Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is going to be more than Mariah woke up and EK was cooking meth and slammed the door on her, resulting in her death. Jmo.

I think KW has an even bigger role in all of this.

JMO

I have to disagree here. Meth producers know better than to cook the stuff in their own residence. If he was a meth producer he would have known better. Besides, you need a virtual lab in order to produce meth, something that would not have been able to be hidden in a trailer. I do know there is a method for making very small quantities for personal use (they use a 2-liter bottle) but he wouldn't have done anything to her if she disrupted that since making meth in that way only requires shaking the bottle. He could have easily told her to go away without losing his temper.

I've seen a few photos of EK and EW neither of them look like meth addicts to me. They have none of the physical signs and attributes of those addicted to meth. Same with the heroin angle. Neither of them were users I don't think. Again, they lack the physical attributes and if they were using they weren't shooting up. Shooters will hide the track marks, both EK and KW have many photos of themselves in t-shirts. A heroin addict who shoots wouldn't be running around in tees.

My suspicion is that at the most they were stoners, maybe pill poppers.

AW has stated that he doesn't have the money for an attorney to fight in court. I would think an attorney would do pro bono for this case. Also, courts have help and guidance for those that file without an attorney. Where there is a will there is a way.

I wonder if there are other issues with the father. I don't understand, if the children have to be placed, why wasn't he a first consideration?

I have to disagree here. Meth producers know better than to cook the stuff in their own residence. If he was a meth producer he would have known better. Besides, you need a virtual lab in order to produce meth, something that would not have been able to be hidden in a trailer. I do know there is a method for making very small quantities for personal use (they use a 2-liter bottle) but he wouldn't have done anything to her if she disrupted that since making meth in that way only requires shaking the bottle. He could have easily told her to go away without losing his temper.

I've seen a few photos of EK and EW neither of them look like meth addicts to me. They have none of the physical signs and attributes of those addicted to meth. Same with the heroin angle. Neither of them were users I don't think. Again, they lack the physical attributes and if they were using they weren't shooting up. Shooters will hide the track marks, both EK and KW have many photos of themselves in t-shirts. A heroin addict who shoots wouldn't be running around in tees.

I agree. I don't think either was addicted to meth or heroin because as you wrote, the physical signs aren't there. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked when they could get hold of meth or heroin, but addicts, probably not. Pot, pills and alcohol were more likely the usual fare. All MOO and speculation.

I wonder if there are other issues with the father. I don't understand, if the children have to be placed, why wasn't he a first consideration?

Maybe the court is looking into why the eldest boy apparently said he hated his father?

I believe that would be for "normal" scheduled cases, in a case like this that is "rushed" or "urgent" in nature Im sure it wouldn't show up.

JMO

hm. good point. or they're keeping it out of the calendars due to the current circumstance. OR it's not on the calendar at all because neither parent has actually filed a motion.

The scenario of being beaten and suffering internal injuries is again what makes me question KW's and Mariah's whereabouts prior to that Sunday. Still not buying that they weren't photographed Thanksgiving Day because KW was taking the pic or MW was napping. IMO, something happened that kept KW away. Was Mariah injured earlier and KW stayed home with her thinking it would get better and it never did and that's when she told EK to handle it??? Just seems like too short a time line that night for her to have been killed in a rage, cleanup whatever evidence or drugs may have been present, stage the scene, steal the dressers, drive a half hour away, dispose of her, and then drive back. MOO

I agree, and Lonzie Barton case as well. I think EK beat Mariah and she died from internal injuries, because he lashed out at KW's son too and gave him a bloody nose, and EK was known to be violent and volatile. I think KW knew, and EK took care of the hiding/disposal of Mariah's body in the early hours of the morning. That could be why KW says "she could be anywhere" because she didn't know exactly where the disposal of her child occurred.

AW has stated that he doesn't have the money for an attorney to fight in court. I would think an attorney would do pro bono for this case. Also, courts have help and guidance for those that file without an attorney. Where there is a will there is a way.

To my knowledge, here in NC (and based on cases I know of) - before the disappearance and death of Mariah he would have had to obtain his own attorney and have lots of $ to pursue legal custody of his children.

Now that this case is so high profile there is probably an attorney willing to work for him, provided he has been vetted by LE, DSS, etc as "fit" to legally do so.

JMO

I don't know if there was any cooking of meth, but Mariah's brother did say that he EK used pot, heroin, and methamphetamine. I find it incredibly sad that a 10 year old even has to know what these drugs are, let alone be exposed to them.

In an exclusive interview, his former classmate and roommate of three years told ABC11 that Kimrey was troubled.

"He started breaking into places. He started using drugs. He just, really got out of control. My heart just dropped to my feet-like 'oh my God. He's finally done it. He has finally went too far,'" said April Rhew, who said she lived with Kimrey and his ex-girlfriend between 2003 and 2006.

http://abc13.com/body-found-positively-identified-as-mariah-woods/2748216/

I have no idea who actually committed the action that ended in Mariah's death...but I could see the ten-year old telling LE what happened more easily than either of the adults if he knows for sure who did it. It does bother me that EW is only charged with concealment still, even days after autopy results. I am wondering if toxicology results are key, since they mentioned it and if so, how that will affects the timeline of more charges. Also, hoping they are were able to determine actual cause of death without tox, as it would be difficult to prove that any drugs found were given intentionally.

I guess I am stuck on how it can be proved who did whatever the act was that resulted in Mariah's death.

BBM

That rings with me also. I too think they are waiting for a tox screen to come back.

Somewhat OT: I know someone who has Turner Syndrome (Mariah was said to have this in the interview with her grandmother.) When the person I know was a young girl (about 7 years) her mother gave her two aspirin. The aspirin caused major hemorrhaging throughout her body. Luckily she survived because they were close to an emergency room at the time it happened (they were in a car a few blocks from a hospital) but spent weeks in the hospital. At that time the doctors told the parents that kids with Turner Syndrome often had allergic reactions to medicines. This was over 30 years ago so I don't know what doctors say about the condition and allergic reactions now.

Maybe some medical people can chime in with more information on this condition and the effects of it on children.

I'm a newbie and don't have a clue how to use tap talk. Hopefully I'm not replying to someone's comment. If I am, I apologize. I was just going through scenarios in my head. Correct me if I'm wrong please , but I remember reading that this home has three bedrooms. I also read that the older child had to be separated for some reason from the younger two at some point. That would possibly mean that KH and EK shared one bedroom. Mariah and her 5 year old brother shared a room and her 10 year old brother had his own room. I'm wondering if the 5 year old brother was a witness to what happened to Mariah. All scenarios are so traumatic and awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hm. good point. or they're keeping it out of the calendars due to the current circumstance. OR it's not on the calendar at all because neither parent has actually filed a motion.

In a normal case, attorneys file and the case is put on the calendar for maybe? 4-6 weeks later. And the civil calendar are most likely quite full. Special circumstance cases like this would be an "exception to the rule" so to speak.

JMO

I'm a newbie and don't have a clue how to use tap talk. Hopefully I'm not replying to someone's comment. If I am, I apologize. I was just going through scenarios in my head. Correct me if I'm wrong please , but I remember reading that this home has three bedrooms. I also read that the older child had to be separated for some reason from the younger two at some point. That would possibly mean that KH and EK shared one bedroom. Mariah and her 5 year old brother shared a room and her 10 year old brother had his own room. I'm wondering if the 5 year old brother was a witness to what happened to Mariah. All scenarios are so traumatic and awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members