Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvs2laugh

luvs2laugh Well-Known Member

This is so heartbreaking. I'm not sure it is something they will ever get over.

2. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Maybe enough for funeral expenses plus to cover paychecks for a period of time in case the parent(s) aren’t immediately able to return to work.

3. Paulas88

Paulas88 Well-Known Member

I'm betting he did much more to her, then what the brothers witnessed! (IMO)

4. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

If a child is being sexually abused, a specially-trained physician can do a forensic physical examination. They can run tests for sexually transmitted diseases and the older brothers are old enough to be forensically interviewed. I think little Mariah and her brothers had been suffering for quite some time and that's why the mother denied visitation to their dad. There is no doubt in my mind that the mother is going to be charged.

5. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

that may be too. but I said in a subsequent reply. it could be that the police wouldn't intervene when mom denied access. some states they will tell you its a civil matter and go back to court.

CPS cant change custody other than to temp remove to foster home... you gotta go to court for that.

6. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

Hi. New here. I noticed that too, but doubt they'd be quite so careless with relatively expensive, or at least precious, drugs. I haven't seen cocaine thrown out as one of the drugs of choice. Do people do lines of meth? I thought meth was smoked.

I finally decided it must be random dust. Would this be when EK's biological daughter was an infant? Could it be formula powder? A friend and I joke that it always looks like a Coke den in the kitchen after Daddy makes a bottle.

ETA: Dang. Supposed to be a reply to Tippy Lin post of horrible couple in kitchen circa Feb '15

7. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Tricia’s post on page 1 of this thread explains it.

8. georgiajean

georgiajean Well-Known Member

Living in a home where violence regularly occurs trains kids to be very very good observers. It can be the difference between getting hit or not, between getting yelled at or not. So my guess is that they were very aware of what was happening at all times in that home. And they likely are holding a lot of guilt that they were not able to stop what happened. (No one would expect them to have stopped it, but as the brothers, they are going to struggle with that for the rest of their lives, IMO).

9. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

I tried to keep an open mind. Devil's Advocate if you will. Her language didn't bother me at all, nor did her tears, or pauses, dinner out, where she stayed, etc... What I did find a bit odd, was that it appeared that she put on makeup for the camera. I'd have wanted to look presentable (jeans, clean shirt), and I don't even know if I'd thought about that... but I doubt I'd even thought of combing my hair. However, I know there's some females who apply theirr makeup the very first thing when they wake up each day. It's routine. One told me that her spouse has never seen her, in the morning, without makeup. She got up before him, and that was the first thing she did, apply her makeup. To each their own. Knowing what we now know, if the kids hadn't spoken up, I believe she'd have thrown EK under the bus, and went on with her life.

10. cvaldez1975

my step sons GAL asked to use the bathroom right away too. wonder what he was looking for.

11. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

I guess I should add IMO.....Maybe you think foster care is best

12. MyBelle

drugs including prescription medications and child proofing is my guess.

13. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

that could very well be why the 10 yo got punched - for trying to protect Mariah.

14. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

We don't know what actions he took during that year. We only know he hasn't seen them in that time and that he has tried to consult lawyers.

With only partial information, we cannot judge

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

that and her post about "what's gone is gone" on Sunday night (since deleted) makes you question her.

16. cvaldez1975

I know, I am in CA and have had to call the cops on my step kids mom before. but some states, they wont.

17. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

No, I think that they learned a lot from the boys and the grandparents may very well have thought that EK had something to do with this and talked with them, especially the eldest, and then called LE. CPS likely moved them from the grandparents so that mom couldn't try and come around. I'm just guessing but I'd say there's no visits for her at this point. If so it would be supervised by CPS.

18. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

Several people have given examples that this is just not true in most places. LE does not typically enforce custody issues, so he would have had to handle it through the courts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. MyBelle

It isn't that foster care is "best"; it is because there is no suitable family placement available.

20. 4SAM

4SAM Kentucky - Texas - Kansas - Missouri

Could him (EK) taking the boys and not Mariah, mean that she was ill or bruised in a way that would be noticeable and mom was trying to get her better? Possibly knowing how hurt she was and not seeking medical aid?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.