NC - McKenzie Sessoms, 11, murdered, Salemburg, 6 Sept 2013 *suspect in custody*

I wonder why the move to Franklin Co. And how recent? Hope the confession holds up,family says he was questioned without an adult.Family seems to be in protective mode and most likely will lawyer up and fight this.You can bet I will be there. So dna was taken by party goers,why could they not tell us that?
Please pardon my multiple posts,I am going nuts over here.

From one of the articles posted above:

Recently, Jones moved to Franklin County to be with his mother, and it's there where authorities arrested him, which sparked pain for now a second family in the horrible tragedy.

"He's just as sweet as he can be," said family friend Rhonda Wright. "Trey is being accused of terrible, terrible things that I just don't see him mentally capable of doing at all."

Howard Jones, the suspect's grandfather, identified him as Antonio Trey Jones, who turned 15-years-old on Thursday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9530273

Look at the comment from family member, under that article.

Thanks popsicle,mmm! Not sure what I am allowed to say about that except this will be his defense.To me it is an excuse and Mckenzie could not get the justice she deserves.

Thanks popsicle,mmm! Not sure what I am allowed to say about that except this will be his defense.To me it is an excuse and Mckenzie could not get the justice she deserves.

A family member being glad they got him, could be his defense? I'm sorry friend, I don't follow? Nothing new there though! :floorlaugh:

I don't know what I can say here but comments in MSM and social media indicate the kid has "issues" (my word, not theirs). The WTVD abclocal link says:

""He's just as sweet as he can be," said family friend Rhonda Wright. "Trey is being accused of terrible, terrible things that I just don't see him mentally capable of doing at all."....She said Wednesday that Jones is in special education. Though a teenager, but has the mind of a younger child, and has epilepsy."

By the way, he's 15 now per WTVD: "Howard Jones, the suspect's grandfather, identified him as Antonio Trey Jones, who turned 15-years-old on Thursday."

But in the comments under the article is a post from someone who calls himself a " family member." The comments are a must read. Things are already getting uglier than they started as, which was pretty ugly.

I thought I'd feel better when they arrested someone for this child's murder. But IDK, I might actually feel worse, IYKWIM.

A family member being glad they got him, could be his defense? I'm sorry friend, I don't follow? Nothing new there though!

Read further down Tulessa... I think cuffem was referring to a post from "Family Member" Also other interesting comments from "McKenzie Family member" and another follow-up.

I don't know what I can say here but comments in MSM and social media indicate the kid has "issues" (my word, not theirs). The WTVD abclocal link says:

""He's just as sweet as he can be,"
RSBM

I've heard that said before...about other perps.
I also do not like epilepsy as an excuse; one of our close friends has occasional bouts with it--- and although he is a good person who understands right from wrong , if he were to commit a crime, that illness would not be an excuse.
:moo:

OMG ARREST!! Just flashed on news!

Juvenile arrested, under 16! Being held in a detention center in New Hanover county.

They won't release his name at this time because he's a minor. More brief posts here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sampson-Weekly/186422604782054
http://www.clintonnc.com/news/break...rrest-made-in-Sburg-childs-death#.U2pdQtq9KK0

Yippee!!

We just got back from the coast & still had probs there with our internet service -- but I did see this email (Thank you, Boodles!!) & I jumped up & down. So LE had something in mind for a while, seems to me. And 14 years old? WTH??

We may not get many details about him since he is legally a minor -- BUT IMO, he committed adult crimes, now didn't he? Did he live in the neighborhood & just came on over to the party?

Well, now on to chapter two of this story, I guess.

I hope LE's info is solid as a rock. She deserves justice, and the killer deserves the same.
icon8.gif

Hooray, Sleuths, hooray!!

10311074_614274178663559_6346855862690986807_n.jpg

ETA: Just had to add this sweet picture of McKenzie -- oh, that sweet, sweet smile, and the dreaminess that so many young girls/women have at that age. Dreams of becoming an actress, the Cinderella story, of being a championship horsewoman; being named "Teacher of the Year" or "Nurse of the Year," of having a nice little family with a good man at her side, etc., etc.

Another family member said Trey had spoken in a vulgar way to McKenzie and had been banned from the girl's home.

SNIP

"He's just as sweet as he can be," said family friend Rhonda Wright. "Trey is being accused of terrible, terrible things that I just don't see him mentally capable of doing at all."

Wright is a close family friend, who described herself as like an aunt to Jones.

She said Wednesday that Jones is in special education. Though a teenager, but has the mind of a younger child, and has epilepsy.

Wright said when Jones came home from school Monday Sampson County detectives interrogated him for more than three hours without an adult.

"He told his mother yesterday they confused him," said Wright. "He was very confused. He said they turned some things around that he said."

Following that interview, Wright says Jones became upset -- repeating he didn't do it, and threatening to hurt himself.

The Sampson County sheriff said they have DNA evidence linking Jones to the crime. It's evidence his family plans to fight as he heads to arraignment.

popsicle, I cannot thank you enough for the heads up to the comments beneath the article. If that info is correct then this may be one of the most awful cases I have followed in a while.

Just horrible. If true, then I will never be able to imagine what true justice looks like to me on this one.

I assumed the dad was home, but actually all we know for sure is that he was the one to try waking her up in the morning.

But it sounds like, and I am speculating based on the WTVD article, the kid snuck in in the night because he lived next door and had supposedly been banned from McKenzie's house. Which is pretty bold since the father and brother were both there. Very strange. I hope they have solid DNA evidence.

bbm
You said it Boodles! And, I hope they obtained the sample from him in a solid, legal way. DNA doesn't lie, but I'm sure that his atty will fight how ever LE obtained, no matter how or what.

I never suspected a minor as the perp.The Sampson Sheriffs office sure kept a lid on this and has taught me to be more patient with an investigation but it is hard to do when a childs rape and murder are involved. I have an overwhelming need to cry right now and cant wait to be back home. There is a six hour difference but I will try to come back on later to be with all of you.Justice for Mckenzie!

:cheer:Cuffem, :cheer: you have been a super-champion for this sweet little girl -- from the beginning. You have been wonderful in your energy, drive and push for justice for a little girl none of us knew. Thanks:tyou: for all you have done for us here and for McKenzie -- you're a great example of a Good :websleuther:WebSleuth! :grouphug:

:rose:

I wonder why the move to Franklin Co. And how recent? Hope the confession holds up,family says he was questioned without an adult.Family seems to be in protective mode and most likely will lawyer up and fight this.You can bet I will be there. So dna was taken by party goers,why could they not tell us that?
Please pardon my multiple posts,I am going nuts over here.

bbm
Oh, yes, cuffem -- very, very disturbing, if it is true -- What was LE thinking? Did the suspect want to talk? Is he competent enuff to waive his rights to representation & the presence of his parents? Was there someone there as ombudsman or guardian? Ohhh, this bothers me.
icon9.gif

It may have taken so long to solve, and be such a disturbing back story, but the arrest has made the mainstream news in Australia and probably many other countries. Let us hope that something is learned from this tragedy.

:cheer:Cuffem, :cheer: you have been a super-champion for this sweet little girl -- from the beginning. You have been wonderful in your energy, drive and push for justice for a little girl none of us knew. Thanks:tyou: for all you have done for us here and for McKenzie -- you're a great example of a Good :websleuther:WebSleuth! :grouphug:

:rose:

It is hard to feel good about this arrest.I should have some compassion for a child who is possibly mentally challenged,but I dont. I think people knew this kid was not right and that is why the father banned him from the home.

I have typed several different posts and the gone back and deleted some and eventually all of them.

My heart breaks. But I also am conscious of him sneaking in. He knew better. I recall in one of the articles reading that he was banned because of making lude (was that the word used or was it vulgar?) remarks to her.

He snuck in. When it was done and she was dead, he snuck out. Consciousness of guilt? Of WRONGdoing?

This one has me all twisted.

I want to see a recent pic of the kid.The picture they are showing looks like a small boy,he must have grown alot in the last 2 years to be able to overpower her.He may have a learning disability but he knew he was not allowed to be at her house,he knew to sneak or break in,he knew to quiet her and sneak out.He knew to not tell anyone or did he? Did he or someone know to move from area.
Mods remove if against TOS.

I sure hope we don't have another Cameo Pettaway here.....

Another family member said Trey had spoken in a vulgar way to McKenzie and had been banned from the girl's home.

SNIP

Wright is a close family friend, who described herself as like an aunt to Jones.

She said Wednesday that Jones is in special education. Though a teenager, but has the mind of a younger child, and has epilepsy.

Wright said when Jones came home from school Monday Sampson County detectives interrogated him for more than three hours without an adult.

"He told his mother yesterday they confused him," said Wright. "He was very confused. He said they turned some things around that he said."

Following that interview, Wright says Jones became upset -- repeating he didn't do it, and threatening to hurt himself.

The Sampson County sheriff said they have DNA evidence linking Jones to the crime. It's evidence his family plans to fight as he heads to arraignment.

popsicle, I cannot thank you enough for the heads up to the comments beneath the article. If that info is correct then this may be one of the most awful cases I have followed in a while.

Just horrible. If true, then I will never be able to imagine what true justice looks like to me on this one.

bbm

Where did this questioning occur? At his home? At the Sheriff's Dept? If it occurred at home, was a parent/grandparent/other adult present? If at the SD, did no one go there with him? Was he alone when he was arrested? Would his consent to answer questions be legit if he had no adult/legal representation? We need more answers -- but I'm afraid we'll never get 'em -- or maybe they will come out in the trial -- if there is one. A plea? Is the County DA capable and sharp?

I just hope that LE was extra-careful about the questioning and getting a sample of his DNA. A good defense atty is going to start with that and be relentless, IMO. <smh>

I have no experience in trials involving a minor -- what kind of sentences are they allowed to give?I'll try to do a bit of research in the NCGS. Will he be released when he is 18 y/o? I've seen that before in MSM.

I don't like any of this so far.... I worry, I worry.
icon9.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back