Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

dad and his finance HAVE BEEN CLEARED.

2. TNsqrls

TNsqrls New Member

Something else that struck me was the charge of breaking & entering. I don't think the place had been locked or otherwise secured in a long time. IIRC there was an article from Sat Dec 2 (?) that showed doors standing open, papers & junk strewn about, & other general nastiness that would seem to indicate the home had been repeatedly looted.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

3. Gigglingtoes

Gigglingtoes Well-Known Member

Even if the doors werent locked its not his property to walk into. I am sure that the house is probably one that is frequented by druggies but the cops added it as a charge to keep him. JMO

4. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

I can't find it now, but I am sure I read it in one of the interviews. I made note of it because i know someone who has Turner Syndrome.

5. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

I always felt she was guilty but that the prosecution didn't put on a good case for guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Then, after all was said and done our very own websleuther AZlawyer cracked the case!

6. margarita25

margarita25 Hmmmm...sounds hinky, moo.

7. TNsqrls

TNsqrls New Member

Has that been verified? I know AW said LE told them they had been cleared, but has it been reported elsewhere? (I don't think they had anything to do with it either MHO)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

8. Peachykeen

Peachykeen Well-Known Member

IMO, EK told the police he stole the dressers, I also think he told them where to find Mariah as well.

9. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks earlier KW had posted looking for a couple of dressers. I wonder if EK went to get her the dressers that night, after /Mariah was deceased, to try to make KW feel better or somehow make up with her.

10. SleepysaurusRex

SleepysaurusRex New Member

You know that really stood out to me, though. I know a lot about drugs because of the way and the things I grew up around. I'm sure I know so much that people who don't know me look at me sideways. Lol.

But my thoughts were that he either described them and identified them using pictures or that he actually knew what they were. Either is heartbreaking. He shouldn't know anything about them except "say no thank you". At his age his thoughts should be bicycles, catching frogs and playing video games.

11. Zelda1010

Zelda1010 Active Member

It is hard to make sense of all the leaked docs. From what I gather these are the unsubstantiated claims made by the bio dad. So if the kids were able to describe the drugs or how they were consumed or the actions they witnessed, Dad might've labeled them properly on the report. I really thought it said something about EKs known drug use per KW consisting of pot, heroin and meth. I'd have to see it again.

So. My personal story is that I reported to DCFS that my son's father had broken my arm. The lady took my statement. I could see my young self offering up that the man was known to me to use Heroin, Cocaine, Pot and Meth. In reality he was a recovered/ing H addict and I had not, to my knowledge, ever witnessed him using or under the influence. I witnessed some cocaine use early in our relationship (up to 2-3 years prior) and while I railed against it and him for using it at first, I later used it with him on at least one occasion. We both were daily pot smokers. One time, and only one time that I was ever aware of, in the prior year, when we were out of pot, he got his hands on some "high speed chicken feed" as he called it. I understood it to be meth. He did it without telling me and I could tell he was on some upper of some sort. He refused to share (bless his heart in hindsight). I don't know if I did report some or any drug use at the time, but I'm throwing this out there to show that saying a person is "known to use" something doesn't mean they are a hardcore user.

I remember when the lady came back a day or two later. "You told me he broke your arm", she said. "He did", I said, indignant. "You didn't tell me he pushed you and it broke when you fell.". Well, yeah, that's how it happened. I hadn't been deliberately deceitful. She must not have asked for details (I know I didn't lie and say he grabbed me when he didn't). I have been very careful ever since to refer to the time my arm broke during an argument, not the time he broke my arm. The case came back unsubstantiated in family court. Criminal charges went forward for the broken arm. They tried to make a felony stick, but since the 1 year old was in his crib for the physical part, and did not witnessed it, it remained a misdemeanor offense. He pled guilty and got probation. The judge ordered no contact for a year. I wrote the judge a 4 page letter begging for it to be lifted. The court did lift the no contact order, but then the stars aligned and he didn't pursue contact after that. I got better for my kiddo with lots of family support and that now seems like a different lifetime (and it was, in fact many many years ago).

But it all happened within a few miles of where Mariah lived her short little life.

12. RAISINISBACK

You could be right. I can't find it now either. I was reading both the interviews on Mariah and Haleigh at the time. Maybe I confused them. If so I am very sorry for putting false information out there.

13. Amonet

Amonet Well-Known Member

I doubt that proper names of drugs were used. I'm thinking more that a child might be asked to describe their observations of the drug use and then the person they're talking to would translate that into a proper name for a drug as part of their description of the allegations of what is going on in the home. I think most drug users use street names for drugs, I don't think a child would hear someone say, "I'm going out to get some heroin", but they might be able to describe someone in the home smoking a funny cigarette and maybe describe the appearance of what was put into the funny cigarette.

14. RAISINISBACK

People from anywhere can call the bank that has the account for Mariah's family and transfer money from their own account into it.

15. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Trying to catch up. It's horrible to think there are so many children being murdered that you can't keep up. Plus dealing with my husband recovering from surgery. I suddenly have a 6th child but he is a man/child lol. I am very behind on this sweet child. If anyone can summarize key elements from the last week I would be so appreciative!!!! Grouchy mom? Anyone? :tyou:

16. luvs2laugh

luvs2laugh Well-Known Member

I think EW told them he stole the dressers and where he stole them from. It was all part of their plan. He would much rather be charged with stealing a 40 dresser than murder.

17. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

A ten year old living in those circumstances would know which drugs were which, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had actually used them.

I work in Corrections and Addiction Recovery and you wouldn't believe how many people's first use was due to a parent providing and encouraging it.

18. Gigglingtoes

Yes or a child his age to be able to say that it was heroin, I would imagine that he described how he knew....like a needle or whatever

19. SleepysaurusRex

SleepysaurusRex New Member

Its my sincere belief that he willingly offered that information to the law. I also tend to believe that was his flimsy alibi. "I couldn't have killed her. I was stealing dressers. I wouldn't admit to something illegal unless I really did it so I'm believable."

20. Gigglingtoes

barf!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.