Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018 #3

Heartbreaking. I feel sick, thinking of the searchers who won't be able to forget what they saw, and beautiful Maddox's family and friends. He touched so many lives. I wish his family could know how far and wide people were rooting for Maddox and caring.

Especially his mom.
She looked broken at the pressers and at the funeral ! :(

When my daughter was 4 I was looking through a shelf of alarm clocks at Walmart debating between two and when I looked back she was gone. I found the nearest employee and a code Adam was put out. Thankfully it was canceled minutes later when she came out of the bathroom (right next to the alarm clocks) perfectly fine staying she had to pee and I looked busy. Kids are fast and it truly only takes a moment.

When my daughter was 4 I was looking through a shelf of alarm clocks at Walmart debating between two and when I looked back she was gone. I found the nearest employee and a code Adam was put out. Thankfully it was canceled minutes later when she came out of the bathroom (right next to the alarm clocks) perfectly fine staying she had to pee and I looked busy. Kids are fast and it truly only takes a moment.

Absolutely. It only takes a couple of seconds of inattentiveness and that kid can vanish. Parents are only human, and can't keep their eyes glued to their children 24/7. My mum was a brilliant mother, but once got so distracted by a book she was reading that she didn't notice me wander off - and hadn't even noticed I was gone by the time a security guard brought me back!

It isn't anyone's fault. Kids are very fast. Parents are human. This poor man already feels guilty enough. It can happen to anyone.

Its a shame there were people on this board that continually wanted to blame the dad.
Respectfully --- No one is blaming the dad on this board.
LE have stated it was drowning and animal predation.

Websleuther's have continually given him the benefit of the doubt. Much more so than on some other sites including but not limited to mainstream media -- to whom different accounts were given (by the person who was responsible for Maddox) and duly noted.
But differing opinions are always welcome.

I still hold dad 100% responsible.
BBM

Agreed. And saying someone is responsible doesn't mean the same as 'blame'. Maddox was not harmed/murdered.
Neglect can be just as bad as outright abandonment.

Several years ago my friend and her husband were on vacay and noticed 3 young kids left to play on their own at a park for close to 20 min. When asked if their parents were there somewhere (it was a large park) , they answered that their babysitter was with them, but that she'd gone to get them some treats.
My friends were about to call the authorities when the sitter showed up. She had nothing with her to indicate she'd stopped at a convenience store. No treats. nothing.
20 minutes is too long. Imo.

Its a shame there were people on this board that continually wanted to blame the dad.

I agree. And to blame him, is wrong in my opinion as well. How many people on this board with kids can honestly say they've NEVER lost their child, or lost them from their sights??????? Nobody is perfect. Maddox was NOT neglected. I truly believe in my heart that what Maddox's dad said is what happened. My friend and I are guilty of becoming so engrossed in a conversation that her two and three year olds have both ran out of sight. Kids are very quick. Especially ones with autism. This father is beating himself up, I'm sure, every day because Maddox was in his care when he disappeared. People blaming him, doesn't help. How would you feel if you were in this same situation, and saw people saying that you were to blame for your child's death for a simple ACCIDENT?? NOBODY IS PERFECT. I'm not trying to be snarky, or rude. But some people need to just back off.

Always good to get different opinions , but respectfully no one here needs to "back off" , and posters here at WS haven't blamed Maddox' dad for anything. Although a few on sm have posted their own theories .
Your theory is welcome as well.

This thread has been respectful and the purpose of WS is to sleuth and investigate.
This is a good forum for investigating all possible options.
But I digress.
And there are other cases to read about.

<modsnip - not victim friendly> poor Maddox is gone and it is very sad and we should all be more careful and aware, which is always true really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad the case is closed. Poor little Maddox.

I wish peace to his parents. His dad said he'd never have another child. I hope his emotional burden might become lighter, with time.

To the mother, who said Maddox was her sole purpose for existence, I hope she'll eventually find peace and her sadness won't crush her.

Good that the blaming has stopped. People have to be very careful with the families who lost their beloved ones,, especially around holidays and anniversaries of the tragic events.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back