Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

Did I see somewhere in this thread that mum is in hospital? Maybe I’ve imagined it.

2. MBK

MBK Member

How true. Might be considered a lifestyle thing. Probably most ladies on here can't rouse their hubbies from the Barcalounger/ La-Z-Boy in front of the TV on Sunday nights! They have to GO TO WORK in the morning, so they're not so active running around committing felonies and worse. We cannot wrap our minds around the way some people think and lead their lives in utter destructive chaos.

3. Napoli

Napoli Member

I'm still struck by the timing of the arrest. 2am? All the LE on this case, it should have been easy to watch him until morning. I think its significant when taken with the timeline that's been announced. A little nod from LE that THEY know what he did- or a psych tweak to someone else involved.... jmho. Of course, they could have simply responded the minute they had confirmation and could, or caught him moving around and were worried he'd flee.[/QUOTE]

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Where was mom when boyfriend was arrested?

4. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

What strikes me is all that is completely irrelevant and is absolutely no help in finding a missing child. How tall was she? How much did she weigh? Is there anything distinctive about her that might help find or identify her? Is she afraid of the dark? Likely to hide in small spaces, or claustrophobic?

Sounds almost like she's trying to convince someone...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

5. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

We have no trespassing signs, it's visible, but shouldn't have to have them. smh We have a 100 year old farm house that we have used as storage, along with a barn, on the farm. Nearly everything in the barn, and in the house, along with a car, have been thieved. Idk about the owners of this place, but, especially in rural areas, some owners especially the elderly, will just hire someone to come in and bush-hog a couple times a year and that's it. Tack a no trespassing sign up and be done. Places like these are not considered attractive nuisances (I think is what the term is called). I believe, had he broke his leg falling through the floor, while stealing a dresser, he'd been sol. However, IANAL.

6. yupikgirl

yupikgirl Well-Known Member

In the past statement analysis hasn’t been allowed on websleuths - maybe that has changed.

This thread is really hard to follow lots of opinions being stated as fact. anyway I hope if anyone else is involved they are held responsible. I also hope the boys are placed in an environment where they can heal from this tragedy. IMO none of the adults in their immediate family are equipped at this time- I hope that changes for their sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rsd1200

"Goes by the name of" is a common phrase in Ky. too, and she has Ky. family, although I'm unsure where she's from, so it may be common speak in NC too.

8. Wyle_E_Coyote

BBM

Staying with family? At a hotel? Going out to dinner?

9. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Can't get Mariah out of my head and random thoughts keep popping up.

-Why would they put a time frame around when he stole the dressers? And how did they come up with that timeframe since the house he stole them from was abandoned? Was somebody with him when he stole them? Did somebody see him come and go?

-What does this timeframe have to do with hiding poor little Mariah's body? Does the timeframe even have anything to do with her? They could be two totally separate incidents.

10. lonetraveler

lonetraveler Crime Addict

Did he actually use the word "female" relative? I thought he used family member.

11. rsd1200

I'm wondering that too. Searched the property and found the dressers, and may have thought nothing of them. The folks who owned the property that the dressers were at, may have searched that home, in looking for her, and discovered them missing, and reported it, at that time too. So, they then held onto that reason to hold him, until the time came that they wanted to use it. Long shot, but possible.

12. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

I think the timeframe absolutely has to do with her, likely when he disposed of her. IMO, this window is coming from witnesses who can or cannot vouch for EK's whereabouts. KH said she checked on Mariah at 11:00 so she would have known if EK was there when she went to bed. The time he returned from stealing the dressers, disposing of Mariah and who knows what else could be substantiated by either KW or a neighbor (MOO).

13. MBK

MBK Member

I think we all agree she'd have to be out of her mind to be in the same trailer as the BF.

14. AgeofAquaruis

AgeofAquaruis Well-Known Member

WTH is up only $1 a minute?

15. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

He said family member, but then referred to that person with a female pronoun, iirc.

16. Wyle_E_Coyote

Some verbiage is just so obviously off that it just screams out at you. No statement analysis needed. "She's an angel" "love her to death"

17. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

Referenced female by saying they wanted to return Mariah back to "HER"

18. Normancita

Normancita Well-Known Member

Marking my spot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. rsd1200

BBM
    Same.

20. Wyle_E_Coyote

Are they still in the trailer? I had the impression that police had it cordoned off as a crime scene?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.