Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

No need to. They could just meet on the street. It's a rural area. Don't really need to hide the transaction because there is no one around to see.

2. steve temple

steve temple Member

Maybe bf gave her some drugs to get her to sleep and then went off to steal the dressers for the home. To make the home a better place.
    It could have been an accident.
    Still incredibly sad but maybe not deliberate.

3. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

visit her at the creek where she was discarded like trash?

4. bbbd4u

bbbd4u Verified SAR/Emergency Management

You cannot through accusations around like this unless MSM lists her as a suspect which they have NOT!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Hi guys, I'm so behind, did you guys figure out the deal with the dressers yet, etc.? Tia. Has COD come back yet? When is Mariah's service? What's the latest if someone can please be so kind to provide a Cliff's Notes update! Please and thank you.)

6. kat913

kat913 Well-Known Member

Then he had typical visitation and custody, I would believe...last I will say because he is a victim as well.

7. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

It may also be considered a crime scene, and she might have been told to seek another place to stay (possibly given a voucher if she couldn't afford one, just a guess based on the Rhoden trailers). Idk about her going out to dinner, but, in times of crisis, I've met a friend at a local restaurant. One, and sometimes both, of us needed to be out of our homes, or we'd have gone stir crazy. The first thing my mother thinks you should do, in a crisis, is sit at the table, and eat something, and then curl up on her couch, and cry if you need to do so, and sleep (I see no use in the latter three, but getting outside of your home, and the simple act of eating and talking with a close friend, or your family member, can help you to maintain your sanity).

8. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Glad your back. No info on anything yet. Court appearance tomorrow so i suspect we will learn more then.

9. MBK

MBK Member

Jury's still out on the dressers - - completely coincidental, random pilfering . . well-meaning attempt at interior decorating . . . pathetic attempt at a plausible alibi . . .

10. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

We're all pretty much just arguing about what the meaning of "is" is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11. margarita25

(Thank you Bravo. Great to see you as always! :wave: )

12. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

Snipped from previous comment:
    "The notion of adding in an element of a large unwieldy piece of furniture to a crime directly related to murder makes no sense to me. If you need to dispose of something, you grab a bag, not a dresser. "

If he had been out "ransacking" and stole the dressers at say, 11pm., returned home and woke up little Mariah who began fussing (he may have taken his frustrations out on her). He may have placed her body in one of the dressers and hauled the dressers (one containing with her body) out to where he dumped her. He then returned home. LE found evidence she had been in one of the dressers and proceeded to tie him to the dressers in order to arrest him and keep him from fleeing "until" they could PROVE he was responsible for her disappearance and ultimate murder when they found her body.

In other words, he may have stolen the dressers earlier, came home, Mariah was up and awake (the first story said he told her to go back to bed at midnight), she refused and was fussy which he feared might awaken her Mom. He attempted to "quieten" her and killed her in the process. The dressers were already there in his van/truck. Dogs may have picked up her scent in those dressers...and the rest is sadly, history. JMO.

It's hard to believe anyone could have moved around in that trailer (in and out twice), without waking up Mom. Unless, someone tried to keep everyone quiet, including little Mariah?

13. margarita25

( Bahahahahaha )

(Eta: sorry this is a very awful situation at hand and there is nothing funny about the murder of a child, but this made me giggle)

14. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

What is your theory on why he was there?

Mine is simply that as an HVAC tech, he had come across the house and saw an opportunity for theft, but I'm not ruling out opportunity for drugs as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15. therion20

therion20 Well-Known Member

#MariahWoods on Twitter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

16. kat913

kat913 Well-Known Member

Beautifuly written dsdebow! Thank you!!

17. roche.analisa

roche.analisa North Texas

LOL,I was so confused for a moment, imagining him actually tied with a rope to a dresser.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. margarita25

The various thoughts and theories on the dressers have really been brilliant. So many different ideas.

19. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Going back to my earlier post, I think the stolen dressers may have broken EK's alibi. I inferred (perhaps wrongly!) from the first information provided by the family and LE that EK and KW were home all night. They last saw Mariah at 11pm, and then 12am, and then discovered her missing at 6:45am. I (again, perhaps wrongly) inferred that meant everyone was home sleeping and she was snatched from her bed in the night.

If that was their story, finding EK broke into an abandoned house (burglary) and stole dressers (larceny) during that time would break his alibi. Confronting him with that information may have led him to lie more, or start talking, etc.

So I don't think burglary was his intentional alibi, I think it might be the first inconsistency in his story of what happened that night.

20. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

Answers all in the negative, AFAIK.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.