Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

I will say, the June 13th post by MM doesn't appear to be written by a guy, MOO. It's too lengthy/wordy, the topic isn't one a guy would typically be vocal about or even that eloquent about. Again, MOO.

I will say, the June 13th post by MM doesn't appear to be written by a guy, MOO. It's too lengthy/wordy, the topic isn't one a guy would typically be vocal about or even that eloquent about. Again, MOO.
I was going to say the same thing and didn’t want to bring up FB. That post and her responses seem to be her. But still, 6 weeks ago...

Yes, I'm sure they are heartbroken and feel awful. If I sounded like I was calling them out, I didn't mean it that way. I'm just trying to make sense of how it happened. I have to say if my SIL tried to pretend he was my daughter, I'd know pretty quick. We have our little key phrases in response to certain things that would make me suspicious if she didn't respond as normal.

This does not look good :(

I didn't think you were calling the family out; it's essential to look at the whole picture :)

I couldn't sleep and laid awake a long time thinking about all the potential scenarios. We only know the mom suspects the texts and FB posts weren't MM, but they could be. In looking at her FB way back even earlier than March, she posts a lot every day. Sometimes 5-7 posts a day or more. After April or sometime in April those posts start dwindling to just once a month. She could be suffering from some sort of mental illness, or, even postpartum depression. She could have left voluntarily.

We don't know where the kids are, but I have to think MM's family does not have them because they didn't realize she was missing for so long. Either MM took the kids and left for whatever reason. So, where are the kids?

If in fact someone had her phone and was/is sending texts to her family pretending to be Monica that is most likely the worst-case situation. I cannot come up with any good reason why someone would do that without there being a horrible reason.

We need more information such as has anybody seen the children or does anyone have them. Did the texts stop after she was reported missing? Her phone was clearly turned on for several periods of the time she was missing I am sure LE is working on getting warrants for her cell phone records, and hopefully they can get pings of where the phone was. If someone has her phone and LE gets the ping to a specific area that would be very bad for that person. I am hopeful will we start getting some answers. It seems LE has only had the case for a little over a week so things should start moving once they get warrants signed off. I am really hoping for the best outcome in the situation. I can't stop thinking about MM!

A poster here linked to something Moni wrote online, I was only able to read it quickly on my phone at work. It seemed like a journal type entry. Someone suggested she send it to her Mom which the poster did. Her Mom asked for that link to be removed, so it was.

My point is, the June 13th facebook post could have been copied and pasted from something Monica wrote elsewhere. Also if you knew her well it wouldn't be hard to write a post like that, what better way to camouflage her absence?

I do wonder who had the kids all that time though? It's been said his parents have them currently. But where were they prior to that? I have to look at the news stories, did the neighbors say they saw the kids but not Moni?

Last edited:
A poster here linked to something Moni wrote online, I was only able to read it quickly on my phone at work. It seemed like a journal type entry. Someone suggested she send it to her Mom which the poster did. Her Mom asked for that link to be removed, so it was.

My point is, the June 13th facebook post could have been copied and pasted from something Monica wrote elsewhere. Also if you knew her well it wouldn't be hard to write a post like that, what better way to camouflage her absence?

I do wonder who had the kids all that time though? It's been said his parents have them currently. But where were they prior to that? I have to look at the news stories, did the neighbors say they saw the kids but not Moni?

MDT provides a response to that last question on 7/23 along with other info.

Do you happen to have a link to the information about the children being with the father's parents? I have looked and looked at every news article I could find but didn't come across that. If the kids are known to be safe somewhere that at least is one less thing to worry about. However, that also is strange because that would mean the father knows the mother has been missing and never told anyone. I wonder what the custody arrangement is. The only news articles that mentioned the mom and kids were that neither were seen.

I also don't think it would be hard to "fake" messages. If someone has her phone, they would be able to see previous text messages between MM and the family and see how she texted or what emojis MM used.

Do you happen to have a link to the information about the children being with the father's parents? I have looked and looked at every news article I could find but didn't come across that. If the kids are known to be safe somewhere that at least is one less thing to worry about. However, that also is strange because that would mean the father knows the mother has been missing and never told anyone. I wonder what the custody arrangement is. The only news articles that mentioned the mom and kids were that neither were seen.

I also don't think it would be hard to "fake" messages. If someone has her phone, they would be able to see previous text messages between MM and the family and see how she texted or what emojis MM used.

That info came from someone posting in this thread and I believe it was deleted. My posts referencing that same info were deleted with the reason being that it was for repeating unverified information. So I don't think we are allowed to talk about where the kids are outside what's in MSM. Unfortunately there is very little info actually in MSM about what's going on.

That info came from someone posting in this thread and I believe it was deleted. My posts referencing that same info were deleted with the reason being that it was for repeating unverified information. So I don't think we are allowed to talk about where the kids are outside what's in MSM. Unfortunately there is very little info actually in MSM about what's going on.

Ok, then that makes sense. I went back and read through the posts here but didn't see anything mentioned. There is definitely very little on MSM hoping for some momentum.

Her mother, Melanie Tucker, claims the father of Moynan's children is pretending to be her daughter and texting her.

Police said they have interviewed that man.

Her parents said the last day she was seen in person was March 30.

Police said Moynan texted a friend six weeks ago but did not disclose the nature of the message.

For now, police believe this is a missing person case and not a criminal investigation.

Police seek help locating Holly Springs mother missing since March

Just to add a potential reason for family possibly not being too concerned that they hadn’t spoken to MM in weeks/months. I absolutely do not like talking on the phone, to anyone. Just text me or message me. My family knows this, and tries to not call, but they do (although not often). I send a text when they call and say I’m in the middle of something and I’ll call back, but I rarely do. I don’t know why I dislike talking on the phone so much, but I do. So, I can see how this could happen. My family would not know for quite some time that I’m not the one they are messaging/texting. I also work from home, so I wouldn’t have coworkers to alert. My clients would just think I abandoned them. So, while it understandably seems odd to many, I can definitely see how this could happen. I do hope the family gets some answers soon.

Last edited:
Just to add a potential reason for family possibly not being too concerned that they hadn’t spoken to MM in weeks/months. I absolutely do not like talking on the phone, to anyone. Just text me or message me. My family knows this, and tries to not call, but they do (although not often). I send a text when they call and say I’m in the middle of something and I’ll call back, but I rarely do. I don’t know why I dislike talking on the phone so much, but I do. So, I can see how this could happen. My family would not know for quite some time that I’m not the one they are messaging/texting. I also work from home, so I wouldn’t have coworkers to alert. My clients would just think I abandoned them. So, while it understandably seems odd to many, I can definitely see how this could happen. I do hope the family gets some answers soon.

Thank you for the input, it makes sense when you frame it that way.

I think it’s super odd that 3-4 months went by without family seeing her. Or the grandchildren. Maybe it’s the family dynamic? Her mom’s IG seems to be all about health and Keto and yoga, etc. All so positive. Daughter, like mama, into elderberry syrup and other healthy things. Moni, mom, and sister have matching tattoos. It just seems they are tight, connected, and would notice within days if one of them was missing!! That’s why Moni gone without anyone being alerted is so strange.

Something is off! Why aren’t police looking into phone records? Why have no friends come forward saying “I saw Moni last when...”.

There are literally no details. IMO

From the local front: nothing new to report.

I think this thread will continue to have very little activity because there isn’t anything new in MSM. The only comments I would add would violate TOS since they aren’t verifiable in MSM.

If there is foul play here, I hope LE is successfully building a case, which I suspect would rely heavily on digital forensics with so much time having passed by before Moni was reported missing.

Hoping for a positive outcome, whether that be justice for Moni or Moni being found alive and well. I much prefer that latter conclusion!

There's a pinned post on FB on the Holly Springs PD page from 7/31 that says there's an update in it. The only update I can figure from it is maybe that she was seen in early April? I can't get a link to include - maybe someone else can.

LLO's comment on the original post before the updated one may have triggered the updated timeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back