Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

The dude in this story had already served time for importuning a minor, and other offenses, he should not have been walking around, as a free man, with two previous convictions, against children. Yes, the female is one sick puppy too, and the fact that they're cousins kinda makes one wonder what went on in their childhood, but he shouldn't have been free in the first place.

2. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

I agree - no mention of cell phones in any of this. I think it’s a good possibility that a cell phone or two and maybe a laptop and/or tablet will play a part in this case. I think they are being looked at forensically. Knowing they’re looking for a timeline, locations and with the SA accusations they’ll be analyzed if they had them.

I could say a mouthful or more regarding my thoughts on people who have cell phones, but “can’t afford” necessities, but I’ll leave that for another time. Lol

3. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Lol, yep. And I agree about forensics with the phones. Depending on laws, expertise and the users ability to hide data it can be a long process.

4. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Remember, the search warrants are sealed. Which is why they haven't been mentioned by LE.

5. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

precisely.

6. MyBelle

I'm pretty sure the State of NC is protecting the boys. Their pastor has said the children are in the custody of their grandmother and he asked for donations to help with their transportation costs, food, etc. AW admits he hasn't seen his kids in a year, his son hates him and dislikes his girlfriend. There is no way DCFS is going to place children in his care under those circumstances, imo.

7. ginznc

ginznc Member

I'm from Kernersvile

8. Melly53

Melly53 Member

KW has refused to let him see his children. So far as the older son hating his father and his girlfriend, one has to wonder how much of an influence KW had on him. If KW intentionally poisoned her children in regards to their father that will also be taken into consideration by DCFS.

9. MyBelle

Yes and the murder investigation is ongoing. I don't see any family attorney volunteering to spend hours trying to fight the state on who has custody of two little boys who have suffered the emotional trauma of the loss of their little sister. It would be a losing battle, imo.

10. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey Everyone,

Please stay on topic. We have a Casey Anthony forum if you want to discuss.

Thank you

11. MyBelle

She absolutely may have alienated the children from their father. Doesn't matter now. It is the safety of the children that matters and they are with their grandmother and DCFS obviously is okay with that placement.

12. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

We only have the Pastor's word that they were with the grandmother in the first few days of the investigation. I don't think anyone knows where they are now, do they?

13. kkdj

kkdj Well-Known Member

Yes, but I also think if the older son is saying he hates his father, was abused by EK, neglected by his mother, introduced to drugs, his sister was murdered, etc., the courts are going to be sensitive to this child. He has to be so confused! If the court just sent him to live with his father, with him hating him, warranted or not, that would be awful! The children's mental health must be paramount right now under these circumstances! For goodness sake! These are 5 and 10 year old little boys who have lived thru hell, with nobody protecting them or their little sister! What is in their best interest is all that matters for their custody situation. These boys deserve to have their rights! I hope a child advocate has been appointed on their behalf.

14. MyBelle

The pastor had no need to lie to the reporter but he also didn't offer a time frame.

15. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I didn't mean that the Pastor was lying in, I could have worded that better, sorry for any misunderstanding. I meant that the last time we heard where the children were, was early in the investigation.

16. MyBelle

Yes and I doubt we hear any more because of their safety and privacy. Their father supposedly had a court hearing on Friday and the Judge may not have told him.

17. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

The State of NC should have protected the kids before it came to this. This could have been prevented. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Yes, this. There had been allegations of abuse, and the mother had told CPS that EK was not living in the home, when he most certainly was or moved back in shortly after. In the light that one of those children are now dead, I don't think that we can say that the bio father's fears were unfounded.

19. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d On Time Out

Well, the state of NC failed miserably in protecting Mariah, so I'm not very confident in them.

Don't forget - their mother hasn't been charged with any crime. They could very likely be returned to her as long as she isn't charged.

20. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

DCFS was also okay with the placement that resulted in Mariah's death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.