Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SissySue

SissySue New Member

First time posting... (nervous). I’ve followed several cases on WS. This case has shaken me to the core. In the beginning it was mentioned the BF and Mom were using Meth. I’ve witnessed first hand what Meth does to a person. I’ve tried to save several addicts in my lifetime. Meth is by far the most evil of all, IMO. Ten years ago my niece,16 months old, was abused by her mother’s BF. Her mother dropped her off at my house shortly after the incident. After an hour of trying to calm her and give her a bath, i found her back side bruised from her shoulder blades to her bottom. Her mother told the detective she left my niece with her BF while she went to purchase meth and she “slipped down the steps” while she was gone. That was the most challenging part of my life. To this day I do not have children of my own. I’ve devoted my life to my niece and nephew and thank God everyday for both of them. If only I could’ve saved sweet Mariah. RIP baby girl knowing you’re loved by many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Bless your heart!!

3. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

if they were located in the shed behind the mobile home, then they weren't submerged with her body.
    were they used for transport in case he was pulled over on the way to the river? why 2?

4. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Normal people would still call for help in that scenario.

5. FindHG

FindHG *

6. Fairy1

Fairy1 VOTE!!!

Poor little sweetheart. RIP Mariah.

7. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

:welcome4:
    So glad to have you here with us SissySue and that your niece and nephew have you.

8. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

Margarita25, the little girl was Semaj Crosby in Illinois. I followed that case too, it was truly awful. Sorry if this has been answered for you, I am almost 2 threads behind now:blushing:

9. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

Sadly, I think sweet Mariah was already gone when the dressers were stolen. With other children in the house, if something had happened to Mariah earlier in the day, time could be bought saying she was napping or not feeling well. After the boys were asleep, cleanup and coverup could take place. MOO

10. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Yes, it sounds like it should be merely a formality as to identification, but they do need to show that this child's death was not natural. Certainly this couldn't have been natural since her body was hidden, etc., but LE and the prosecutor need a for-sure cause of death for a Grand Jury to issue an indictment for a murder charge.
    The Medical Examiner must identify that the body is hers (in this case, it's essentially a formality, IMO); then the ME must determine manner of death, i.e., natural, accidental, suicide, homicide, & undetermined; or pending (this is temporary).

Then ME must decide cause of death, i.e., cardiac infarction, heroin overdose, blunt force trauma to the head, drowning, etc., etc.

11. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I once had a neighbour who would steal anything, because she could. She didn't need the things she stole, she just stole them because they were there and she could.
    She had a moving sale when she was moving out of the neighbourhood and all the neighbours saw their possessions for sale for cents.

12. ECPir8

ECPir8 New Member

Rest In Peace Mariah

13. Wishbone

Wishbone Active Member

Actually Child Neglect includes the failure of a parent to provide safe living conditions. Allowing another to abuse your child is not a safe living condition.

14. Knox

Knox Wear Pink & Eat Cake ~ Lauren Giddings

15. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Agreed. I'm not treating it as a fact. Thus far what I see is reports that two adults liked to engage in horrible fights with one another in the presence of three small children.

16. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Well-Known Member

Hmmm... does this hold true when the mom is a willing participant?

Not saying Mariah's mom participated, but we see many, many cases here where that is the case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

17. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

IMO, it's because no COD has been determined yet.
    Until we know how Mariah died, EK won't be charged with murder.

IMO

18. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

I am so glad that she has been found and that justice can be meted out. I had a sick worry that this might be like some of our other cases where the little one is never located. It’s much harder to prosecute murder without a body....I’m curious as to what updated charges may be down the line. The fact that the they said he moved her body after knowing her death was unnatural is interesting to me. I hope that once the ME finds the COD etc they change that tune to something more severe in terms of charges. At this time with that wording it makes it sound like she perhaps was neglected etc. and died and he tried to cover it up - which I don’t believe for one second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

No. Abuse of children is not domestic violence against the MOTHER by definition. Legally, by definition, it is domestic violence against the kids.

Remember, this lady had super easy options to keep her kids safe and there is not one suggestion that she was being held hostage or threatened or anything else.

20. kat913

kat913 Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me if Mariah's mother was the one who told LE all what happened....it may have taken awhile because there may have been a sense of betrayal she may have felt by disclosing the truths.

I know my position is not popular but I have painfully learned to have empathy for all sides even the young man with swollen eyes.

She was a beautiful little girl....many will have alot of healing to do...I believe I will go back to checking in with cold cases and UID's...children are just too painful for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.