Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
that and her post about "what's gone is gone" on Sunday night (since deleted) makes you question her.

Wasn't it a meme rather than a post she had typed? I'm not sure how well they correlate to how 'we' see them in retrospect of something like this and how the person saw the meme when they posted it.

I know there are a lot of memes out there, but I tend to post things that my friends have shared, not go looking for something (and manage to find) something that fits so perfectly.

But...if her FB is now open for discussion. I've been sitting on this since last Monday!

One of the first things I did was to look through her pictures. There was a picture of Mariah, so I looked at the date on the day it was posted and *assumed* it was a fresh picture. Then I clicked the 'next' button a number of times, and the same pic appeared over and over, being posted each day, so I was obviously wrong in the assumption that the date I saw on it the first time was the first time it was posted.

I *think* the last time it was posted was about Thanksgiving, and I think the first time (in this series of posting it each day) was the 20th November.

But it was actually that picture of Mariah in the garden in the blue print dress. It must surely have been taken earlier in the year because it would be too cold at this time of year for her to be dressed just in that thin summer dress.

There were pics from Halloween, and there were pics from Mariah's birthday that were posted I think on the tenth (but I believe her birthday is actually either the 7th or 8th November?).

If it wasn't for that family visit for Thanksgiving I would have suspected something major happened to Mariah around the 20th. I don't know for certain, we don't have any official source for it, but I believe KW and Mariah were at that family visit.

It just gave me the sense that there was some reason it wasn't a fresh picture posted each day, and Mariah must have been on KW's mind to repost the same pic each day for about a week? And, even though for days I was saying on here that maybe KW is a battered wife, on that first day I found this thing with the pictures suspicious that something had happened to Mariah about the 20th November and that she wasn't available for fresh photos afte that date...

I guess I'm wrong on this, I just found it weird and suspicious in a missing child case, so close to the time that the child is reported missing. I think it comes from another case that happened a year or two back of a month or so old baby in Florida and the mom was posting pics as if he was still alive but he had been deceased for weeks. I didn't go looking for that, but seeing the same pic over and over made me think that something like that might be the reason for this thing that struck me as 'unusual'.

And from what the bio dad and his fiancee have been saying on NG, it sounded like they were saying that Mariah was alive when the family left the Thanksgiving do with EK's family, so I must be wrong about Mariah being dead, but I still wonder what caused that behaviour.

So sorry for the long rambling post, but I've been holding this in so hard!

This wasn't appropriate previously but I think I can safely post it now. And this was before we got further info that points to worse than negligence:

I don't blame this woman for the actions of her boyfriend. I blame her for her own. CPS actually took her children due to abuse allegations. They were placed temporarily with her ex, their father, where he claims they thrived. The neighbors report Mariah's mom and the boyfriend engaged in repeated, loud fights. He displayed such an intense temper that he destroyed their car.

Yet instead of letting her ex keep the kids or calling him to come get them, she kept the kids and refused to even let the father have them for his court ordered time, during which he might have been able to detect if something was wrong.

She exposed her children to a violent, angry, combative man knowing he was so and despite having a way out.

That was a clear choice. And it was a grossly negligent one.

Mariah is dead because of negligence and murder. And I hope there is accountability for both.

In regards to the trailer:

It looks older, growing up I lived in probably 6 or 7 older trailers been in numerous others. I've never been in one where all the bedrooms have been grouped together at one end of the hall. The master bedroom has always been on one end and the other bedrooms at the other end and have always had two bathrooms, one for the master and one for the rest. These have been single wides and were older even in the 90's. Usually you walk into the living room, there was also usually a back door in the kitchen.

Wait... my grandma lives in a double wide that had both the master and the other bedroom at both ends. But she also lives in a retirement village, it's also a older trailer.

Could him (EK) taking the boys and not Mariah, mean that she was ill or bruised in a way that would be noticeable and mom was trying to get her better? Possibly knowing how hurt she was and not seeking medical aid?

Was it confirmed that they weren’t there? Sorry I’m new and trying to catch up and not sure what I can ask or say. I thought I read they were there for thanksgiving just not in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am confused on what we can and can't post with regard to mom. I thought we could just discuss the video and allegations made in that interview. Is this not correct is mom open to sleuthing including information with regards her time before she was with boyfriend. I am trying hard to stay with in TOS but just confused at this point what I can can't post regarding mom.

At the bottom of maybe the second post in this thread is a note from Tricia about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't it a meme rather than a post she had typed? I'm not sure how well they correlate to how 'we' see them in retrospect of something like this and how the person saw the meme when they posted it.

I know there are a lot of memes out there, but I tend to post things that my friends have shared, not go looking for something (and manage to find) something that fits so perfectly.

But...if her FB is now open for discussion. I've been sitting on this since last Monday!

One of the first things I did was to look through her pictures. There was a picture of Mariah, so I looked at the date on the day it was posted and *assumed* it was a fresh picture. Then I clicked the 'next' button a number of times, and the same pic appeared over and over, being posted each day, so I was obviously wrong in the assumption that the date I saw on it the first time was the first time it was posted.

I *think* the last time it was posted was about Thanksgiving, and I think the first time (in this series of posting it each day) was the 20th November.

But it was actually that picture of Mariah in the garden in the blue print dress. It must surely have been taken earlier in the year because it would be too cold at this time of year for her to be dressed just in that thin summer dress.

There were pics from Halloween, and there were pics from Mariah's birthday that were posted I think on the tenth (but I believe her birthday is actually either the 7th or 8th November?).

If it wasn't for that family visit for Thanksgiving I would have suspected something major happened to Mariah around the 20th. I don't know for certain, we don't have any official source for it, but I believe KW and Mariah were at that family visit.

It just gave me the sense that there was some reason it wasn't a fresh picture posted each day, and Mariah must have been on KW's mind to repost the same pic each day for about a week? And, even though for days I was saying on here that maybe KW is a battered wife, on that first day I found this thing with the pictures suspicious that something had happened to Mariah about the 20th November and that she wasn't available for fresh photos afte that date...

I guess I'm wrong on this, I just found it weird and suspicious in a missing child case, so close to the time that the child is reported missing. I think it comes from another case that happened a year or two back of a month or so old baby in Florida and the mom was posting pics as if he was still alive but he had been deceased for weeks. I didn't go looking for that, but seeing the same pic over and over made me think that something like that might be the reason for this thing that struck me as 'unusual'.

And from what the bio dad and his fiancee have been saying on NG, it sounded like they were saying that Mariah was alive when the family left the Thanksgiving do with EK's family, so I must be wrong about Mariah being dead, but I still wonder what caused that behaviour.

So sorry for the long rambling post, but I've been holding this in so hard!

My understanding from her new deleted FB posts was that she and Mariah did not attend the Thanksgiving celebration as planned. Am I wrong?

She could've been posting photos to hide evidence of abuse.

This is what doesn't make sense to me. If the allegations of child sexual abuse are made in my state, a forensic sexual abuse examination is conducted. CPS doesn't just take the word of parents.

There may not have been evidence of SA if you know what I mean. Not every form of SA does. I think the claim was less SA because it couldn’t be confirmed and more about beatings and intimidation. That is when the dad claimed mom lied about the injuries. She tries to come off as this loving mom and unfortunately there are people very easily fooled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding from her new deleted FB posts was that she and Mariah did not attend the Thanksgiving celebration as planned. Am I wrong?

She could've been posting photos to hide evidence of abuse.

Per AW mom and Mariah did attend thanksgiving - but it was at boyfriends family not her family side.

Thank you for some reason I don't have an alert button and half the time I don't have a thanks button.

I noticed I had that problem a couple of days ago. Refresh your page by clicking the reload button on your browser, it will bring all the buttons back.

No the bio dad in his N Grace interview stated that Mariah and mom went with boyfriend and boys to visit boyfriends family
I assume father is repeating what he heard from KW's father. It could very well be that KW told her father that she was going but didn't actually go.

I suspect Mariah and KW did not go and for reason that led to that 911 call when POI and brothers returned.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I assume father is repeating what he heard from KW's father. It could very well be that KW told her father that she was going but didn't actually go.

I suspect Mariah and KW did not go and for reason that led to that 911 call when POI and brothers returned.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk
I totally agree. JMO

Hypothetically speaking, what would happen if an older sibling reported the SA of a 3yr old sibling - say to a teacher? Does duty to report have the teacher contacting the police or child services (or both?). And then what happens? If physical evidence of that abuse isn’t present? I’ve always understood the burden of proof to be with the prosecution - but what about cases like this?

Geez...I feel I need to purchase a whiteboard just to keep facts straight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong