Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we're going to get much information until this goes to trial, unless we get a verified insider join.

How long does it usually take for cases to go to trial? (I know full charges haven't even been laid yet, but assuming they will be shortly)
My godson was murdered November 2015. The suspects were arrested the next day, still no trial date.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I feel, in an entire year, he couldn't go to CPS or Court to plea for the right to see his children? He wouldn't need and attorney for that. What would be the cost in that?

My bro in law lives in TX which is a mom's state and has run into wall after wall after wall. Has spent thousands to no avail. His ex has borderline personality disorder, doesn't take meds, and without a lawyer he cant access her mental health records. That and she was diagnosed in South Africa where she is originally from. Ex's mother also knows how insane she is but won't testify against her in court [emoji35]. He got temp full custody last year for a year after an incident where his ex passed out from drugs or drinking too much and looked promising but ultimately my niece ended up back with her. They do have joint custody but she is uber crazy. Tried to kill him with a knife once even and he always wears a voice recorder at custody exchanges. That's how bad it can be in a mom state. So don't judge the guy on his efforts in that department. As bad as it sounds At some point you just have to accept your defeats. And it certainly sounds like he kept calling and calling CPS. he may not be perfect but he obviously cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we're discussing the rumors about where they were on Thanksgiving. That seems to be pure speculation. So what's free game and what's not?

The 'rumors' were brought into MSM by AW. Because it was in MSM, we can discuss.

The whereabouts of KW have not been discussed in MSM, so we cannot discuss.

If its in MSM = yes
If its not in MSM = no

The TOU for Websleuths is a great place to start if you are wanting to get in on the conversation and don't know whats allowed vs whats not. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

My bro in law lives in TX which is a mom's state and has run into wall after wall after wall. Has spent thousands to no avail. His ex has borderline personality disorder, doesn't take meds, and without a lawyer he can access her mental health records. That and she was diagnosed in South Africa where she is originally from. He got temp full custody last year for a year after an incident where his ex passed out from drugs or drinking too much and looked promising but ultimately my niece ended up back with her. They do have joint custody but she is uber crazy. Tried to kill him with a knife once even and he always wears a voice recorder at custody exchanges. That's how bad it can be in a mom state. So don't judge the guy on his efforts in that department. As bad as it sounds At some point you just have to accept your defeats. And it certainly sounds like he kept calling and calling CPS. he may not be perfect but he obviously cares.

its nice hearing a voice of reason

EK’s FB account posted Feb 2015. To me it looks like it could be drugs chopped up on the corner of the table.
a4950fb05fc7929f79546000fcf3f7fe.png

I can't tell for sure, but, it does look as if that's what that is, and there's also, what appears to be, some residue on the other table (the one with the sipper cup... and the fan sitting on top). Could be something else, but, if it is what it looks like, and that's posted up on her FB, I mean, geeze, it's right out there. Just blatant, like, we have zero cares to give (to put it mildly).

My point is how could that even be a possibility if she got out of a white Durango last night and went in her trailer to get something.

Well, if I was to guess a theory, she could have been hospitalized after she was there.

But since this cant be discussed I am going to leave the rest of my thoughts to myself so the thread doesn't get locked down.

I think we should take this as unsubstantiated rumor. It's been a rumor that's been going around on FB almost every day since about last Wednesday. The only day I didn't see it was last Friday. And we also know she wasn't in hospital the day MSM reported her going to the mobile home accompanied by an LE officer.

Also not in the hospital the night she was photographed having drinks and dinner.

While that is easy to say, the reality of battered women is much more complicated because it becomes a mental disorder. A woman--especially one who has little education and no marketable skills-- may decide to escape one abusive situation by hooking up with another guy and she quickly finds herself in the same predicament and without a support system to get out.

A clue that it might have happened in this case is that the children were supposedly spending a family holiday with neither side of their family.

Took me a while to get that. I think you are absolutely right. So KW's family thinks KW is with EK's family, and EK's family thinks she is with KW's. No one misses her & Mariah. Have I got that right?

What makes me think KW wasn't with EK is that he was holding his bio child and his ex was also there. KW strikes me as the type to want to be centre-stage in photos, as opposed to behind the lens. I need to see that photo again to try to gauge the boys body language. It seemed to me the little one was hugging up to his brother for moral support.

The vigil is taking take place on Tuesday at the intersection of Dawson Cabin Road and Earnest King Road at 7 p.m.

A public visitation has been scheduled for Wednesday from 4-6 p.m. at the Jones Funeral Home in Jacksonville.

A second vigil is scheduled for Sunday night at 5:30 p.m. at the intersection of Dawson Cabin Road and High Hill Road.

http://wnct.com/2017/12/05/2-candlelight-vigils-held-this-week-to-honor-mariah-woods/

Posting this for locals who may wish to attend. I’m heartbroken by this case.

also, when a woman leaves one abusive relationship, if she has not made much progress on her recovery, it is extremely easy to enter another abusive situation. often the vulnerability of this situation attracts men who will intentionally exploit this vulnerability.

While that is easy to say, the reality of battered women is much more complicated because it becomes a mental disorder. A woman--especially one who has little education and no marketable skills-- may decide to escape one abusive situation by hooking up with another guy and she quickly finds herself in the same predicament and without a support system to get out.

A clue that it might have happened in this case is that the children were supposedly spending a family holiday with neither side of their family.

Took me a while to get that. I think you are absolutely right. So KW's family thinks KW is with EK's family, and EK's family thinks she is with KW's. No one misses her & Mariah. Have I got that right?

What makes me think KW wasn't with EK is that he was holding his bio child and his ex was also there. KW strikes me as the type to want to be centre-stage in photos, as opposed to behind the lens. I need to see that photo again to try to gauge the boys body language. It seemed to me the little one was hugging up to his brother for moral support.

I cannot fathom KW being ok with her boyfriend snapping photos with his ex. I just cant see that happening at all.

also, when a woman leaves one abusive relationship, if she has not made much progress on her recovery, it is extremely easy to enter another abusive situation. often the vulnerability of this situation attracts men who will intentionally exploit this vulnerability.

You are exactly right. It's a very unfortunate pattern they fall into. Even more tragic is that it's not unusual for situations like this to happen. The mothers dysfunction is so great that she has little time or energy to devote to recovery esp. without help or intervention.

where did you find that photo?

I just saw this --

[h=3]3-year-old Mariah Woods was sexually abused by mom’s boyfriend, court documents allege
[/h]December 05, 2017 02:31 PM UPDATED 44 MINUTES AGO
JACKSONVILLE

FBI investigators recovered remains believed to be those of 3-year-old Mariah Woods on Saturday, and her mother’s boyfriend has been charged in connection with her death. Now court documents allege that the boyfriend, Earl Kimrey, sexually abused the girl.

In the court documents, Mariah’s biological father, Alex Woods, outlined the reasons he is pursuing custody of Mariah’s two brothers, who are also his sons, according to multiple reports and first reported by The Jacksonville Daily News.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article188156729.html#emlnl=Afternoon_Newsletter

I can't tell for sure, but, it does look as if that's what that is, and there's also, what appears to be, some residue on the other table (the one with the sipper cup... and the fan sitting on top). Could be something else, but, if it is what it looks like, and that's posted up on her FB, I mean, geeze, it's right out there. Just blatant, like, we have zero cares to give (to put it mildly).

I think it's a reflection of the item right behind what looks like residue. The table is shiney and is also reflecting the wood.

[

Now that discussion is allowed of the woman who gave birth to Mariah. I hope it is ok to post this
There is no name-calling, etc...just sincere concerns.

If, as it appears, Earl is responsible for Mariah's death, that certainly does not mean he is the only one responsible.

Turning a blind eye, in the fact of danger, certainly makes one complicit.

If I were to walk to a busy intersection with a 3-yr old, then turn loose of her hand and set her loose into the traffic, chances are she would be hit and killed by a vehicle. The person driving the vehicle would have killed her, BUT I would be also responsible for having her in that foolishly dangerous position in the first place. If I let my 3-yr old play in a cage with a tiger, and the tiger eats her, the tiger is responsible killing her, but I allowed it. If I let my 3 yr old outside to play in a storm, and she is struck by lightning, and she dies...the bolt of electricity is what killed her, but I allowed it
If I bring my child around an angry, violent person, and that person kills her, he/she murdered her, but I allowed it.
NOW, there have been children who crossed busy streets without getting hit...there have been children in cages with animals who were not eaten....there have been people caught in lightning storms who did not perish....but any reasonable caring parent would not risk those odds.

I am so tired of people who get so bent on advocating for women in abusive situations with their children, they fail to advocate for other victims. It makes all of womanhood look bad, by implying we do NOT have a choice. Living with an abuser, and forcing your children to be there as well, is not a one time mistake such as a traffic accident or accidental drowning. It is REPEATEDLY making a selfish choice. It is the equivalent of getting up every day and making the choice to allow your child to live in risk.

We should be better than that. We as women, do not HAVE to live in situations like that, and especially when it is with a man who has NO legal right to be around our child. When a woman gets up and walks away from her husband and her children's father, and makes a choice to start a life with a violent abuser, it is very, very difficult for me to feel anything but disgust. There is no valid excuse for it. Send the children elsewhere.

We ladies are smarter than people think, stronger than people think, and have more critical thinking skills than people think. So when others (sadly often other women) put forth a narrative that we are weak, spineless, brainless victims, it does not set well with me. Although some women live that way, it does not make it normal, nor excusable.

GET OUT! Put your children first...that is what good mothers do. You don't have to live on the "right" side of town, or be highly educated, or have all the privileges of life. It does not take a doctorate degree to show some protective motherly instinct. For goodness' sakes, even wild animals have a protective instinct towards their offspring.

Ladies....do what is right. There is no "relationship"...if you even want to call it that, worth forever losing your children for. Step up! Prove to the world that we can think for ourselves and make mature choices.

I am so angry right now, at abusers and enablers. They all share guilt when a child is harmed.

Excellent post. Thank you.

I cannot fathom KW being ok with her boyfriend snapping photos with his ex. I just cant see that happening at all.
According to rumors they don't get along at all. Tha'ts why she was not in the picture and maybe not even there that day. But again is just sm comments from people that know them.

Right?

Was the photo from Sunday or actually on Thanksgiving?
If Sunday, then a lot was going on:
EK allegedly hit one of Mariah’s brothers in the face - causing his nose to bleed.
EK stole 2 dressers from nearby vacant home.
Mariah goes “missing”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members