Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onslow County Sheriff's Office
18 hrs · Cyrus, NC ·

News Release:
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office announces the human remains of a child strongly believed to be that of Mariah Woods was located during a concentrated search effort in Shelter Creek along Shaw Highway in Pender County tonight. An autopsy will be conducted by the medical examiner's office to determine cause of death and absolute verification of identity.

This investigation is still ongoing.

Thanks.

Yes, the name is in the warrant.

Sorry, not trying to be lazy here but my fingers are honestly fat and swollen from the last 2 days here, can somebody please link the direct link to the warrant, thanks in advance.

With LE focusing on only a 4 or 4 1/2 hour window to have stolen the dressers, someone must be giving them information specific to that night (or they have him on surveillance somewhere that night in possession of the dressers)??? Unless using it as an alibi as to why he was seen leaving in the middle of the night (possibly by a neighbor), what would be the relevance of saying they were stolen that night? Merely finding him in possession of the dressers wouldn't give a timeline. It doesn't appear that the owner of the abandoned home would've frequented it enough to know exactly when the dressers were stolen. MOO

I have a theory about the dressers and it's because of something I remembered about Sherin's case, otherwise I wouldn't have considered it. The first charges filed in Sherin's case were against her adoptive father for leaving her out by a tree, a long way from the house, in the dark of night to punish her. But it didn't happen, it was the story he gave them and they used it to charge him.

The house where the dressers were stolen was long abandoned and in bad shape. The kind of place where people would go to hang out and do what they couldn't do at home. I wouldn't be surprised if EK had been there before and stole the dressers at another time, maybe recently. If LE told him they have a witness who saw him coming out of the house in the middle of the night, he might've claimed to have stolen the dressers at that time and he could prove it by showing them the dressers. LE checks with the owner of the abandoned home and confirmed the dressers were in the home before.

Or... he stole them that night and we'll all be surprised at his reason for stealing them.

So... he was going to chalk paint them, call them shabby chic, and sell them on eBay?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe screw on some different knobs he "found" someplace, and put it in his Etsy shop. Guy's a real go-getter.

The abandoned house is right around the corner from where they lived. KW regularly sold things online, even small things like a single cd for $1, to earn money. I think he just went over to see what he could find to possibly make a few bucks of off. (The dressers were found in his shed.)

Both EK and KW are unemployed. They have probably been scalvaging things to sell for a while. Steal a little here, beg a little there, remake, reuse, recycle, revamp... it's a way of life for some.
Was it stated in any news article that the dressers were found in the shed? I've only seen you referring to it.

The abandoned house is right around the corner from where they lived. KW regularly sold things online, even small things like a single cd for $1, to earn money. I think he just went over to see what he could find to possibly make a few bucks of off. (The dressers were found in his shed.)

Both EK and KW are unemployed. They have probably been scalvaging things to sell for a while. Steal a little here, beg a little there, remake, reuse, recycle, revamp... it's a way of life for some.

What time and day exactly were these dressers stolen? I know it's back there somewhere...

Where was it said that the dressers were found in the shed? Just curious, I must've missed it.

With LE focusing on only a 4 or 4 1/2 hour window to have stolen the dressers, someone must be giving them information specific to that night (or they have him on surveillance somewhere that night in possession of the dressers)??? Unless using it as an alibi as to why he was seen leaving in the middle of the night (possibly by a neighbor), what would be the relevance of saying they were stolen that night? Merely finding him in possession of the dressers wouldn't give a timeline. It doesn't appear that the owner of the abandoned home would've frequented it enough to know exactly when the dressers were stolen. MOO

The Warrant states between 11 PM and 3:30 AM he broke into and entered the home with the intent to commit larceny, therein, two dressers. He did possess the two dressers on or about the date of offense shown (11/26 and 11/27.) The property had been stolen, taken and carried away.

The Warrant states between 11 PM and 3:30 AM he broke into and entered the home with the intent to commit larceny, therein, two dressers. He did possess the two dressers on or about the date of offense shown. They property had been stolen, taken and carried away.

(Rewriting so my brain can process:

"The Warrant states:

*between 11 PM and 3:30 AM he broke into and entered the home with the intent to commit larceny, therein, two dressers. "

Wasn;t there a picture showing the two dressers? I believe I saw one awhile back but didn't pay too much attention??

I have a theory about the dressers
(Snipped)

The house where the dressers were stolen was long abandoned and in bad shape. The kind of place where people would go to hang out and do what they couldn't do at home. I wouldn't be surprised if EK had been there before and stole the dressers at another time, maybe recently. If LE told him they have a witness who saw him coming out of the house in the middle of the night, he might've claimed to have stolen the dressers at that time and he could prove it by showing them the dressers. LE checks with the owner of the abandoned home and confirmed the dressers were in the home before.

Or... he stole them that night and we'll all be surprised at his reason for stealing them.

The arrest warrant specifically says he broke into the house to steal the dressers that night between 11:00pm and 3:30 am.
https://www.scribd.com/document/366...eath-Disappearance-of-Mariah-Woods#from_embed

I would guess that the dressers were impounded as evidence and have not be released back to the owner yet. Perhaps, as someone suggested, they were part of the items flown to Quantico for analysis by the FBI. In any case, seems to me that now they COULD be sold on ebay for a lot more than they are worth, without even bothering to fix them up. Ghastly, I know,

https://www.scribd.com/document/366139582/Arrest-Warrants-Related-to-Death-Disappearance-of-Mariah-Woods#from_embed

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1-933785506b.jpg
    1-933785506b.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 477
  • 2-cea63ced77.jpg
    2-cea63ced77.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 470
Do we know the address of the abandoned home?

We don't know if mom does drugs we also don't know that Mariah and her mom didn't go to the thanksgiving gathering.

RSBM

There's a family photo of Earl, his daughter with his other GF, and the boys. Neither mom or Mariah are present. Not sure if the timeline has Earl killing her before or after Thanksgiving. If Earl killed her. It could have been someone else.
Who knows ?
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members