NC - McKenzie Sessoms, 11, murdered, Salemburg, 6 Sept 2013 *suspect in custody*

Thinking of you Mckenzie at Christmas. I am sorry you are not here to decorate a tree or sing Christmas songs. I picture you in a santa hat smiling with your friends. I give you a hug in my heart.

I do not know how to post a map but I think this Justice Academy is down the road from where Mckenzie lived and died.Unbelievable! Here I was thinking this was a rinky dink county that had no means to do an investigation.

The Justice Academy is 1.7 miles from Hairr Lane, the street where the her house is.

My husband and I took a little drive today.It is a very small town but the Justice Academy is huge and a main focal point in the town.There is only 1 place to eat,a little diner we planned to stop at and as soon as we pulled up at 4:30 they were locking the doors.There are 2 big signs leading into and out of town saying they close at 9pm,the lady I spoke to said they closed today at 3:00.So no chatting with locals,maybe next trip.Hairr Ln. is private and that is all I am saying on here.The Justice Academy looked closed for the holidays not many people around because of the holidays.Clinton is the closest town so I think that is were everyone goes to shop and eat.The sheriff's office is in Clinton also. I wanted to visit the cemetary but we ran out of daylight.
I sent an e-mail to another reporter,channel 17.It was worded more strongly than the others. I have no idea what I am doing but I am compelled because this could have been me when I was growing up.

Bless your heart, cuffem -- I appreciate your tale of the trip -- and my imagination doesn't have to work very hard to imagine what Hairr Lane might look like. All towns have their Hairr Lanes, and some towns have more than just a street or two.

We still wonder how that little girl wound up in that living situation -- could it have been better than where she was previous to that? We may never know.

Thanks for writing the letter to the Channel 17 folks. Maybe it'll strike a nerve... Something's gotta give here, folks...

At least our little girl is away from dirt, danger and disappointment now. But her killer needs justice just as much as she does. Grrrrr.

I think about McKenzie every day. I can't stand that no one has been arrested. To me, it implies that LE has hit a SNAFU. I'm so hoping I am wrong. But how else can this be explained? It has been almost 3 months!

cuffem, thanks for taking us along on your visit. It seems her father's family may have been there for a while which leads me to wonder if she & her mom had ever lived there before. There are so many unanswered questions. How does life return to normal so quickly after a tragedy in a small town?

I just want to scream, "Somebody DO something!!!!!" A child is dead & a murderer is walking free.

A true story: My DH's folks had a place at the beach which was located just across the street from the recently-retired Chief of Police of Raleigh, NC (where we live). I was talking to the chief about an unsolved case that he mentioned -- a grad student at NC State Univ (my & hubby's alma mater) was found dead just across the street from the university. The Raleigh Police Dept. knew that her hubby had killed her, but they couldn't get enuff proof to take to the DA for a Grand Jury, etc., etc. I asked him generally "How do you solve cases like this?" and his answer was just two words: "People talk." (That case is ~ 20+ years old & still unsolved.)

All that, to say this -- If something bad happened to that little girl while a party was going on -- giving her drugs or alcohol & she od'ed; or she screamed when some man was hurting her & he strangled her to quiet her & strangled her just a little (grrrrr) too long he asphyxiated her; same scene but some one panicked & hit her just a little (grrrrr) too hard & she died from a blow to her head; they were playing the pass-out (asphyxiation) game and she died from that; etc., etc. If this is the case, there s/be a bunch of scared guyz running around. But surely there is one or two who were there who had nothing to do with it & are scared as heck. Wouldn't one of them go to LE?

Or, and this is what the Chief really meant in general, I think, that someone at the party might brag about being there & tell some stuff, and that person or the one he tells ought to go flying to a phone or find a LEO. Why hasn't that happened yet? Or are her father & brothers just so mean that folks are scared of them?

Even though the sheriff's office is in another town, there has to be LEO's patrolling the town from time to town. It can't be that hard for someone to tell.

I went back to the WRAL story when this first came out -- the day I put it on WS -- and Bryan Mims mentioned that one teacher had heard sirens that morning on her way to work & when McKenzie didn't show up for school, the teach was very fearful. That bothers me -- why would she have connected the two so quickly that morning? Makes me shake.

This is the damnedest thing I have ever seen. It makes me wanna holler, and get in a dadgum car & go down there & just start screaming.

please forgive this ramble...

A true story: My DH's folks had a place at the beach which was located just across the street from the recently-retired Chief of Police of Raleigh, NC (where we live). I was talking to the chief about an unsolved case that he mentioned -- a grad student at NC State Univ (my & hubby's alma mater) was found dead just across the street from the university. The Raleigh Police Dept. knew that her hubby had killed her, but they couldn't get enuff proof to take to the DA for a Grand Jury, etc., etc. I asked him generally "How do you solve cases like this?" and his answer was just two words: "People talk." (That case is ~ 20+ years old & still unsolved.)
This is the damnedest thing I have ever seen. It makes me wanna holler, and get in a dadgum car & go down there & just start screaming.

Pick me up, we can go to Hairr Ln and have a scream-fest! I betcha $1 some, if not all of the family members, have left that residence. Scaredy-cats probably went to another county.

And yes, I bet you're right that the witnesses are afraid. And what does that tell you if they're afraid? Maybe that whoever id this is a "bad seed" with a history and reputation, perhaps.

But the DNA should nail this case. I just can't believe the killer(s) were smart enough to muck up the DNA evidence intentionally to thwart LE. No way...

http://www.wncn.com/story/23490019/sampson-county-sheriff-says-11-year-old-was-killed
This video shows the boarded fenced place at the end of the street.I am not sure how much I can post.This street is only for the place at the end. It is dirt and huge huge pot holes.The mobile homes to the right must have an entrance on the next road.It is vacant open area to the left.The homes on the right are treeless and chain linked ,you can see into all the yards that are backed up to each other. Very different than the place at the end very closed up,lots trees and bush.

Pick me up, we can go to Hairr Ln and have a scream-fest! I betcha $1 some, if not all of the family members, have left that residence. Scaredy-cats probably went to another county.

And yes, I bet you're right that the witnesses are afraid. And what does that tell you if they're afraid? Maybe that whoever id this is a "bad seed" with a history and reputation, perhaps.

But the DNA should nail this case. I just can't believe the killer(s) were smart enough to muck up the DNA evidence intentionally to thwart LE. No way...

Ladies I do not recommend going to Hairr ln. it is private.North Cakalakians in small towns might shoot tresspassers. Strangers will stick out like a sore thumb,Clinton is bigger and that is where the Sampson county sheriff 's office is located.I am going to hound every reporter til one of them steps up.

Maybe one of the LEOs is in on it or was at the party? Or some influential "citizen," perhaps. Small towns can be very clique-ish. Horrible & maddening thought, but...something must be rotten in that little town.

I have been thinking this also,maybe someones son.I am trying to be patient but I am worried there is a problem with the investigation.There has to be rumors going around in a small town.People have to be whispering a persons name.

The Justice Academy is 1.7 miles from Hairr Lane, the street where the her house is.

It's a small place, there was a party, young-ish people.... Perhaps there were some guests at the party who attended the academy? Seems far fetched...but how do you explain the delay? The ex-medical examiner wasn't the one who did her autopsy... so maybe no dna? Maybe dna is that of family but is of casual nature? The couch would have everyones' hair and skin cells on it...:banghead:

It's a small place, there was a party, young-ish people.... Perhaps there were some guests at the party who attended the academy? Seems far fetched...but how do you explain the delay? The ex-medical examiner wasn't the one who did her autopsy... so maybe no dna? Maybe dna is that of family but is of casual nature? The couch would have everyones' hair and skin cells on it...:banghead:

Good point about the Justice Academy.I wonder what the sheriff really meant by "rowdy gathering"? If it was a party why not just say party?Could it mean fighting?

http://www.wncn.com/story/23490019/sampson-county-sheriff-says-11-year-old-was-killed
This video shows the boarded fenced place at the end of the street.I am not sure how much I can post.This street is only for the place at the end. It is dirt and huge huge pot holes.The mobile homes to the right must have an entrance on the next road.It is vacant open area to the left.The homes on the right are treeless and chain linked ,you can see into all the yards that are backed up to each other. Very different than the place at the end very closed up,lots trees and bush.

Thank you to borndem for telling me of the link on the first page with better footage of property.I missed it somehow.You can't see much from were I was.

When you look at the WRAL video of the property, it looks like there is a big barn in one area. Could these folks be into something that is being investigated? If so, maybe there is a state or federal investigation going on. (Far-fetched, yes, but w/out any info, minds wander.) If the residents are under the microscope for this, then that investigation may be trumping the one having to do with McKenzie's death... Just a wild, out-of-the-blue speculation.

I keep wondering how many people are involved with this crime? How many perpetrators and how many involved in covering it up? I have a strong feeling there are multiple people involved. And if family members are complicit in a cover-up, isn't that the ultimate betrayal of little McKenzie?

I keep wondering how many people are involved with this crime? How many perpetrators and how many involved in covering it up? I have a strong feeling there are multiple people involved. And if family members are complicit in a cover-up, isn't that the ultimate betrayal of little McKenzie?

We need to be careful here,we don't want this thread to be closed.Nobody has been named in media and family members are victims also at this point.Sorry boodles not scolding you,I am still new and cautious about posting.There is alot I would like to post but we have to go by tos.

Someone refresh my memory. Was she found on the couch or in her bed (did she even have a room with a bed)? Was the couch/bed where she was found taken at the time or did they leave it because they didn't know it was a homicide until later? This case is so heartbreaking.

Good question about the couch! I do not recall reading that it was secured for evidence & the statement that she had been molested came long after her death. McKenzie's dad found her dead on the couch when he went to awaken her for school the morning after that "man party". We do not know if she had a room & bed of her own.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back