Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

Just reading up on this case. I love that she makes and sells her own elderberry syrup. Last weekend I made my own syrup and used it to make gummies for my grand daughter. Monica seems like a neat person.

Seems as if her boyfriend has had her phone and has been texting people pretending to be Monica, do I have that right? Is bf the Father of the two kids?

Monica's Mom reported her missing, when was the last time she saw her?

Moynan’s sister sent CBS 17 this message:

“Monica is a beautiful and magical person. She’s fun, hilarious, one of a kind. She is constantly striving to do what is best for her and her daughters to have a great life. She started up her own business making & selling elderberry syrup called Moni’s Magic – to offer healthy options for people and their children and began her doula training. We are extremely close and I need her back by my side.”
Holly Springs police search for mom missing for 6 weeks

Thank you for this I began the verification process the same day I created an account. I am just awaiting my phone call to become verified.
We are eager to hear from you. Hopefully that takes place quickly. In the meantime, can you share why it took so long for Moni to be reported missing? Does her family live in another City?

Where is the boyfriend now? Did that relationship have issues?

I found this information (see link) about an individual who appears to have the same name as the individual in the notice to the apartment complex residents. It appears this individual was arrested for DV related issues and violating a restraining order. I am not sure how reliable the source is, but thought it might be worth a share.
SLUSS,BRIAN EDWARD Mugshot, Wake County, North Carolina - 2017-01-11 02:00:00

I found this information (see link) about an individual who appears to have the same name as the individual in the notice to the apartment complex residents. It appears this individual was arrested for DV related issues and violating a restraining order. I am not sure how reliable the source is, but thought it might be worth a share.
Wow. Good find. That is the right guy. (Same person is pictured with her kids in social media). And that definitely paints a bleak picture for what was already looking pretty bleak. :(

I was at the UPS store today, which is in the building right next to her apartment complex. Made me very sad.

If the paternal grandparents have the kids, I wonder what kind of explanation Brian has given them as far as Monica’s whereabouts.

There is just so much unknown in this case.

Last edited:

This occurred in 2017, so this person is now 42.
Ms. Moynan is listed as being 23 years old.
Just an observation but a 19 year age difference at this age is somewhat unusual.
JMO.

He was also arrested on 1/3/19 for violating a protective order. Was the order for Moni? Is that why there are only pictures of him and her kids on his Facebook page, none of her? Also why he can't be at the apartment complex? Wish we had more information.

So I'm just now reading all this. Why would the paternal grandparents have the children? She posted about nursing her youngest. She posted in March about feeling a tooth in her little one's gums and someone mentioned about being the "fun" part of nursing. You usually aren't nursing a child when someone else has custody. If she just stopped visiting the kids wouldn't the paternal grandparents notice? I still find it hard to believe though that she was nursing a child she didn't have custody of though.

Also I have to admit I find it so odd that she went so long before anyone realized she was missing or hadn't been seen in person. Did she not have a place of employment? No roommates? No one who saw her on a regular basis and would know she was missing AT ALL? Her family only just suddenly found out someone was using her phone and posting as her but no one was in contact physically and visually with her? She seemed like an outgoing and social woman. I don't get how no one in her extended family or circle of friends missed her for MONTHS. She just doesn't strike you as a recluse with no job but an independent income so they can live as a recluse with no job. It seems like other people have to know a lot more than we're hearing about.

It seemed she had a little business from home selling Elderberry syrups and other such things, so I guess she wouldn't have any coworkers to worry about her being missing. Though customers not getting orders? Though that is assuming she had any success with that.

Her mother claims her and Monica are very close, she needs her by her side, but she hasn't seen or reported her missing since March? Maybe she was truly fooled by the texts and such until recently.

Unfortunately, 4 months is a very long time to pass if anything nefarious did in fact happen....

It seemed she had a little business from home selling Elderberry syrups and other such things, so I guess she wouldn't have any coworkers to worry about her being missing. Though customers not getting orders? Though that is assuming she had any success with that.

Her mother claims her and Monica are very close, she needs her by her side, but she hasn't seen or reported her missing since March? Maybe she was truly fooled by the texts and such until recently.

Unfortunately, 4 months is a very long time to pass if anything nefarious did in fact happen....

Yeah, I have a little experience with making herbal stuff like that myself. It's almost certainly a side business and not a business that fully supports her. She'd need to be getting massive amounts of product out to cover rent, car, utilities, food etc. If she was selling a ton I'd think there would be a ton of complaints on etsy about orders placed and not fulfilled. Kwim? She never shut her shop down. It's listed as open still. So is she fulfilling orders somewhere?

I thought the same thing about family too...super close but never see her or the grandkids in person? And how did the in laws end up with the kids AFTER she went missing? Where were they before? If she had them then there seems like there would be some clear demarcation of time in which someone else needed to take them. But her parents didn't know she was missing and not watching her kids still they found out someone else was using her phone?! All very odd.

I really hope and pray she's ok somewhere and just avoiding family and friends for some reason and not a matter of her being missing not being taken more seriously by police. Poor Jenna Van Gelderen disappeared and it turns out the police were doing almost nothing to really investigate her death. They weren't testing the last known vehicle used, checking her apartment, questioning the sketchy roommate etc. And in that case they knew in a pretty tight window when she went missing and was never heard from again. It's disturbing to me how many young girls can go missing and the police just brush it off. I don't know the timeline here. But I find it very hard to believe she'd just walk away from her kids. She seemed like a pretty involved mother from her posting on her wall.

Yeah, I have a little experience with making herbal stuff like that myself. It's almost certainly a side business and not a business that fully supports her. She'd need to be getting massive amounts of product out to cover rent, car, utilities, food etc. If she was selling a ton I'd think there would be a ton of complaints on etsy about orders placed and not fulfilled. Kwim? She never shut her shop down. It's listed as open still. So is she fulfilling orders somewhere?

I thought the same thing about family too...super close but never see her or the grandkids in person? And how did the in laws end up with the kids AFTER she went missing? Where were they before? If she had them then there seems like there would be some clear demarcation of time in which someone else needed to take them. But her parents didn't know she was missing and not watching her kids still they found out someone else was using her phone?! All very odd.

I really hope and pray she's ok somewhere and just avoiding family and friends for some reason and not a matter of her being missing not being taken more seriously by police. Poor Jenna Van Gelderen disappeared and it turns out the police were doing almost nothing to really investigate her death. They weren't testing the last known vehicle used, checking her apartment, questioning the sketchy roommate etc. And in that case they knew in a pretty tight window when she went missing and was never heard from again. It's disturbing to me how many young girls can go missing and the police just brush it off. I don't know the timeline here. But I find it very hard to believe she'd just walk away from her kids. She seemed like a pretty involved mother from her posting on her wall.
At this point, I see no reason not to suspect the father of her children.

If he is not responsible for Monica missing than:
1. Why would he use her phone to pretend to be her via text and social media messages?
2. Why would Monica ever leave her kids, when her devotion to them is evident?
3. Why would a mother voluntarily leave her children w/ someone who has protective orders filed against him, then disappear willingly?

Of course there are many other questions to be answered in this case, but the question of “who” is responsible for Monica being missing, is clear in my mind. MOO (My Opinion Only)

I think that was her sister who said that.

Wow. Good find. That is the right guy. (Same person is pictured with her kids in social media). And that definitely paints a bleak picture for what was already looking pretty bleak. :(

I was at the UPS store today, which is in the building right next to her apartment complex. Made me very sad.

If the paternal grandparents have the kids, I wonder what kind of explanation Brian has given them as far as Monica’s whereabouts.

There is just so much unknown in this case.
That same named person also shares a baby registry at Target with the missing woman. I have the link but not posting in the thread as he is not a POI at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back