Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
right but I don't believe anything KW says. any way to prove HC had a broken ankle? she has not been a proven liar yet.

May 2016 - the ankle being broken wasn't a result of alleged assault, just her excuse for not making it to court. In addition KW stated HC assaulted her - then HC went to magistrate and filed a claim for assault after the fact.

oh right. hmmm - so who was she talking about when she posted about missing them and them being gone? I thought it was her mom.
There were two posts. One saying she missed her family on the holiday, and the other saying she was missing moma (or something like that).

I don't have a clue if he was paying support or not - nothing in the custody documents indicated he was paying support. Really doesn't matter my point is we tend to not have a problem with dad moving in with girlfriend - but have a problem with mom moving in with a guy.
Only because of his behaviour.

yes - a baby girl a year younger than Mariah from a previous gf.
Thanks for asking! I am so confused! I thought they were with KW's mother, Also, someone posted that EK has another child younger than Mariah.....is that true?

Custody issues like this get pushed down to the bottom of the pile because it is hard to enforce in certain circumstances. Sad but true.

Here's what I don't understand.

Mom is keeping kids from seeing dad. Dad supposedly has no way to enforce his visitation.

So, if he just went and picked the kids up from their school and took them to his house for his visiting time, what could mom do about it? Nothing, right?

That's what he should have done.

I don't think its so much she had a bf around. I had my partner around my older ones. but he is not violent and he never even looked at my kids funny. this guy already had a history of abuse and previous accusations. what accusation was there about dads gf?

I want to make it very clear I am in no way defending the mother here - but we have a problem with mom letting a boyfriend move in and be around the children - why do we not have a problem with bio dad moving in with a girlfriend and being around the children. The papers stated she did not want his girlfriend to watch the kids while he was at work. I think that is a legit reason - though of course we don't know if that was really a truthful reason on her part or not.

No cause of death yet? No news of the custody hearing and decision on the boys? Wonder if bio mom will be a no show today.

I think what they have charged is solid but until the final autopsy comes out we don’t know for sure that we can prove a murder. If it is inconclusive to accidental death or homicide then yes this case would be in the toilet without a credible eye witness.

Even a skull fracture that could be from a fall as opposed to definite blunt force trauma for example could be reasonable doubt to a jury. With the amount of decomposition after 5 days in the water with the warm days we had is going to make a definitive COD and TOD (day not hour) difficult. It will aslo reduce th amount of insect predation making TOD more difficult especially if the body was submerged all or most of the time. They can make MOD as homicide even if they can’t prove murder because if someone tripped or caused her to fall and hit her head it would be at th hands of another (the classic definition of homicide) and yet be an accident.

Let’s just hope the autopsy will be able to come back with clear cut COD and MOD.

JMHO

But doesn't it have to be ruled as one cause? i.e. homicide, suicide, accident, natural causes, etc.?

I know when my late husband's brother died of a drug overdose, family questioned why he had bruises on his back and some other suspicious findings. But it was listed on the death certificate (or was it something else) that it was inconclusive. So I guess it was an overdose that couldn't be proven to be by accident, homicide, suicide (intentional), or of course natural causes.

I don't know what I'm asking. Just a little confused and thinking out loud here.

Oh I don't think there is any way CPS will give the children back to her at this point. I am hoping that the children are placed somewhere away from all this where they can feel safe, loved, and get the counseling they will need.
The way CPS Bungles things It would not surprise me much.

counter-intuitively, pupils will dilate under the action of the sympathetic nervous system - adrenaline, amphetamines, etc. so the constricted pupils is probably from the light, or heroin.

Both have pinpoint pupils. Just noticing.

Here's what I don't understand.

Mom is keeping kids from seeing dad. Dad supposedly has no way to enforce his visitation.

So, if he just went and picked the kids up from their school and took them to his house for his visiting time, what could mom do about it? Nothing, right?

That's what he should have done.

Dad could not do that since she had primary custody. Schools would have on record who has custody unless KW never gave them the copy of the decree. I do not know how they keep the student records in that district. Our school district has it listed it on the student computer file who has custody and who can not contact the kids

That was option 2 awhile back of my dressers theory: that they simply needed dressers.

Hey, baby, sorry for what I did to your baby...here's some dressers that I found in an abandoned cesspit to make up for it <3

Hey, baby, sorry for what I did to your baby...here's some dressers that I found in an abandoned cesspit to make up for it <3

Haha. No, I was thinking if the dressers were stolen before anything happened to Mariah, actually.

I want to make it very clear I am in no way defending the mother here - but we have a problem with mom letting a boyfriend move in and be around the children - why do we not have a problem with bio dad moving in with a girlfriend and being around the children. The papers stated she did not want his girlfriend to watch the kids while he was at work. I think that is a legit reason - though of course we don't know if that was really a truthful reason on her part or not.

Simple. Statistics are clear that a child's risk of abuse rises exponentially when he or she lives with mama's new man. Not daddy's new woman.

Of course there are exceptions. But everyone is aware of how many cases there are of kids dying at the hands of the new dude.

lol ok... I worj full time as does my partner and my house isn't spic and span. I also suffer from extreme ADHD/ODD and organization is NOT my strong point. my house is sanitary but clutter abounds and it tends to be on tabletops and shelves. im a good and loving mother and my kids have a stable home. my step kids mom is show ready and neat as a pin, it is only a nod to her control freak tendencies. she doesnt even try to see her teenage son who lives w us fulltime.

I know that messes also come w careless adults as well but just had to point that out.

You do not want to see a picture of my dining room table right now. It's bad. I'm not careless, either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member