Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

I think you could be right. I'm just trying to justify why she would have had clothing on. Saying one thing to the cops that then transpires to be false means they didn't expect their lies about clothing to be discovered. That's if she was recovered wearing more than her underwear.

2. JLD333

JLD333 New Member

I thought this was CARIIS when I first read it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Hey!

That has been released?? I had to skip over about 450 plus posts.... when was that released and can anyone post the article this refers to?

TIA!

4. ksprincess

ksprincess Well-Known Member

IMO her brothers need to be placed in a good foster home and start therapy asap. Not to say they can't be placed with Dad at some point but they should not be with that Grandma.I'm normally all for kinship placements but I think those boys need a safe, suportive place to heal right now and it doesn't seem like any relatives home is that place right now.

5. LisaWL7TR

LisaWL7TR Well-Known Member

I am thinking but lacking as my head is close to hitting the pillow.
    The clothing and other possible qestions with a fail or not/lie vs truth and a lie detector test that the arrested individual was seeing taking in the future.
    Kf someone understands my thoughts better than I can at this moment please explain.
    Otherwise ignore my tired ramblings.

6. Grouchymom

Grouchymom Verified Grouchymom

NC is slow to release 911 calls. If on they rare occasion the do release it before trial ( cough medicine killing) they will distort the voice so it is not much help anyway.

Jmho

7. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

I noticed on FB old pics maybe before the baby was born and she was a good 60 lbs heavier. Guessing she indulged in the same substance abuse as did O Earl. Now she has shed that weight and bleached her hair blonde. It should have been apparent to all her family exactly what was going on. ( meaning the weight, drugs etc)

8. Tortoise

So I'm listening to the latest NG podcast. Wish me luck!

One of the first things she notes is mum's lawyer is Mark Raynor.

9. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

It might explain why the co-worker was the one who reported what KWs dad told them, according to AW and his fiance. MOO

10. Tortoise

Nah, I'll have to come back to it. I'm not convinced she knows cause of death yet.

Just a snippet:

NG says "when you are in the commission of a felony, that being felony child abuse or neglect, neglect, and a death occurs during the commission of a felony, that is felony murder, and for a felony murder just like premeditated murder, you can get the death penalty. Bam."

Ashley Willcott (child advocate) "Right and I have no doubt that charges are going to be forthcoming and I've said from the beginning, law enforcement has done a bang up job in this case because they have controlled the investigation so that they can be thorough and deliberate, and figure out exactly what happened, what charges can result and will result, so I have no doubt she will face criminal charges, I think they're being thorough in their investigation."

http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/

11. MelbourneSleuth

MelbourneSleuth New Member

Just catching up on this fast moving thread.
    These poor babies [emoji29]

It’s been said before, but meth and family violence is such a growing issue here in Australia, as in US I imagine. Such a destructive drug, it certainly has no place for use around children and the fact it can induce psychosis, just emphasises the risk potential.

Can only hope and pray that some silver lining of change will come soon around drug use and parenting children [emoji1431]
    (Though I don’t know what.. dob in a meth parent phone line?/ Drug testing if CPS has had concerns?)

Change is much overdue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Insomnia Momma

Insomnia Momma If not supported by a link it's just what I think!

I can’t find a link however does anyone else who followed the Caylee Anthony case remember when we were all trying to figure out where CA placed her we researched and found that in matters of fillicide most mothers will dress the child, wrap them and place the in water for burial? I also remember the link stated that mothers usually dispose of a child either within 5 miles of home OR someplace the mother is familiar with.

As a side note if anything happens to one of my children after doing these searches I’ll be put away for life!

13. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

Small towns, small circles?

14. Tortoise

15. Tortoise

That seems late for a funeral, after 6pm?

16. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

She yells a lot at her guest in this one. Shocking...

17. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

That's why I stopped watching her - couldn't STAND the yelling!! LOL!

So - no COD yet?

18. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

There are levels of neglect charges that can result in more jail time than manslaughter charges. I'd have to look up NC law, but in the Sherin Mathews case, the father was charged with neglect that specifically said it was likely would lead to death or extreme physical or emotional harm. So it's possible for people to be charged with something other than murder and still do a ton of time.

There's also a case in Illinois with an adult victim where there is no body and the perp is not charged with murder BUT is charged with kidnapping, torture, and having killed her. While it's not an actual murder charge, he may actually face the death penalty (because the feds are involved, even though Illinois no longer has the DP).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

19. JaneEyre

We were simply told she had clothing on, as in not being naked. We were not told that she was fully clothed, though.

20. JaneEyre

That's normal time for visitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.