Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by hollye, Sep 22, 2018.

1. FrostOwl

FrostOwl -

If Maddox had been on some kind of medication for autism (or if his parents said he had been given some other kind of medication, for example a pain medicine), a toxicology report would most likely be able to show if he had been given the medicine at a correct time, or if it had been missed. There are medications that needs to be given with regular intervals to be effective.

2. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

Excellent post and very well written

3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

Thank you. :)

I do hope we find out what happened to Maddox soon. :(

4. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I can only assume that the standard drug panel is probably mandatory in suspicious deaths.

If the child was on the medications, the levels of them in blood would be probably tested, although in this case, we don't even know when Maddox died. If he got lost and lived for several days, low levels of all, if any, therapeutic medications should be expected.

As to why test a 6-year-old for street drugs, I can think of two situations, a) second-hand exposure to some that are smoked (marijuana, meth, heroin),
    or
    b) given the number of marijuana enthusiasts actively advising to give marijuana to kids with seizures, I'd be definitely testing for THC in such cases.MOO

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  5. Charlot123

Yes, but we don't know when he died. If he lived for a few days after disappearance, then the levels would be low to none.

However, if Maddox was on some medications needed to be given regularly, and we know that the father gave them to him in the morning, the levels in blood could help in establishing the time of the death.

6. Charlot123

I just wanted to add - this case attracted so much attention, could some tests even be done outside of the state, by the best experts, to be sure? This could explain more time needed.

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

That's possible, since the FBI is involved. The FBI also tends to release very little info or not release anything until they have a solid conclusion. JMO.

8. heartgoesout

heartgoesout Well-Known Member

If toxicology plays a big part of this investigation, I think it is very possible Maddox accidentally ingested street drugs. If drugs are the cause of death there would be no water in the lungs from drowning to be the COD.

9. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>
    In the accompanying video to the following article the reporter said that in dad's early interview he said it was his and Maddox' first time at Rankin Lake Park. I also remember the same in Ian's interview with reporter David Begnaud but haven't been able to find anything in msm about dad now saying it was his second time <modsnip - not from an allowed source>.
    Father of Maddox Ritch defends himself on social media
    <modsnip - discussing SM comments> I also noticed that all 3 remaining GFMs (one was shut down early on) named Maddox' mom as the recipient (no mention of dad) and there was also an article on a local restaurant donating 10% of it's Saturday dinner service to her. The headline said family but but the body said mom.
    MADDOX RITCH: Cornelius restaurant donates 10 percent of sales to help family of 6-year-old Maddox Ritch

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2018
  10. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

Presumably, folks can bring picnic baskets, etc. into the park. Are there also food/beverage concessions within the park? If so, where are they located?

11. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

https://www.cityofgastonia.com/images/files/parks_recreation/documents/RankinLakeMap.pdf

This park map was posted early in the discussion. I don't see any type of food/beverage concessions within the park. I was wondering if Maddox's dad had asked his son to wait somewhere while he got them a snack or something to drink. Perhaps Maddox became impatient and ran off while his dad was standing in line. 2:30 in the afternoon seems like a good time for a snack or beverage if they had lunch around noon. Perhaps someone local who has been to Rankin Lake Park or is familiar with it can let us know whether or not there are kiosks for soda, ice cream, popcorn, etc.

12. pinkfly

pinkfly Well-Known Member

Bumping little Maddox back up.....really hoping to see full toxicology/autopsy reports soon....or at least a solid COD.

13. LietKynes

LietKynes "Law is the ultimate science."- Liet Kynes

Agreed.
    All we have at this time is the 'official' version of events... which I'm thinking to LE is only 'best guess'.
    Unverified sightings and very little in the form of a timeline from when Maddox entered the park, to when he went missing.
    Very frustrating.

14. Northern

Northern Active Member

15. heartgoesout

"Unverified Sightings."
    This may be may new favorite way to phrase something to not get deleted.

16. leyash

leyash Well-Known Member

Makes me really sad that nothing has come of this yet. :/ I just don't know what to think.

17. Laura456

Laura456 Well-Known Member

They should release information either way within the next few months. It is concerning, I agree

18. steff13

steff13 Well-Known Member

It seems strange that they wouldn't have already confirmed the COD if it was simple drowning. I suppose time will tell .

19. heartgoesout

One thing I learned from following Charli Scott's murder is that people hear a story of what someone says happened and they stick with that. It's hard for the brain to step outside of that story because that's what the brain "remembers" to be true even if it is completely false.
    Charli's ex boyfriend story was such. When we all took a step back from what he said and instead looked at the facts and created a factual story, it became very clear the story was a lie. That was hard to do because we all kept going back thinking simply off of his story. A story that was false. He also told the news he knew he was the number one suspect while she was still just a missing person. hmmm

The timeline in Maddox's story does not make sense. If you really pay attention and sort through the information at hand it simply could not have happened the way the story goes. I am confident there will be an arrest.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  20. Laura456

Laura456 Well-Known Member

What exactly could not have happened as said?
    Little boy takes off because he is autistic, father and friend cannot catch him, he wanders until he ends up drowning. Sad, but plausible, no?

MsFacetious, IowaMom4, mks762 and 2 others like this.