Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

I've been a member of this group for quite awhile but hardly ever post. I'm from NC and very close to where this has happened. What baffles me is why there has been no organized search parties for this girl. I just don't understand. I've read every update and all FB posts from family and friends and it seems they only want prayers and sharing of their posts on individuals FB page. They DON'T want any or at least limited media coverage, prayer vigils or help from missing persons resources . Or at least it seems that way from everything I have read. It just seems really strange to me. Especially the fact that no organized search party has been implemented. Does anyone on here have any insight into why they might not be organizing a community search party???

Two reasons IMO; LE is quietly investigating the Father of her children or Moni had some sort of breakdown & left on her own (family doesn't want a lot of public attention in case she comes back. Their facebook posts are worded like she may be reading them).

Thanks Knox could very well be the case. What's troubling about the fact that she might have just left on her own is that she didn't take her car. Her mother posted to someone that asked for vehicle information that the reason no tag information or description of the vehicle has been released is because she didn't take it. It's all just very strange.

Two reasons IMO; LE is quietly investigating the Father of her children or Moni had some sort of breakdown & left on her own (family doesn't want a lot of public attention in case she comes back. Their facebook posts are worded like she may be reading them).

These are my reasons for the lack of media coverage as well.

The only odd thing is we know what the mom has been saying so it's strange she is also posting as if Moni possibly left on her own accord. Those two things mean very different things and you can't believe both of them at the same time, so I am confused as to what the family believes really happened.

The only odd thing is we know what the mom has been saying so it's strange she is also posting as if Moni possibly left on her own accord. Those two things mean very different things and you can't believe both of them at the same time, so I am confused as to what the family believes really happened.
This one is quite confusing. I suppose time will tell...

I've been a member of this group for quite awhile but hardly ever post. I'm from NC and very close to where this has happened. What baffles me is why there has been no organized search parties for this girl. I just don't understand. I've read every update and all FB posts from family and friends and it seems they only want prayers and sharing of their posts on individuals FB page. They DON'T want any or at least limited media coverage, prayer vigils or help from missing persons resources . Or at least it seems that way from everything I have read. It just seems really strange to me. Especially the fact that no organized search party has been implemented. Does anyone on here have any insight into why they might not be organizing a community search party??? I also want to add that I can understand the fact that they don't want the drama that comes along with a high profile case in terms of media but I still don't get why no community search. Thanks in advance for any insight into this question.

I’m not convinced that LE really considers Moni missing vs. suspecting foul play, however....
With regards to your question about a search: there are multiple possible reasons why an organized search is not being done here. But historically, when there is a significant time gap in date of last sighting of missing person, and no known last location...there will not be an organized search. There has to be some known possible location in order for a search to be warranted. For example, when Mollie Tibbetts went missing last summer, an approximate time frame was known. She was reported missing the next day, not months later. There were searches along her running route, and residents were told to look around their out buildings and property.

In this case, we don’t even know the date when Monica actually became “missing.” We don’t know her last known location. Where would people search?

I was out at a trail this morning where HSPD was holding an event. I desperately wanted to walk up to an officer to talk about this case. I sure hope they are making good progress. I really feel for her family.

Thanks Knox could very well be the case. What's troubling about the fact that she might have just left on her own is that she didn't take her car. Her mother posted to someone that asked for vehicle information that the reason no tag information or description of the vehicle has been released is because she didn't take it. It's all just very strange.

Ugh, you know I missed this important detail. You're right elaine66 that makes leaving on her own more difficult but not impossible if she left with someone she met. I can't discount that possibility. What makes that difficult to believe though is her girls seemed to be her life. The youngest just turned one last week. Some moms are still breastfeeding at that point. I wonder if Moni being the naturopathic kind was still doing that?

Good point, I think the family likely has suspicions but also is still grasping onto the hope it's not true.

I’m not convinced that LE really considers Moni missing vs. suspecting foul play, however....
With regards to your question about a search: there are multiple possible reasons why an organized search is not being done here. But historically, when there is a significant time gap in date of last sighting of missing person, and no known last location...there will not be an organized search. There has to be some known possible location in order for a search to be warranted. For example, when Mollie Tibbetts went missing last summer, an approximate time frame was known. She was reported missing the next day, not months later. There were searches along her running route, and residents were told to look around their out buildings and property.

In this case, we don’t even know the date when Monica actually became “missing.” We don’t know her last known location. Where would people search?

I was out at a trail this morning where HSPD was holding an event. I desperately wanted to walk up to an officer to talk about this case. I sure hope they are making good progress. I really feel for her family.
In regards to where to search. Do we know if her cell phone was left at the home too? If it's missing I assume they requested her cell records and are looking at where and when it was last active.

In regards to where to search. Do we know if her cell phone was left at the home too? If it's missing I assume they requested her cell records and are looking at where and when it was last active.
Her mother posted early on that the BF/ Father of her children had it and was posing as her by text for they weren't sure how long. That's why they didn't realize she was missing. After that initial first day of posting about him and the phone, she and the family clammed up and haven't made mention of him at all. They were probably directed by the police not to discuss him. IMO

Cell phone and vehicle left behind = she didn't voluntarily disappear. MOO. I hope I'm wrong.
I'm in agreement with you. I know they don't have a last known location for her. I would still be pushing for an organized search in and around her apartment (woods, etc.) and the community. I don't believe Holly Springs is an extremely large area. Actually I just googled the size, a little over 15 square miles , 35-36 thousand population and the majority of that 15sq. miles is land not water.

I'm in agreement with you. I know they don't have a last known location for her. I would still be pushing for an organized search in and around her apartment (woods, etc.) and the community. I don't believe Holly Springs is an extremely large area. Actually I just googled the size, a little over 15 square miles , 35-36 thousand population and the majority of that 15sq. miles is land not water.
If and when a search takes place, I think it would only be after LE gets warrants for digital evidence (cell tower pings and locations, call/text logs etc.) More information would be needed to direct a search. And I think at this point, if a search occurs, it will be an LE led search - not a search involving the public.

I’m basing my opinion off of past, and seemingly similar, cases.

Also, I would hope that LE is able to get warrants for the digital records of the person they most suspect as being involved in Moni’s disappearance AS WELL as anyone else that evidence might suggest could be a “helper” to that person.

Some have noticed a “female tone” to some of Moni’s posts since she allegedly disappeared. Even though it was noted in MSM that there was reason to believe that a MALE had control over Moni’s phone, that doesn’t rule out the possibility that a male and FEMALE have used the device to impersonate Moni. This is merely speculation on my part.

Last edited:
I'm from NC and Holly Springs is a couple hours from me. Just heard about this case through a FB post. I can't believe there is so little information and there is so much I'm confused about. If she did go missing early April, where were her kids in all that time? Could the kids have seen something or know something? Whoever was keeping them is highly likely to have said SOMETHING strange in that three month's time.. MOO

edit: I do realize one child is very small, but the other appears old enough to speak.

Some have noticed a “female tone” to some of Moni’s posts since she allegedly disappeared. Even though it was noted in MSM that there was reason to believe that a MALE had control over Moni’s phone, that doesn’t rule out the possibility that a male and FEMALE have used the device to impersonate Moni. This is merely speculation on my part.

Interesting thought, and makes me wonder if the father has had a girlfriend in the last few months.

i am truly confused about this situation. never-mind the fact that she wasn't reported missing for MONTHS, but what about the children? i am local to the area and discovered this site after going down a rabbit hole associated with MM today. i discovered the case after i saw a FB post by a family member pleading for any information in regards to MMs whereabouts. when i saw the post i looked up all the articles i could find and also tried to do some digging on FB... after coming up with WAY more questions than answers, i commented on the missing post that it might be helpful in finding MM to give a bit more detail, as this might help jog the memories of the people who may have important information. a few hours after i commented i realized i had not gotten any notifications associated with the post so i went to the page that had posted it and found that not only the family members page was private all of the sudden but also MMs page as well. this may be nothing...it may be her family's way of dealing with the situation.. but my question is.. who has access to MMs profile in order to make it private today, is it the family member who also made their page private the same day? also, if she has been missing for months who posted to her account on July 4th? MMs page and her family members page went private at the same time...just putting this out there.

side note: i did see a family member say that the children are not missing and are safe.. so who has them? and did MM drop them off? if so, was she supposed to pick them up at a certain time? if so then when? trust me, i could go on with the questions.. see what i mean by more questions then answers?---something is not right here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back