Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kat913

kat913 Well-Known Member

I know numbeness can make you appear blank, unfeeling, detached, .....because that's what you are! Numb!! You are in your own disbelief...please don't judge mom anyway yet...she probably is in the hospital!

2. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Onslow County Sheriff's Office
    18 hrs · Cyrus, NC ·

News Release:
    The Onslow County Sheriff's Office announces the human remains of a child strongly believed to be that of Mariah Woods was located during a concentrated search effort in Shelter Creek along Shaw Highway in Pender County tonight. An autopsy will be conducted by the medical examiner's office to determine cause of death and absolute verification of identity.

This investigation is still ongoing.

3. Princessyououghta

Princessyououghta New Member

I don't know much about Paitin Fields case but the similarities that I do know are baffling. Mariah's dump site was located in between the 2 homes where both children we missing? Both last seen in their homes (mobile homes) in the middle of the night? Both very young girls close to the same age? Hard to find any more info on Paitin's case which is infuriating. Is anyone else bothered with these details? How are they so closely related? Is there just a big dose of evil hanging out in that area?
    I would post the map marking everything but not sure how to do that. New here and this is my first post.👋

4. Busylady

Busylady Well-Known Member

I have very mixed emotions and I am trying very very hard to just focus on facts instead of emotion and it is not easy. If facts come out later that prove she was involved or helped to cover up anything than I will be the first to say she needs to be charged and held accountable, but until then I have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

5. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

I wouldn't think so. Typically, drawers aren't fit so tight that there wouldn't be gaps. Maybe in a really well built dresser. Probably not in a nasty old cheap banged up dresser in a house that's been abandoned for years, that no one thought was worth taking in all that time until the night Mariah disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Kindness matters - always

By experts, I suppose. Someone else said that statement analysis wasn't allowed on WS? I don't know if they are right or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

7. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

I have a theory about the dressers and it's because of something I remembered about Sherin's case, otherwise I wouldn't have considered it. The first charges filed in Sherin's case were against her adoptive father for leaving her out by a tree, a long way from the house, in the dark of night to punish her. But it didn't happen, it was the story he gave them and they used it to charge him.

The house where the dressers were stolen was long abandoned and in bad shape. The kind of place where people would go to hang out and do what they couldn't do at home. I wouldn't be surprised if EK had been there before and stole the dressers at another time, maybe recently. If LE told him they have a witness who saw him coming out of the house in the middle of the night, he might've claimed to have stolen the dressers at that time and he could prove it by showing them the dressers. LE checks with the owner of the abandoned home and confirmed the dressers were in the home before.

Or... he stole them that night and we'll all be surprised at his reason for stealing them.

8. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

For real sister. It has been a really intense 5 days, everyone has really come together for this precious little girl, Mariah.

(Eta: I finally bathed, Dear God I stunk...fish oil and BO...)

9. Wyle_E_Coyote

FBI trains their agents in it. They call it some other acronym, don't remember what. Like profiling, it's a tool. Plenty of profiles are wrong, it's just one tool out of many.

10. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Not me. She was this child's mother and protector and this happened on HER watch. Sorry no pass from me.

11. VaBorn

VaBorn Well-Known Member

Ooohhh, can you tell us more about the scanner ball things & any other tech you know was used in this case? Thanks!

12. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

I was trying to get the focus by LE on the dresser. My thought was that DNA was found of Mariah in the dresser and they knew that EK had stolen the dressers.
    Or they had found the prints of EK in the vacant building where the dressers had been taken as well as evidence that Mariah had also been in the vacant home.
    Or it could be LE was throwing everything they had at EK until Mariah was found. IMO

13. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

The abandoned house is right around the corner from where they lived. KW regularly sold things online, even small things like a single cd for $1, to earn money. I think he just went over to see what he could find to possibly make a few bucks of off. (The dressers were found in his shed.)

Both EK and KW are unemployed. They have probably been scalvaging things to sell for a while. Steal a little here, beg a little there, remake, reuse, recycle, revamp... it's a way of life for some.

14. watcher9

watcher9 Well-Known Member

Hoping for answers with the autopsy results.

15. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

just curious, but do you have first hand knowledge of the employment situation and how live in sold items and such?

16. Wyle_E_Coyote

So... he was going to chalk paint them, call them shabby chic, and sell them on eBay?

17. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Thanks...pondering...)

18. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

do we know who owned the abandoned house? have seen a name thrown about but wondered if theres a reliable source

19. zelmajane

zelmajane Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Being local to the area and having followed both cases. I do not think they are related. I don't think Paitin was ever "missing."

20. VaBorn

VaBorn Well-Known Member

Do we know Mom & Mariah were absent from Thanksgiving or is it simply an assumption because they are absent in a photo? I know I've had to skip pages on these threads several times to keep up and possibly missed something. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.