish her for wanting to leave him?)

- The wife/child's mother won't talk.

Hmmm. MOO

Last edited:
Here's an video, with some redactions, of the detective questioning CP. It is over an hour long -- I'll wait to watch it until after the end of today's session.

Here's a YouTube link, in case the other link doesn't work for those of you who are not in the US.

Last edited:
Imo there's a good amount of hinkiness in CP's story.

I didn't realize CP participated in burning the couch. Burning a couch--over a couple of days' time, no less-- right around the time their child goes missing. I saw pics of the inside of the house today and it looks kind of crowded and unkempt. The two sofas that are there don't match. What was so important about that couch that they felt the need for that rather extreme disposal method, and at such a suspicious time? I've lived in suburbs most of my life and burning furniture in the backyard is something you'd get the fire department called on you for, the same as burning trash or leaves. We don't do that. I'm not saying it's not possible but I will say it's not at all typical.

They had plenty of extra bedrooms etc. where they could have stashed the couch until they got around to disposal. They could have called a charity place to come get it, put it out at the street and see if anyone comes by to take it, saw/chop it up and put it into the trunk for disposal or tie it to the top of the car, since they "don't have a truck." Call and ask if there's a big items trash pickup day coming or just pay a few bucks to have it hauled off. What they did does not seem at all a logical choice imo, even without the very suspicious timing. And, even if they were going to weirdly burn it, why not stop once it was burnt enough to toss into trash cans or tie in bundles and put out at the street for trash pickup? It seems they felt the need to do a VERY thorough burn.

CP also seems very strangely unobservant and highly uninterested in the child disappearing. Even when police arrived, he didn't ask them a thing about her!

It really does sound like the typical cliche now, with a couple of twists: "The usual cliche" is that the husband finds out wife plans to leave him, then they have a big fight and she "mysteriously disappears," and he doesn't bother reporting it but claims to have nothing to do with it. And let's not forget CP's midnight ride, out of state alone, on Thanksgiving.

Twists on the usual story:

- It's the wife's daughter, instead of the wife, who mysteriously goes missing and isn't reported, when the wife plans to leave him and they get into the proverbial fight. (To punish her for wanting to leave him?)

- The wife/child's mother won't talk.

Hmmm. MOO
Regarding the burning of the couch, way back the Daily Mail reported that neighbors called both 911 and the fire department due to the heavy (and toxic) smoke billowing from the foam cushions.

Two weeks later DC admitted that Madalina was missing.

For me the timing is a red flag. MOO

Regarding the burning of the couch, way back the Daily Mail reported that neighbors called both 911 and the fire department due to the heavy (and toxic) smoke billowing from the foam cushions.

Two weeks later DC admitted that Madalina was missing.

For me the timing is a red flag. MOO
I'd forgotten about that.
Okay I'll have to add that back to my red flag column in this case.

To my understanding, the defense’s line of questioning is attempting to poke holes at the timeline the state tried to set with its questioning of the detective.

For example, Defense says to detective you asked Palmiter if he asked Diana where Madalina was… but Detective never asked when Palmiter asked her that questionWhich the detective could not recall if he asked that

Detective done with his testimony

The state calls Laura Haller (FBI) who is a Digital Forensic examiner.She is not a sworn officer but a civilian employee She is talking about the process of extracting data from a cell phone

Haller shared how voicemails, photos, messages can all be extracted from phone. Several extracted voicemails and photos have been shared by the state

Emma Mondo WCCB News

@emmamondoTV
·
7m

Palmiter is emotional in court again seeing photos that were extracted from the phone. Photos included him and Diana’s wedding as well as a birthday photo of Madalina with a cake.

The state showed an Email from the school to Palmiter December 9th of 2022 about Madalina missing school. The digital report indicates that the email was opened on the 9th

The state showed Palmiter’s internet search from Dec 10th, 2022:- “what happens at truency court in NC”-
“Truncy mecklenburg North Carolina”-
“What happens in truency court”

Jesse Pierre

@JessePierre_
·
48s

This is one of the photos extracted. The photo noted to be taken in January of 2016.

1716924281107.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon
Back