Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgiajean

georgiajean Well-Known Member

Many families use nicknames. Mariah's brother goes by a nick name that is a repetition of part of his name (from social media). So it may have been her way to communicate that she went by the name on her birth certificate, not "Riah" or "Ri-Ri" or "Mary."

2. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

The owner of the abandoned house lives in Alaska, so this may be an inherited property that was never cleaned out and is truly abandoned. Source is the Onslow public records database, but I'm not going to link to protect the owner's privacy.

3. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

If it weren't related I don't think they would have bothered with it. This will serve to prove later he possessed the dressers that were used in commission of a crime. when looking for a missing child, they don't stop to worry about stolen dressers if they aren't related.

4. Canaille

Canaille Well-Known Member

Just one of many thoughts I've had concerning the dressers. Maybe they don't have anything to do with the murder.

Assuming timelines are accurate, he told Mariah to go back to bed around 11. Maybe it was around that time he was leaving to steal the dressers. Maybe he made two trips to take them. Then when he returns home, he finds that Mariah is still awake and in his way. He's agitated and strikes her, resulting in her death. So now the focus becomes one disposing of the body and the dressers are on a back burner and placed in the shed since there are now other things to worry about.

5. Napoli

Napoli Member

OFF TOPIC Can someone please tell me twhat the red triangle on the left hand corner of every post means? TIA

6. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

The red triangle means "flag moderator"...so anytime there's a problem, just hit that button! And our magical mods will appear with a whip! (If they haven't already handled the situation...they're fast.)

7. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

report post.

8. moonlessnight

"goes by the name" sounds like someone who has chosen to go by a name other than their own. I would never use that phrase in reference to my daughter or her name. now, if she knew she was dead, it might be hard to say "her name IS". "goes by" might be a distancing technique.

9. Oregonmama

Oregonmama Well-Known Member

It alerts the moderators about the post, if someone clicks on it

10. kat913

kat913 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mica...but no not that!!

11. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

Mariah may not have died immediately after her injuries. There are many cases where a child was injured but didn't receive medical attention and died 2 or 3 days after the injury. In almost all of those cases, there was reported abuse before so the parent was more afraid of getting in trouble and losing their child, than their child suffering and dying slowly :(

12. georgiajean

Looking at the aerial map of the area,
    Is it possible they (the family) had a trail through the woods from the trailer to that abandoned house? And that EK used that trail to move the dressers, using a furniture dolly/cart?

Is it possible that the kids explored that woods, and liked to explore that house?

13. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

Or it could just be one more charge to tack on to make sure he's not going anywhere until the autopsy is done and he can be charged with first degree murder.

14. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Totally agree!

15. moonlessnight

I agree with this totally.

16. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Ok, no problem.

17. georgiajean

I was able to watch a number of videos on social media. In one, one of Mariah's brothers, at about 2 years, walks a couple of steps, then spins around and falls, landing on his bum. He then sat there.
    I remembered reading that the two brothers had the same thing as Mariah, and that they wore braces, and grew out of it. So assuming that Mariah also would have grown out of it?

And as an aside, I mourn for those brothers, after seeing the life they lived before their parents separated.

18. moonlessnight

I assume they found evidence of Mariah in/on the dressers.

19. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

Somehow the FBI agent knew Mariah was already deceased when the 911 call was made by the mother.

20. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I think they're referring to the warrant which says wtte she was moved from the place she died.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.