Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

Wow -- I just saw this on WRAL online -- almost in my backyard, but not quite. My home in Raleigh is about 25 miles from little Holly Springs... Holly Springs is here in Wake County; as of the 2010 census, the town population was 24,661, over 2½ times its population in 2000; as of 2017, the population was 35,223. An obviously growing area, with many young professional families coming to the area. New homes, schools and businesses, and it still has an attractive small-town charm. It is about 21 miles to the Research Triangle Park. Farming is also a part of this area -- that's essentially what the area was 50 years ago -- good farmland.
------------------
Sluss look like a real winner, huh? What a scary look he has, but that should mean nothing, of course.
Sounds very bad for her, her babies and her family. Prayers and thoughts for all of them.
And a pregnancy. The kiss of death in some cases. How many times have we seen this as a lead-in to murder? Can't count 'em on two hands. Oh, my.
Saddening and maddening.

I found this information (see link) about an individual who appears to have the same name as the individual in the notice to the apartment complex residents. It appears this individual was arrested for DV related issues and violating a restraining order. I am not sure how reliable the source is, but thought it might be worth a share.
SLUSS,BRIAN EDWARD Mugshot, Wake County, North Carolina - 2017-01-11 02:00:00
SLUSS,BRIAN EDWARD Mugshot, Wake County, North Carolina - 2017-01-11 02:00:00
I found the same thing --

I am a close personal friend of Melanie’s, Monica’s mother. I do not know of court proceedings or how things evolved, just that the girls have been with her and her husband for quite a while and they are doing very well, all things considered.
bbm
So glad to hear that the girls are in a safe place and doing as well as could be expected. I'm sure their "Where is Mommy?" questions just tear them up, but they may have stopped asking after all this time.
Thanks for the close-by info. Stay in touch as you can.
And,

Welcome to Websleuths,
Flitter95 !!

It's been asked before, I'm sure, but I'll ask this again -- to see what the one who knows would say.
Where did she go without her children and without her car, and without telling anyone in her family?
Off with a friend? Sure, of course.
Caught a cab to the airport? Sure, of course.
To a rehab center to kick her habit? Sure, of course.
To hike the Appalachian Trail all by herself? Sure, of course.
Arrgggghhh.

I am fairly new to WS and I live in NC. I just found this thread today. I hope they can make more progress. I wonder if the LE has looked into the possibility of her being missing somehow linked to other missing women in our state? It seems almost daily a missing persons is posted by news agencies and most of the time the person missing is female.
Welcome to Websleuths,
cvdixon29 !!

I'm a fellow North Carolinian.
Glad you're here to help & hope with the rest of us here on this sad and mysterious case.

I have been following this case closely as it happened very near to home for me. I live in the next town over. I have been praying for Moni for months and my heart breaks every time I drive by her apartment complex. I so hope that the police will get her family some real answers soon.

The local news station posted this today:

Holly Springs police now investigating disappearance of woman as death investigation :: WRAL.com

Thanks for the article, and a Hello from someone who also lives close to where Moni lived.
One more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
missred75 !!

Hey borndem! Good to "see" you again! This case IS in my backyard, and I am so, so sad.
Hi, Rigby!! ;) Yes, long time no see!
Did you know the family? Were she and her children out in the neighborhood or taking walks, etc.? Did you ever see Sluss?
Yes, it's a horrible and very sad thing for everyone who knew her, I'm sure. So glad the girls are in a safe and loving place.

bbm
So glad to hear that the girls are in a safe place and doing as well as could be expected. I'm sure their "Where is Mommy?" questions just tear them up, but they may have stopped asking after all this time.
Thanks for the close-by info. Stay in touch as you can.
And,

Welcome to Websleuths,
Flitter95 !!
I know some days are harder than others, and this week has been frustrating for them all with no further action. Moni made People.com yesterday, that’s the first national broadcast of her story. They are making t-shirts, spreading her hashtag on Facebook.....they even shared her blog, A Letter to Evil. Talk about firing up a crowd, the support is pouring in. As helpful as that is, they’d rather answers.

I don’t ask about the girls, they are both copycats of their mother. I can only assume it causes her both great joy, a reminder of her daughter, and heartache, for the same.

The falsified posts on Moni’s Facebook page have been removed. I wonder if LE removed them, or BS/Jarlyn. Though it’s possible they are still there, and I’m just not seeing them because privacy settings were changed (by family? LE?)

I’m not Moni’s friend on Facebook but the same posts that were there running thru 7-4 are still on there from what I can tell. She has a post about women being called *advertiser censored* and then posts for mother’s and Father’s Day, pics of her and the girls in mid-June. I’m still seeing them?

I’m not Moni’s friend on Facebook but the same posts that were there running thru 7-4 are still on there from what I can tell. She has a post about women being called *advertiser censored* and then posts for mother’s and Father’s Day, pics of her and the girls in mid-June. I’m still seeing them?
Interesting. On my end, I can’t see anything after 2016. The setting may have been changed to: allow posts to be viewed by friends of friends. Since you are fb friend’s with Moni’s mom, if this setting is in place, it would allow you to see Moni’s posts. I believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back