NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case drives me crazy as I’m local to it. The silence is maddening. I understand it, but I wish something would happen.
I have joined you in being driven crazy by this case. My new concerns are the parents are more crime savvy and smarter than we gave them credit for.

Three solid weeks with no one looking over their shoulders is a lot of time to destroy evidence

these are possibilities in my mind and could be a mixture of more than one scenario, (and are my own thoughts):

1- murdered, abused, physically or sexually by parents
2- one part of the charges refers to “kidnap”
3- weird reference to “nothing wrong with violence“ trying to normalize violence. Did it go too far? still murder though
4- hidden because of DC’s fears
5- possible sex trade involvement
6- sold for any other purpose
7- possibly in her bio fathers care
8- strange religious beliefs, almost cult like, possibly handed over for a ritual
9- someone impregnated her and covering up. Her slim frame would certainly show quickly. Not sure she is even old enough to conceive.
10- accidental death they were afraid to report and covered up
11- natural causes that they have tried to cover up (neglect). As in did not seek proper medical help. I’m doubtful on this one. But had to put it out there. Madalina appeared relatively healthy on the bus video.
{{ I do know of someone, who’s child died of a seizure during the night. Same age and gender and appeared healthy. In this case the parents knew she was epileptic and had their girl on meds seeing a doctor regularly. Mom is a RN. No one could have predicted or prevented this child’s death. And of course they reported the death immediately }}.

Anyone have any other thoughts or potential scenarios ???
Your list reminds me of Holmesian method of deduction. Toss out all theories not supported by fact, logic and reasoning determined by circumstances. Consider only what remains.
ETA:
I admit I am stupid @BlueFish , but just thought of another option to add to the list. 12. The Christmas Pkg delivery guy took her.

Last edited:
Just curious, but do you think she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance and is just afraid to tell the truth about what really happened?
Honestly, I have no one direction I am leaning, we just don't know enough. So My thought process is usually just thinking of what how and why something could be.
Fear of LE was just something I thought of when speaking to a friend from Russia who said they would never trust LE with anything so they don't call LE even if they should. I know it is not the same place but it just triggered that thought process for me.

In the video at this link (not in the text), we learn that the deputy encountered DC on a pull off at night. The fact that it was nighttime and she was right off the highway *near (not *on Lonesome Mountain Rd.)…it makes more sense to me why the deputy stopped to check on the driver.
For some reason, I had thought the pull off was on an interstate, but this places is more likely on US 25 where it goes into the Smokies, not that close to any interstate. So apparently she was headed to the Smokies?

For some reason, I had thought the pull off was on an interstate, but this places is more likely on US 25 where it goes into the Smokies, not that close to any interstate. So apparently she was headed to the Smokies?
There has been no reporting from LE nor MSM about where she was headed and no mention of the Smokies. Maybe her destination was Madison County, then a return back home.

I wonder if there is a connection between Madison County and horseback riding?
my opinion only

There has been no reporting from LE nor MSM about where she was headed and no mention of the Smokies. Maybe her destination was Madison County, then a return back home.

I wonder if there is a connection between Madison County and horseback riding?
my opinion only
Looks like there is a few around Lonesome Mountain rd. About 5. 4 of those being off Highway 25.

I wish the search warrants were not sealed. I am extremely interested in that car trip Mom took. I think LE has tracked and verified that Chris took the trip to Michigan. Not sure what cell phone data they picked up but I did not see any call outs for information about HIS trip. But there was clear interest in HER's. I keep thinking about that plywood in the kitchen discussion with the Detectives about 'thinking about building out a seperate apartment'. Was that for the Stepfather or the Stepdaughter? And the way he told Police he asked about where M was : "are you hiding her from me?' Strange turn of phrase, IMO. The community and LE seems to be keeping quiet. I have not seen any interviews with parents of kids who might have been friends with M. This is what bothers me more than anything: the fact that neither one of them is saying Diana called Chris to say 'hey where is my daughter?' and that discussion was not had until 48 hours later when he returned. Wierd. That just goes against biological maternal instinct IMO.

Last edited:
I am extremely interested in that car trip Mom took. I think LE has tracked and verified that Chris took the trip to Michigan. Not sure what cell phone data they picked up but I did not see any call outs for information about HIS trip. But there was clear interest in HER's.
Snipped for focus

I’m hung up on her trip as well because I think it’s key to who disposed of M and when. CP’s trip (or lack thereof) is less important if LE knows that M was already gone by the time the MI (supposedly) happened. They must have evidence that CP was elsewhere while DC was in the mountains. LE just doesn’t seem all that interested in him imo.

LE's poster inquiring if anyone saw her in that area leaves the dates open-ended. But they do start with 11/22, the day after the independent Bus ride siting of M.
Exactly. No corroborated sighting since late afternoon on 11/21. LE knows when the trip took place because of the deputy encounter but are not sharing that info. Iirc, at first, we learned “a family member” may have been in Madison County. Then the poster was released and they specify they are interested in the car and DC.

It seems like they know the whodunnit and whendunnit. But they still don’t know exactly where M is. And for some reason, they don’t want to share the timeline or else they would have included a particular date on the poster. If you’re asking for the public’s help, a date is better than a large window imo.

ETA: in this scenario, the MI trip is a red herring, and as @Chelly stated, these two are more clever than we have given them credit for.

*** Christopher Palmiter said he said he believed the last time he saw Madalina was a week before his trip -- a date that fell on Nov. 16.**

**Palmiter confirmed the information that Cojocari said: He left for Michigan on Nov. 23 but didn't see Madalina the day he left. He returned home on Nov. 26 and said he asked Cojocari where Madalina was. Neither of them knew.**

Question: If CP last saw M on Nov. 16, does that mean CP had not been living in the home.?

Question: I also try to imagine the "area blocked off with plywood off the kitchen" How large was this area? It seems that the entrance to this area was the doorway from kitchen to dining room. Is this area a plywood box, or possibly a small enclosed plywood closet, or perhaps small plywood room? Did this area have a plywood door that could be locked?

Last edited:
I wish the search warrants were not sealed. I am extremely interested in that car trip Mom took. I think LE has tracked and verified that Chris took the trip to Michigan. Not sure what cell phone data they picked up but I did not see any call outs for information about HIS trip. But there was clear interest in HER's. I keep thinking about that plywood in the kitchen discussion with the Detectives about 'thinking about building out a seperate apartment'. Was that for the Stepfather or the Stepdaughter? And the way he told Police he asked about where M was : "are you hiding her from me?' Strange turn of phrase, IMO. The community and LE seems to be keeping quiet. I have not seen any interviews with parents of kids who might have been friends with M. This is what bothers me more than anything: the fact that neither one of them is saying Diana called Chris to say 'hey where is my daughter?' and that discussion was not had until 48 hours later when he returned. Wierd. That just goes against biological maternal instinct IMO.
I wonder if they had planned on renting out the other apt. They had I think it was a 3 bd house but there is only 3 of them. So why the other apt needed? Maybe more of an office space? I know a few people who got one of those tough sheds built in their yards when everything went remote. If he had a business he was running out of the home maybe he needed like an office space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17