Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to catch up. Is it known for sure that KW and Mariah stayed behind while EK took the boys to Raleigh? Are there any reports that KW and Mariah went to her mother's for the holiday? Is it possible that Mariah was already gravely injured and KW stayed with Mariah, unwilling to seek medical help because of the CPS history?
Nothing is known about it It's just puzzling that LE are asking for information.

Grandfather says they all returned home from Raleigh Sunday evening close to midnight, but just because he was told that doesn't make it factual.

On facebook KW posted that she was missing her family in Ky.

Re: The day care abuse hysteria. One of the biggest cases happened at Little Rascals Daycare in Edenton NC. Those who are not familiar with these cases need to go back and read up on the incidences. Innocence Lost. Thank You for the reminder!

JMO

I've heard heard of the case, thanks for mentioning it. How horrific for those children, being led to think they were hurt by the adults they trusted. I hope the kids were able to get proper therapy to reverse the damage done by the social workers and therapists.

Those two boys are victims in this nightmare as is their father. I'm not understanding what motivation they would have to lie about being subjected to molestation and physical abuse in that household while being interviewed after their little sister's murder.

I can't believe people are accusing this little boy of telling lies about this.

Did you find one longer the obituary posted on Legacy? :(

I looked on the funeral home's website and it was the same. I'm from a locale that usually puts quite a bit of effort into obits, if not lengthy, they'd at least name all siblings, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, pall bearers or honorary pall bearers, etc... and a particular like. So I was a little surprised there wasn't a little more. Possibly due to the circumstances? Idk. I'd think that would bring about a desire to add something more personal about her, but that's just my view from living where I live.

http://www.jonesfh.org/obituary?id=312572

I'm trying to catch up. Is it known for sure that KW and Mariah stayed behind while EK took the boys to Raleigh? Are there any reports that KW and Mariah went to her mother's for the holiday? Is it possible that Mariah was already gravely injured and KW stayed with Mariah, unwilling to seek medical help because of the CPS history?

I think I can answer

No confirmation
No confirmation
It's possible

We really don't know anything for sure <sigh>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe people are accusing this little boy of telling lies about this.

Again, no one is accusing the child of lying. If it upsets you to read a question or opinion, I suggest you use the ignore button.

Again, no one is accusing the child of lying. If it upsets you to read a question or opinion, I suggest you use the ignore button.
I feel dumb for not knowing but how do you use the ignore feature?

Good Afternoon,

This thread will be closing shortly and a new one opening up.

Please remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,
Tricia

Are you surprised that his parents have remained mum? No statement or anything? I think I am not as surprised that they haven't spoken to the media, but it almost seems to me they haven't helped LE much either. If the recently shared quote saying LE needs info on the family's whereabouts is current. Particularly odd given the Thanksgiving photo we've seen, I think.

I don't know anything about trial. Thanks for the insight. It will be intriguing, indeed.

Not surprised at all. They live two hours away, for one. Secondly, my parents would never get in front of cameras and discuss shame brought upon the family, by a family member, let alone their own child. Our family barely discusses any shame, brought upon the family, with each other. :shame: It is then discussed in hushed tones. Would my parents assist LE, to the best of their ability, in finding a lost child? Yes. It's quite possible that EK's parents do not know a thing, other than whether or not, Mariah and mom, were at their Thanksgiving Dinner. I'd say that they've discussed it with LE, and provided them with any photographic evidence they may have, if asked.

I feel dumb for not knowing but how do you use the ignore feature?

Click on name of user you wish to ignore, on their profile page there are 3 dots in upper left corner, click and you'll get option to ignore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We can agree to disagree. IMO, children are not born to lie, no more than they are born to see color. If brought up in a home where lying or hiding the truth is done by the adults for manipulation or retaliation, then possibly they will repeat the behavior. This is why so many children (and adults) do not speak out. Who is going to believe a child over an adult? Who is going to believe a woman over a man who assaults her (or vice versa)? I'll stop now because this thread is about Mariah. Her brothers deserve to live the life she never got to and I hope that by speaking up, now they will be heard.

Thank you for this. It really disturbs me, the amount of judgement going on here without facts, just feelings. I'm particularly disturbed by the willingness to out right believe a child about alleged sexual abuse. I've seen several ;posts along the lines of "if we can't believe a child who alleges sexual abuse then who can we believe?" Just because they are a child doesn't automatically make them truthful. A child is just as capable of telling a lie to get back at someone as any adult, a child is fully capable of falsely accusing someone for whatever. I've seen this one too many times, a person's life is tatters because a child lied about sexual abuse and the adults in their zeal to believe "a child" bought the entire story, only to be proven wrong. How many fathers are sitting in prison because their child (with the help of mom) accused dad of molestation and the police/jury sided with the child because "a child wouldn't lie." Want a larger example? The Day Care Sex Abuse hysteria of the 80's and 90's. Have we forgotten that the adults believed such nonsense as "we flew in a plane to an island where the man in the mask touched me and made me so sex things."

I'm sorry, I know it's a touchy subject for a lot of you but if we should be scrutinizing anyone who makes claims of sexual abuse, it's a child. Children are not the pure and innocent creatures we want to think they are.

OT, I give up! Constantly being redirected to a free walmant card or page is only shown have way! Has been this way on all of Mariah’s threads,,

Are you on your phone? I get the same thing when I'm not logged in, and just following the thread on Safari on my phone. It is SO frustrating! No matter how many times I close it out, it keeps resurrecting.

Have to start over and find my place repeatedly. I've found no way around it either and usually just give up.

If you're on your phone are you using Tapatalk? Don't know if you'd have the same problem with it or not. I've tried using Tapatalk but I guess I'm just too tech-challenged. Keep tapping the wrong things all the time.

The only tried and true is my home computer. Have no problem with it here.

Good luck! If you figure out any solution to it, please post it...

JMO

The dude in this story had already served time for importuning a minor, and other offenses, he should not have been walking around, as a free man, with two previous convictions, against children. Yes, the female is one sick puppy too, and the fact that they're cousins kinda makes one wonder what went on in their childhood, but he shouldn't have been free in the first place.

Whhhhhaaaattt?? EK and KW are cousins?? How did I miss this?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whhhhhaaaattt?? EK and KW are cousins?? How did I miss this?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems like it's a different case. Posters need to include O/T (off topic) at the beginning of their post when discussing other cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member