Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

It is sad to hear this but at least it shows it is being worked on and is an active investigation. I think most of us suspected this all along.

I am unclear on whether the children are still with the ex? I hope not. However, if he is not named as a suspect or POI, I imagine they would have to remain in his custody? There are hints of domestic abuse and I hope the children can be removed.

I hope justice results for Moni and that she is found.

Jmo.
It's been said they are now with Moni's Mom.

Family statement

Moynan's mother sent the following statement to ABC11 on Thursday: "Monica was a wonderful warm free spirited strong minded hard working mother. Her children were her life and she was very close with her family. She had just recently created and began her own business making elderberry syrup called Moni's magic and she worked diligently on this and was passionate about it. She also had big plans that were about to come to fruition - she had signed up and paid for a Doula training course that she was extremely excited to begin in late April. Monica was a dedicated and passionate single mom striving to build a great life for her and her children and was quite determined to do this!

The HSPD has an amazing team that have worked around the clock on this case and we are so grateful to them! We remain confident the the person responsible for Monica's death will absolutely be brought to justice."

Warrants: Ex-boyfriend of Holly Springs woman texted people pretending to be her after she went missing

Family statement

Moynan's mother sent the following statement to ABC11 on Thursday: "Monica was a wonderful warm free spirited strong minded hard working mother. Her children were her life and she was very close with her family. She had just recently created and began her own business making elderberry syrup called Moni's magic and she worked diligently on this and was passionate about it. She also had big plans that were about to come to fruition - she had signed up and paid for a Doula training course that she was extremely excited to begin in late April. Monica was a dedicated and passionate single mom striving to build a great life for her and her children and was quite determined to do this!

The HSPD has an amazing team that have worked around the clock on this case and we are so grateful to them! We remain confident the the person responsible for Monica's death will absolutely be brought to justice."
Warrants: Ex-boyfriend of Holly Springs woman texted people pretending to be her after she went missing
Ugh my heart just broke even more... this world has lost such a beautiful soul, and what a wonderful mother... incomprehensible is indeed a good way to describe this tragedy and horror. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about her and the garbage that took her life away... such a travesty that she is gone yet he remains... can’t wait for justice, I am so happy at these announcements that this case will be proceeding...
:(

I don’t understand the timeline. I get it that the bf (or ex, not sure what he was) texted and posted as though he was her. But for her to not speak or see her mom, sister or stepfather for 5 or 6 months seems so odd. They live within an hour of each other. How could they not have spoken for so long and when did Holly Springs PD declare her missing? When was she reported missing?

I don’t understand the timeline. I get it that the bf (or ex, not sure what he was) texted and posted as though he was her. But for her to not speak or see her mom, sister or stepfather for 5 or 6 months seems so odd. They live within an hour of each other. How could they not have spoken for so long and when did Holly Springs PD declare her missing? When was she reported missing?

It was around 3 1/2 months that Moni's family did not see her. Who knows what BS stated in those texts and fb messages while pretending to be Moni (his initials are telling). I expect after there is an arrest, we will learn more details. Check out the story at the link below. I think it will answer some of your questions.

Family statement

(Bolded By Me^) I hear Moni’s mom loud and clear! 1. She wants the world to know the truth about who Moni was, and not have her legacy tarnished by lies.
2. She is offering very specific details to discredit a “story.”

#justiceforMoni

(Bolded By Me^) I hear Moni’s mom loud and clear! 1. She wants the world to know the truth about who Moni was, and not have her legacy tarnished by lies.
2. She is offering very specific details to discredit a “story.”

#justiceforMoni
Moni was leaving old things which were unhealthy, behind. She was making a future for herself and her daughters. In DV situations, this is a very dangerous time for the abused party. Control is the name of the game, once the abuser perceives that is being lost ...

Waiting for justice, its coming!

Off topic but I just want to share that in my dream last night I tracked him down and went to his work... he was charismatic and boisterous in my dream and I hated it. And him.

Justice!

I've been following this case for a while and I feel so bad for the family and in particular her children. I was hoping against the odds that she would be found safe and in a way this latest news implies that justice is coming but at the same time it means that her two beautiful little girls will grow up without their mother. What a nightmare for her family!

Moni’s mom would like to thank everyone for the love and etiquette you have shown in this tragic situation. Some here have questioned if her children were safe, and she wanted you to know both are with Moni’s parents and thriving.

They are details I’ve not seen here that I’ll share articles with more information. The most up to date is from the News and Observer last night.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article235974187.html

*modsnip*

Once you’ve read the N&O article, anyone want to weigh in on the Thanksgiving 2018 case - Kelsey Berreth/Patrick Frazee/Krystal Kenney similarities, i.e. sending texts and moving phone so loved ones thinks she’s okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moni’s mom would like to thank everyone for the love and etiquette you have shown in this tragic situation. Some here have questioned if her children were safe, and she wanted you to know both are with Moni’s parents and thriving.

They are details I’ve not seen here that I’ll share articles with more information. The most up to date is from the News and Observer last night.

Thank you for passing on her words! As a local, this case has hit me hard. I wish I had somehow crossed paths with Moni and been able to take her under my wing or offer protection somehow.

Continued thoughts and prayers for her family.

New Details
Moynan’s ex-boyfriend was last seen at the apartment with their two children by the apartment’s management July 23, according to the warrants. When police went to check on Moynan, the apartment was empty and her car was not there, the warrants said.

The apartment’s management said Moynan was in the process of getting evicted for violating her rental agreement, according to the warrants.

His ex-wife admitted calling Moynan’s apartment management from Moynan’s phone pretending to be her, the warrants say. Police applied for a search warrant for the ex-wife’s phone records.

So he moved Moni's furnishings out of the apartment? Evicted for not paying the rent I would imagine. In the journal entries we posted upstream, Moni wrote something about the ex-wife also. Now I need to go back and re-read them. Glad LE got her phone records, now I'm wondering if she played a role in the cover-up.

I've been following this case for a while and I feel so bad for the family and in particular her children. I was hoping against the odds that she would be found safe and in a way this latest news implies that justice is coming but at the same time it means that her two beautiful little girls will grow up without their mother. What a nightmare for her family!

Welcome to WS. Like you we all hoped for a good ending :(

Welcome and thank you for the article, there were new details.

Please express our deepest sympathy to Moni's family.

I'd like to see the search warrants, CBS17 directly quoted from them so I know they are out there.

I was shocked by the allegations made by the father of Moni's children. MOO, given the fact he had her phone; the text message sent with a picture of the girls and "I can't do this anymore", is a flat out LIE. He sent that message to cover up a murder. Then he slanders Moni by saying she is a heroin addict. I'll never believe that. In addition, he can't bring himself to tell her Mom? That's because he knew she would see through the LIE.

My heart is very heavy, prayers for her family as the truth of what happened to Moni unfolds.
So many similarities to Kelsey Berreth's case.

My heart goes out to her family and friends. I hope she is found soon- nothing worse for a grieving family to hear this news and have their loved one out there somewhere, waiting to be found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back