NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe DC took her daughter and hid her from CP. Something damaging was either going on with MC (or about to start) initiated by CP. Perhaps SA. And DC took her daughter and put her in a safe place.
I think CP's quick trip to MI was to look for MC after he demanded to know where the girl was; perhaps DC told him that's where she sent her daughter to put him off track. And is why he asked her was she hiding MC from him. Because MC would be able to tell what he had done or was going to do. I think that plywood room was going to be for MC, and with no outsiders ever visiting, who would know about it other than DC? DC as a mother might choose to hide her daughter from her husband and be jailed rather than reveal what happened and give CP a chance to go after her if he made bail and she did not or could not. With her daughter safe, she doesn't have to say a thing.
Moo
It would be wonderful if you were right. :)

I believe DC took her daughter and hid her from CP. Something damaging was either going on with MC (or about to start) initiated by CP. Perhaps SA. And DC took her daughter and put her in a safe place.
I think CP's quick trip to MI was to look for MC after he demanded to know where the girl was; perhaps DC told him that's where she sent her daughter to put him off track. And is why he asked her was she hiding MC from him. Because MC would be able to tell what he had done or was going to do. I think that plywood room was going to be for MC, and with no outsiders ever visiting, who would know about it other than DC? DC as a mother might choose to hide her daughter from her husband and be jailed rather than reveal what happened and give CP a chance to go after her if he made bail and she did not or could not. With her daughter safe, she doesn't have to say a thing.
Moo

I think myself and many others would love for this to be how it shakes out. I don't think it's what happened but I truly hope you're right.

Moo

It would be great if that is what has happened to MC but I still think that both parents are involved IMO.
I always come back to burning items in the garden, which to me proves - burning evidence again IMO.

I don't understand this logic. CP's family was in Michigan. That's why he went there. DC didn't have time to hide MC somewhere that far. I'm really not sure that CP knew Madalina was missing until he returned home from that trip.

I don't think DC is protecting her daughter. I think she wanted Madalina gone. I think she hurt Madalina. Maybe CP didn't want to be involved so he went out of town while DC cleaned up her own crime. Maybe he wanted no part of it so it was a don't, don't tell situation.

IMO, they're going to get off unless one of them starts talking. Hope they don't come back to Cornelius. They will not be welcomed

I don't understand this logic. CP's family was in Michigan. That's why he went there. DC didn't have time to hide MC somewhere that far. I'm really not sure that CP knew Madalina was missing until he returned home from that trip.

I don't think DC is protecting her daughter. I think she wanted Madalina gone. I think she hurt Madalina. Maybe CP didn't want to be involved so he went out of town while DC cleaned up her own crime. Maybe he wanted no part of it so it was a don't, don't tell situation.

IMO, they're going to get off unless one of them starts talking. Hope they don't come back to Cornelius. They will not be welcomed
This is what I am believing at this point. Something is up with Mom. I think he came back from Michigan and said 'where's M?" The Police have his cell phone and undoubtedly have tracked his whole trip. LE was actively seeking more information about HER trip. IMO

But what would be DC's reason for wanting her daughter gone? For killing her? I don't see her choosing her husband over her daughter.
Also, we don't know why CP went to Michigan. We don't have cell data to support this. Nor corroboration from witnesses (at least not publicly).
The plywood partition and the multi-day burn pit activity are mysteries I hope learn more about.
Moo

But what would be DC's reason for wanting her daughter gone? For killing her? I don't see her choosing her husband over her daughter.
Also, we don't know why CP went to Michigan. We don't have cell data to support this. Nor corroboration from witnesses (at least not publicly).
The plywood partition and the multi-day burn pit activity are mysteries I hope learn more about.
Moo
I don't believe DC or CP decided in advance that they wanted Madalina gone.
I think one or both parents believed in physical punishment, i.e., hitting (corporal punishment). One or both may have been disciplining Madalina and she died as a result. my opinion only.

Moo
Either way, she has chosen her husband over her daughter. Even if she had nothing to do with M's disappearance, she did not report her disappearance and she has not been open or helpful in answering LE"s questions. This is a woman who married an American after only one in-person meeting. I think she desperately wanted to be married. If she was choosing her daughter, she would have called her husband immediately to say 'where is my child' and gone to the authorities. And I agree with you- not much info coming to us at all and what the heck were they burning. I can guess but eager for information.

IMO I feel the plywood "apartment" possibly had to do with financial difficulties. Maybe they (or CP only) thought they could create an actual separate space to rent to a tenant?
I believe there is a discussion on this upthread. I thought constructing rental apartments within single family homes in their community is prohibited by building codes and HOA codes. If that is the case, CP likely knew that. All my opinion as I don't know the actual building laws. Still wondering about that separate plywood space though,
my opinion only

I believe there is a discussion on this upthread. I thought constructing rental apartments within single family homes in their community is prohibited by building codes and HOA codes. If that is the case, CP likely knew that. All my opinion as I don't know the actual building laws. Still wondering about that separate plywood space though,
my opinion only
It is bizarre, and I'm having trouble with this as well. If it is a plywood space in the kitchen itself, then it cannot be very large. Or did this plywood serve to segregate parts of the house? Certainly, as has been said, converting the house into two separate living areas would have prohibited. I just don't know how large this space was, and what the purpose of it was.

Moo
I have wondered the same….if perhaps DC has hidden her daughter from CP for whatever reason. However, the burning of items in the back yard by both DC and CD is really nefarious imo. And, counteracts my thoughts of DC hiding M.

IMO I feel the plywood "apartment" possibly had to do with financial difficulties. Maybe they (or CP only) thought they could create an actual separate space to rent to a tenant?
There was a post upthread with photos of their home's interior (real estate listing?). It's almost identical to my own home - older suburban four bedroom with the standard small formal dining room off the kitchen. Our kitchen looks to be laid out like theirs as well - and certainly not large enough for a big dog kennel much less an entire 'apartment' or anyone's living space. My home office is in our 'dining room'; I couldn't put my work desk in the kitchen if we wanted to fix dinner or eat at the table. So I think CP's explanation is completely bogus and he threw out whatever he thought LE might believe. I agree with someone upthread that the LE eyerolling would have been epic.

When you have a missing child + a weird piece of plywood in your kitchen + days of burning furniture and other items in your backyard, what does that add up to? Occam's Razor, our favorite theory grooming device, suggests that the parents killed her or are co-conspirators at minimum. BUT! I want to believe. Just like Mulder on the X-Files - I want to believe that DC came to know that she had made a 'bad deal' marrying CP perhaps via domestic violence and when he cast his eye toward MC, she spirited her away while CP was 'in Michigan'. And has been lying to protect her ever since. Of course it's possible that CP is the good guy and DC the bad guy but I have to go with my gut feelings.
M00

I have wondered the same….if perhaps DC has hidden her daughter from CP for whatever reason. However, the burning of items in the back yard by both DC and CD is really nefarious imo. And, counteracts my thoughts of DC hiding M.
I'd love to know how a loving mother goes about safely hiding an 11-year old (alive) child for over two months without anyone finding out about the child.

I'd love to know how a loving mother goes about safely hiding an 11-year old (alive) child for over two months without anyone finding out about the child.
Hypothetically speaking if my BFF asked me to hide her child from imminent danger I’d do it in a heartbeat. Want to know why I’m so confident I’d do it? I offered when her adopted child’s birth parents had a change of heart after 10 years.

I don’t have a solid theory in this case but I can see a mom hiding her child away from danger or what she perceived as danger.

Hypothetically speaking if my BFF asked me to hide her child from imminent danger I’d do it in a heartbeat. Want to know why I’m so confident I’d do it? I offered when her adopted child’s birth parents had a change of heart after 10 years.

I don’t have a solid theory in this case but I can see a mom hiding her child away from danger or what she perceived as danger.
If you hid your BFF child, you might be held complicit for the crime of kidnapping. In any case, you would be breaking a law by keeping the child hidden. You would be obligated to report this to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth