Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some verbiage is just so obviously off that it just screams out at you. No statement analysis needed. "She's an angel" "love her to death"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Oh, my goodness! I have an angel I "just" love to death in my life, too.

I don't get this analysis. These are ways many people refer to children.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can't get Mariah out of my head and random thoughts keep popping up.

-Why would they put a time frame around when he stole the dressers? And how did they come up with that timeframe since the house he stole them from was abandoned? Was somebody with him when he stole them? Did somebody see him come and go?

-What does this timeframe have to do with hiding poor little Mariah's body? Does the timeframe even have anything to do with her? They could be two totally separate incidents.

RSBM

Sounds silly... but almost as if Earl wanted the 'alibi' of "...Nope. Weren't me who killed her -- I was out robbing houses...."Crazy-- but this man sounds unhinged and violent.
:moo:

I wonder if it's possible that the scanner ball things placed by the FBI at their trailer picked up on something, like footprints to the shed and *maybe* they placed them at the abandoned house and they picked up the same footprints there? I don't know, I am pretty fascinated with the technology used to investigate a case .

I don't know about that. I've often thought I "just want" to hug someone again who is gone, and that doesn't exclude being hugged back. "Just" is an adverb that often adds emphasis and urgency.

One of my kids is away from me. Will be for a little while. It's a difficult situation. I find myself talking about him like I've lost him forever, but it is b/c I cannot put my hands on him. I say all the time that, I just want to touch him, and hug on him, however, I can't, and don't know when I'll be able to do so again. So the loss she was feeling may have been the desire to do just that. Touch her, hold her close, and never let her go. I do think she knew it was him, but maybe held out some sort of hope, but at the same time, was afraid if they couldn't pin him, and make it stick, that he'd be out and about, and she had no certainty that the rest of the family would be safe from him. Restraining orders are as useless as *advertiser censored* on a boar hog.

To no one in particular, since many of you are engaging in statement analysis here...but, I find some of the analysis more odd than her statements. I find it more concerning that commonly used phrases about children we care for are being conceived of as nefarious.

Do you have any basis for believing she may be going out to dinner, as if she's just out enjoying herself when her daughter is dead, boyfriend arrested, and boys taken from her care? I have no reason to suspect she is out enjoying herself.

Just throwing out questions. Never said she was enjoying herself. Having lost a child myself, I'm a bit surprised you would read that into it. Years later, I still don't enjoy anything.

If she's not staying with family, if she's at a hotel, she would have to eat somewhere, no? Not like anyone could bring casseroles to her hotel room.

Southern girl here and we always "love somebody to death"...doesn't mean in the literal sense.

Agreed. I think it's safe to say this isn't the most sophisticated criminal we've ever seen, and I would be hesitant to dream up some master plan this guy had. LE will bring whatever charges they can to raise potential bail and ensure their suspect stays in custody while they investigate. If the first crime they found was he stole dressers, they're not going to not charge him with it just because they found evidence of other crimes later in the investigation.

My guess is he was doing drugs in the abandoned house, stole stuff from it (including dressers), came home, Mariah woke up, he killed her, and then went about disposing the body. When LE asked everyone to check their properties for evidence of Mariah, the owner of the abandoned house reported the dressers missing and LE found them in the trailer or truck and they had their first crime to charge. JMO of course.
Now this makes sense.

We have to remember these people are not seasoned public speakers - her daughter is missing, she is a wreck, mic and cameras in your face. She was asked questions and she answered them. I would not get out there and talk about my child may be hurting, may be cold, may be scared because I would not want to think of those things in front of cameras I would lose all composure. I didn't find anything off about her interview at all.

Oh, my goodness! I have an angel I "just" love to death in my life, too.

I don't get this analysis. These are ways many people refer to children.

Of course. But your angel who you love to death isn't dead.

I think the timeframe absolutely has to do with her, likely when he disposed of her. IMO, this window is coming from witnesses who can or cannot vouch for EK's whereabouts. KH said she checked on Mariah at 11:00 so she would have known if EK was there when she went to bed. The time he returned from stealing the dressers, disposing of Mariah and who knows what else could be substantiated by either KW or a neighbor (MOO).

BBM - Or an accomplice in the robbery, security cams, somebody else at the house... there is so much we don't 'know'.

RSBM

Sounds silly... but almost as if Earl wanted the 'alibi' of "...Nope. Weren't me who killed her -- I was out robbing houses...."Crazy-- but this man sounds unhinged and violent.
:moo:

Yeah, I'm sure the jury would be impressed. Way to win friends and influence people. Couldn't have killed her -was out stealing stuff from an abandoned house.

Right after, when asked by a reporter if they expressed any interest in helping with the search, the sheriff responded, "they are cooperating." I'm still of the impression that the lengthy conversation was with KH, just think the word choice would have been different if it was someone more distant from the investigation. MOO

[video=youtube;34L5bzKvB7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34L5bzKvB7s[/video]
press conference - around 7:27 talks about long conversation with family member and bringing Mariah back to her

The breaking up and making up is an addictive cycle. They fight loudly then "make up" and it's a honeymoon faze for a few days then it starts again.

Totally agree.

I’m bringing this article over from the last thread because no one said anything about the abandoned property and this just sounds awful....

“The front and back doors to the home were wide open Saturday morning and scene looking inside, seen from outside, appeared to be very disheveled with soiled garments strewn about the floor, broken furniture, loose papers and other reading material and tubs of unrecognizable matter covering every area of the home.”

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171202/breaking-news-body-of-mariah-kay-woods-has-been-found

What does unrecognizable matter covering every area of the Home mean????? Soiled garments?

Also just throwing a thought out there.... maybe they talked to grandma and she led them to Mariah? I don’t know... thinking outside the box a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM - Or an accomplice in the robbery, security cams, somebody else at the house... there is so much we don't 'know'.

Was thinking about the flea market/ antique shop that's across the way from where Mariah's body was found. I wonder if there were cameras there that would capture anything across the street . .

I wonder if it's possible that the scanner ball things placed by the FBI at their trailer picked up on something, like footprints to the shed and *maybe* they placed them at the abandoned house and they picked up the same footprints there? I don't know, I am pretty fascinated with the technology used to investigate a case .

I believe the scanners were there simply to document the scene for the future.

One of my kids is away from me. Will be for a little while. It's a difficult situation. I find myself talking about him like I've lost him forever, but it is b/c I cannot put my hands on him. I say all the time that, I just want to touch him, and hug on him, however, I can't, and don't know when I'll be able to do so again. So the loss she was feeling may have been the desire to do just that. Touch her, hold her close, and never let her go. I do think she knew it was him, but maybe held out some sort of hope, but at the same time, was afraid if they couldn't pin him, and make it stick, that he'd be out and about, and she had no certainty that the rest of the family would be safe from him. Restraining orders are as useless as *advertiser censored* on a boar hog.
Yes. I probably sound at this point like I am defending her. I'm not. I find her choices in life disturbing. However, I want to put a true picture together based on the facts we know. I was led astray in other threads before when a number of people began repeating things as if they were factual, only later to find out it was a theory based on nothing - absolutely nothing. I just want to be sure we are clearly separating fact from theory here.

I don't mean to sound like a skeptical pain in the arse. It's just that these things get really cloudy when threads move as quickly as this one has. People start scanning, pick up on stuff that's been repeated, take it as fact, and before long we are pretty far away from the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member