Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you surprised that his parents have remained mum? No statement or anything? I think I am not as surprised that they haven't spoken to the media, but it almost seems to me they haven't helped LE much either. If the recently shared quote saying LE needs info on the family's whereabouts is current. Particularly odd given the Thanksgiving photo we've seen, I think.

I don't know anything about trial. Thanks for the insight. It will be intriguing, indeed.

They are victims and I can't even imagine their pain and what they are dealing with.I'm not surprised at all. Especially given the threats and horrible things people are saying on SM.
The trial will be very interesting. As for sentencing there are guidelines that are followed (many times called the purposes and principles of sentencing. Most states require a PSI be written (even in pleas deals) in felony cases to give the judge more detailed information on the defendant all of which is taken into consideration when sentenced (I conducted and wrote PSI's my whole career so it is my passion. A PSI would include criminal history, childhood, any abuse whether physical, sexual, or emotional or neglect, drug & alcohol use, substance abuse treatment, marriage & children, education, employment, voluntary victim statement (if deceased this would be a family member), voluntary statement by defendant, and more. It also includes a recommendation for sentencing. The judge may or may not follow the recommendation of sentencing. Requests for information are sent to attain documentation to back up what is in the report. Depending on state and law a PSI may be confidential and only seen by Judge, attorneys, and defendant (the info can be disputed) or may be public as in the (affluent) college rape case that was in the news about a year ago. Sorry can't think of the name. Just giving a little more insight. Most people have never heard of PSI's but they are a great tool for court.

Do not know if this is what happened in this case but basic information in obit is free, if you start adding additional names or personal comments about the deceased they charge you. The listing of grandparents, half brothers sisters, aunts uncles etc would of cost money. The funeral home did not charge for funeral so I would assume they did the basic free obit.

Thats true. I never realized you had to pay until my son passed. The obit cost almost $200 and I was shocked. I don't know who was in charge of it but it would be up to them to chose who and what was in it.

They are victims and I can't even imagine their pain and what they are dealing with.I'm not surprised at all. Especially given the threats and horrible things people are saying on SM.
The trial will be very interesting. As for sentencing there are guidelines that are followed (many times called the purposes and principles of sentencing. Most states require a PSI be written

What do the initials PSI stand for?

Do not know if this is what happened in this case but basic information in obit is free, if you start adding additional names or personal comments about the deceased they charge you. The listing of grandparents, half brothers sisters, aunts uncles etc would of cost money. The funeral home did not charge for funeral so I would assume they did the basic free obit.
Perhaps if you start adding great grandparents and cousins and such, but I can guarantee it wasn't going to cost them a thing to list the other sibling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I keep seeing post stating that AW didn't have the kids friday nights because KW wouldn't allow his girlfriend to pick the kids up - the documents that I have seen state that AW worked friday nights late and KW would not allow the kids to be in girlfriends care while he was at work. Have I missed a different document?

I'm not sure of the first name spelling, but Shaylynn Ammerman. There were a lot of negative judgments made about them from their media appearances (their clothing, smoking a cigarette, etc). It turned out to be a guy who was in their home earlier that day, a 'family friend', who took Shaylynn...the door to the home was left open, baby was sleeping in the lounge. That's the one that stands out for me, but I'm not as familiar with as many cases as a lot of the posters here.

Also, you might be interested in the UK documentary called Crocodile Tears, which should be found on YouTube, and I really need to re-watch that one, because when I saw that about a year ago it was like watching people doing magic to hear the analysis and how it fit.

(O/T, there is also a must watch documentary, I think it's on netflix, it is called "The Imposter", I highly, highly recommend it, it is about the disappearance of little Nicholas Barclay...amazing twists and turns you will not belieeeve, this documentary is amaaaazing, no spoilers....please check it out if you can, you guys won't be sorry.)

(O/T, there is also a must watch documentary, I think it's on netflix, it is called "The Imposter", I highly, highly recommend it, it is about the disappearance of little Nicholas Barclay...amazing twists and turns you will not belieeeve, this documentary is amaaaazing, no spoilers....please check it out if you can, you guys won't be sorry.)

I've watched this. Agreed, you won't be sorry. What a case, eh?

Were the children removed twice from Kristy's care? The documents indicate that the two youngest children were placed with bio dad when it was determined older child could not be around the two youngest children. Doesn't appear they were removed based on the belt incident.

OT, I give up! Constantly being redirected to a free walmant card or page is only shown have way! Has been this way on all of Mariah’s threads,,

Thinking of a possible scenario that could explain the little information out there.

For LE to be asking for anyone who had contact with the family in the days (plural) leading up to November 26th I think it means there is a possibility they think Mariah died earlier than that night, or she was at least absent from family gathering/s. If EK's family in Raleigh had confirmed they were all there and left for home together what possible reason could LE have for still doubting that this was correct, given that that in itself wouldn't preclude Mariah dying later that night.

Perhaps lividity (blood pooling fixed from 6 hours after death) confirmed an earlier death? I'm not sure with her being in the water for a week just how many of these indicators would still be apparent at autopsy. If it was still apparent, if say she had been lying in a curled up position after death with her blood pooling on the side she was lying, and then her body was found in the water lying face down, even if the water had moved her, this would be an inconsistency.

So getting back to the Sunday. It's possible;

if Mariah had already died some time earlier in the day or on a previous day,
the boys and EK are in Raleigh,
KW goes to pick them up and tells her brothers Mariah is back home being looked after by someone because she is not well,
they arrive home early evening
KW makes a pretence of feeding Mariah and talking to her in the bedroom,
boys go to bed,
boys later hear KW telling EK to get rid of her, they don't hear Mariah crying, maybe they hear EK and KW arguing and assume (next morning) it was EK shouting at Mariah, they guess one of them has hit her because they hear reference to getting rid of her so they assume she's been severely hurt, they don't know if she's dead, they hear discussion about Maple Hill when EK returns from stealing dressers (they can't sleep after what they heard),
boys hear the adults discussing what they will tell police, she woke up crying, KW asked EK to deal with her, and trying to make sense of the shouting they heard they think that really happened.
adults know the boys heard a commotion late at night and they are saying something that will fit with what boys might tell LE,
Grandfather thinks this all happened as soon as they got back from Raleigh because the boys say it wasn't long after they'd gone to bed and he's heard KW say 11pm is when Mariah cried.

So Earl leaves close to midnight to scout around for a place to dump Mariah where she will never be found.
He checks out the abandoned house, decides not to take her there but sees the dressers and as KW wanted some he uses the opportunity.
He returns home with the dressers and unloads them to the shed
He leaves at 3am with Mariah's body thinking it's late enough now that he won't be seen.

NOTE THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE. Please don't quote/use as fact. 'Boys' and 'they' is used to refer to either one, or both, of the boys.

Were the children removed twice from Kristy's care? The documents indicate that the two youngest children were placed with bio dad when it was determined older child could not be around the two youngest children. Doesn't appear they were removed based on the belt incident.
Good point!

Whoever gave the information for Mariah's obit did not include her oldest sibling (her half brother) as a survivor on the Legacy site. Of course, they didn't include the grandparents, either, but that seems like a major oversight to not include a sibling.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do we have proof he is a half sibling? I've spent time on the Onslow County website viewing records/documents. I saw KW and AW marriage, birth of all 3 children, first marriage, other children, etc. , property records/deeds.......... I can't find where he is a half sibling. K & A were shown as parents to all 3 children.

Do we have proof he is a half sibling? I've spent time on the Onslow County website viewing records/documents. I saw KW and AW marriage, birth of all 3 children, first marriage, other children, etc. , property records/deeds.......... I can't find where he is a half sibling. K & A were shown as parents to all 3 children.

Yes, there is an older son of AW. He lived mostly with his mother.

OT, I give up! Constantly being redirected to a free walmant card or page is only shown have way! Has been this way on all of Mariah’s threads,,

Same was happening to me. Make sure you are blocking pop ups and clear your history. Don't click on anything in the ad, just close out the window!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps the two incidents were related and everyone only talked about the belt part because they wanted to hide the other part.

A ten year old living in those circumstances would know which drugs were which, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had actually used them.

I work in Corrections and Addiction Recovery and you wouldn't believe how many people's first use was due to a parent providing and encouraging it.

Totally agree. Children exposed to those environments know so much more than they ever should and often times exhibit the same learned behaviors at a young age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave