Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of the reasons I hate using initials. People often get them mixed up. I wish we'd just use first names. But I realize it's a WS thing that probably won't change. It just gets confusing, especially when there are a lot of initials to keep track of (like the Rhoden case, which I am lost in due to the use of initials every time I go back to it).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I always assumed it was so that the people being discussed wouldn't come up in a search. I'm probably wrong and have no idea where I got that idea :D

Yes, I somehow hit something that took me down a rabbit hole....LOL

I handed there laptop to my husband to read an old thread about Jeffrey McDonald, because we just watched the special on him last night.

Somehow when I got my lap top back, it was waaaaaaay different---like a totally different forum, lol

Interesting that you referenced that case. I was born on Ft Bragg and grew up in Fayetteville - Cumberland county NC. Ill have to go take a look at that thread

Mariah was the reason I joined WS, because the demographics of Jacksonville / Onslow county mirror what I grew up around, and I personally know many children that could have easily been Mariah.

Good points and actually, I agree with you. I don't think she's in a psych facility either.

I was just addressing a purely hypothetical situation.

However, I think most people would be surprised to find out just how common it is for those on the wrong side of LE to see the 'psych' option as a genuine 'get out of jail free card.'

They think they're the smartest people in the room and that somehow they're going to manage to be able to evade LE, and waltz right out the door at discharge.

The look of genuine shock on their faces when they see LE waiting for them, says it all...

JMO

I know someone that this exact scenario happened to, in NC. No one knew exactly where they were, until they were released form the hospital and LE arrest revealed the exact address of their arrest in another county. Within 2 weeks children were removed from their custody.

Unsure of the facilities that are available in or near Onslow county, so my guess is they would be somewhere like maybe Vidant in Greenville. The case I just referenced above happened in Fayetteville NC and the psychiatric facility was UNC-CH.

JMO

I have considered this and it's difficult to imagine she wouldn't have heard anything in that small of a living space.

I know it's not verified as fact, but in the AW/NG interview, it is said that Mariah had woken up crying and KW asked EK to deal with her. Even if anyone thinks that what KW said to EK about getting rid of her might not be true, I can't think why anyone would fabricate a detail that KW told EK to take care of a child who had woken up crying. The idea that she slept through the commotion of a death, her son being awake and aware his sister is seriously hurt but not involving her, so tiptoeing around and whispering with EK, a possible clean up, and all these comings and goings with dressers and a body disposal in a small trailer, then a conversation where the boy thinks he knows where she was taken, not where he thinks dressers came from, is too far fetched for me. We haven't heard she has a hearing problem or was on sleeping medication and I'm sure she would have been the first to tell the cameras there was a reason she never heard anything, she wasn't shy of saying she'd had her tubes tied and burnt.

I can't see a reason for her having a gut feeling about EK but not saying anything, particularly after what someone else was (allegedly) telling her father had happened, and if it is true that she was living there too. That explanation needs a lot of things lining up that fly in the face of reason IMO.

I agree that it would be damn-near impossible to not hear anything going on. My grandma lived in a trailer, similar layout to what I’ve seen posted here.
The place would literally shake if you closed the door.
Also, if the crying child was able to wake the sleeping parent, you bet your arce that she would have awoke if there was a disturbance.
Seriously, if my husband hears a bug fart at night he’s got a weapon in hand and will search the house. It’s a natural reaction when you hear a “bump in the night” to get up and investigate. Just MOO [emoji230]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. MOO, but KW was likely the woman the sheriff referenced to as having the long conversation with and wanting to return Mariah to her. So I believe she did know where EK had taken. Maybe she thought she would have drifted away, hence the "she could be anywhere" statement. I just can't imagine her not wanting to know where he had taken Mariah and not asking him. Waiting for any charges at all, but concealing her death seems an obvious one to me. MOO

I hope this is allowed. IMO if it is true that the boys were removed from grandmas house because KW had contact with them, maybe the boys told grammy what they knew and then she questioned her daughter. When she got caught breaking the rules, maybe she told them everything she knew. I really don't see KW saying one word about Mariah.

Unsure of the facilities that are available in or near Onslow county, so my guess is they would be somewhere like maybe Vidant in Greenville. The case I just referenced above happened in Fayetteville NC and the psychiatric facility was UNC-CH.

JMO

The closest facility is likely Brynn Marr. Not sure that it is relevant, but it is there in Jacksonville.

https://www.brynnmarr.org

I agree. MOO, but KW was likely the woman the sheriff referenced to as having the long conversation with and wanting to return Mariah to her. So I believe she did know where EK had taken. Maybe she thought she would have drifted away, hence the "she could be anywhere" statement. I just can't imagine her not wanting to know where he had taken Mariah and not asking him. Waiting for any charges at all, but concealing her death seems an obvious one to me. MOO
Tie that in with her appeals and she knew Mariah was dead too, IMO.

Some may not have thought she knew Mariah was dead from her words, but in hindsight? I think it's obvious she was talking about a dead child, just from the absence of any signs of panic, and not once uttering a word about what Mariah was experiencing. She was only thinking of her tubes and wanting people to know she could not sleep. What about little toddler Mariah, crying for her, being trafficked, being scared, not being looked after, being cold, hungry, hurt, alone wandering in the cold or dark. All these things a mother wouldn't be able to suppress, it would be written on her (made-up) face even if she didn't voice it.

IMO

Listening to Nancy Grace recently, she brought up the idea that the choice of disposal site may have been because there were known to be alligators in that area. It made me wonder why the water.

Did I hear a neighbor finally came out and said that the mom never went to her house to ask if she had seen the child the day they reported her missing? If this is true then that pretty much proves in my book that the adults in that home knew what happened to the child and where she was located...smh

Whaaaaat? I missed that.

Tie that in with her appeals and she knew Mariah was dead too, IMO.

Some may not have thought she knew Mariah was dead from her words, but in hindsight? I think it's obvious she was talking about a dead child, just from the absence of any signs of panic, and not once uttering a word about what Mariah was experiencing. She was only thinking of her tubes and wanting people to know she could not sleep. What about little toddler Mariah, crying for her, being trafficked, being scared, not being looked after, being cold, hungry, hurt, alone wandering in the cold or dark. All these things a mother wouldn't be able to suppress, it would be written on her (made-up) face even if she didn't voice it.

IMO

The mother gave multiple pleas, yes? 1, 2 or 3? I think I've been mashing up at least two pleas in my thoughts.

I think I only read a transcription of the first plea where she apparently keeps looking up after select phrases, then down after saying (paraphrasing) "loved her to death". She referred to her as her angel here, yes?

Is it a second plea/interview where she speaks of her tubal? If so, as explanation for referring to Mariah as an "angel"?

If she's capable of masterminding the cover-up (if we take the leap that her telling EK to check on Mariah was really her telling EK to "take care of it" ie a dead baby), then maybe she thought she would have an answer for everything.

In my wild imagination I wonder if she followed true crime and felt, like we all do, that idiot criminals get away with horrendous crimes all the time. Maybe, in my wild imagination, she thought she could keep everyone out of trouble. I'm getting too speculative. I'd like to think this is a special spot where they left her. In my wild imagination I wonder if the mother jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak, from husband to boyfriend. But then I remember the SA allegations and the belt allegations and I feel sick and don't want to give anyone an inch.

Poor Mariah keeps me coming back here and reading and no one else could understand. Sorry if my speculative post got too far off track. Poor baby.

I would be interested in seeing the mothers pleas (transcription is awesome, often hard to watch videos) in chronological order.

I am not putting as much weight into AW statements about what KW dad supposedly said regarding what happened to Mariah in the NG interview and I am not drawing the conclusion that the son is the one he is referring to that told grandpa anything that some are. This interview was done after Mariah was found and AW is angry rightly so. He also states in the interview that it could even be KW that killed Mariah, yet in his court documents there is not one allegation from him that KW physically was harming the children, even the statement regarding the son not wanting to go home because mom was mean and doesn't pay attention to us - the son didn't say didn't want to go home because mom hurts us.

Until the cause of death is released we do not know if Mariah cried or there was a loud commotion. I can very easily see a mom asleep, EK comes crawling in bed at 3:30 am she wakes up and he uses excuse that he was out stealing dressers, if she was use to him leaving at night or coming to bed at strange hours it would not of phased her one bit if she heard the door she would just think it was him going out and wouldn't of gotten up to check. Now if Mariah cried that would be a different thing and I would expect her to wake up and go check. We also don't know what she told LE right away with regard to EK.

It may very well turn out that KW was involved or knew what happened, I just can't reach that conclusion yet based on AW statements just too many holes and timing of interview for me to make it work. Once the holes are filled in I may think completely differently about it all.

The mother gave multiple pleas, yes? 1, 2 or 3? I think I've been mashing up at least two pleas in my thoughts.

I think I only read a transcription of the first plea where she apparently keeps looking up after select phrases, then down after saying (paraphrasing) "loved her to death". She referred to her as her angel here, yes?

Is it a second plea/interview where she speaks of her tubal? If so, as explanation for referring to Mariah as an "angel"?

If she's capable of masterminding the cover-up (if we take the leap that her telling EK to check on Mariah was really her telling EK to "take care of it" ie a dead baby), then maybe she thought she would have an answer for everything.

In my wild imagination I wonder if she followed true crime and felt, like we all do, that idiot criminals get away with horrendous crimes all the time. Maybe, in my wild imagination, she thought she could keep everyone out of trouble. I'm getting too speculative. I'd like to think this is a special spot where they left her. Maybe she loved the water (bath time even). In my wild imagination I wonder if she jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak, from husband to boyfriend. But then I remember the SA allegations and the belt allegations and I feel sick and don't want to give anyone an inch.

Poor Mariah keeps me coming back here and reading and no one else could understand. Sorry if my speculative post got too far off track. Poor baby.

I would be interested in seeing the mothers pleas (transcription is awesome, often hard to watch videos) in chronological order.

I've seen these two -

https://news.sky.com/video/mother-makes-emotional-plea-for-missing-mariah-woods-11147835

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ae-CsOWLU

In my wild imagination I wonder if she followed true crime and felt, like we all do, that idiot criminals get away with horrendous crimes all the time. Maybe, in my wild imagination, she thought she could keep everyone out of trouble. I'm getting too speculative. I'd like to think this is a special spot where they left her. In my wild imagination I wonder if the mother jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak, from husband to boyfriend. But then I remember the SA allegations and the belt allegations and I feel sick and don't want to give anyone an inch.

This is one of KW pleas - https://www.facebook.com/WFLANewsChannel8/videos/10159856061315500/

Uh oh! Something just ran thru my mind. With KW knowing her son had been SA, supposed to be monitored around other children (Mariah being one), allegations of Mariah having been SA by EK, nobody working in that household, do you think they might have been filming and selling child *advertiser censored*? Makes me sick to think about, but ..........

Uh oh! Something just ran thru my mind. With KW knowing her son had been SA, supposed to be monitored around other children (Mariah being one), allegations of Mariah having been SA by EK, nobody working in that household, do you think they might have been filming and selling child *advertiser censored*? Makes me sick to think about, but ..........

I have wondered the same exact thing from the beginning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that you referenced that case. I was born on Ft Bragg and grew up in Fayetteville - Cumberland county NC. Ill have to go take a look at that thread

Mariah was the reason I joined WS, because the demographics of Jacksonville / Onslow county mirror what I grew up around, and I personally know many children that could have easily been Mariah.

Here is that thread, in case you had trouble locating it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Bragg-1970-Jeffrey-MacDonald-innocent/page98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998