NC - Mother & Boyfriend Arrested in Death of her 2-year-old, 3/24/16

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by borndem, Mar 26, 2016.

1. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

The father is still being sought.

Officials responded to the hospital since the deceased two-year-old had bruises all over her body.

----------------------------------------------------

2. Loading...

3. borndem

Looks like we have another heart-breaker. Just thought I would post this -- allegedly another horrible crime against the most vulnerable and innocent of all.

4. lizzyblueyez

lizzyblueyez New Member

I'm getting so tired of these monster's killing these babies like this and more and more we're hearing about moms letting their boyfriend or baby daddy do this.[emoji36] [emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

5. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

She looks like Bristol Palin

6. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

7. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

The poor photographer who did the pictures, he feels awful for simply being kind to a momma who lost her daughter. Ugh. So many people hurting. Sad.

8. Damarna

Damarna Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Par

So looking at the photos on fb posted of her and the innocent child she is accused of murdering wants me to throw up. RIP little darling.

9. Tulessa

Tulessa Active Member

10. Tulessa

Tulessa Active Member

The father looks like he really works out. I wonder if he was on steroids?

11. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

I was wondering the same thing, Tulessa. And the mom. Her arms are incredibly muscular.

12. borndem

I hear you, and we're all up to our eyeballs with these situations. Why, why, why?? Jealousy? Drunk? Just plain mean?

I wonder how much time he had spent with Macy. Had he been around 2 y/o's before? Was he her biological father? (as if that might make a difference)

As many of us know, two-year-old's can be trying at times, and some more than others. They are starting to realize they are not part of their mommy -- they are their own persons, and some want to assert themselves in a "I am a person, too," type of way, etc.

Maybe he didn't realize what a pain they can sometimes be. Or maybe he did & was just not going to put up with it. "What's that?" -- "Whatcha doing?" -- "I want to help." -- "I want to watch Sesame Street." -- "Let's read a book." -- "Look at me!" -- "I'm hungry." -- "Let's go for a walk." -- & on & on. They can be fussy, whiny, stubborn, picky eaters, not wanting a nap, etc., etc. Some children more than others...

It takes a lot of patience with 2 y/o's sometimes.

She was two years old.

13. scmom

scmom New Member

14. borndem

My thoughts exactly, Tulessa.

'Roid rage? He certainly looks like he's been taking his share. JMO. I really don't know much about it. I'll look around.

I just had a crash course on steroids -- good article, easy to understand. I try to learn something every day.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/facts-and-myths-about-roid-rage/

15. pukasonqo2

pukasonqo2 Member

macy's photo gallery has a different guy, kevin (no surname), tagged as her father
    there are no words, we all know toddlers can be annoying and irritating at times but nothing,nothing justifies what they did to this little girl
    ...and he was a medic in the army, so he would know that what he was doing wasn't just a tap in the bum for being cheeky
    go in peace macy, i am sorry for the pain and fear you went through, you are safe now little one

16. borndem

To annotate my post #11 above - where I ask, "Was he her biological father?"

No, he is not the biological father.

Here is an article from The Fayetteville Observer stating that Keefer is not the father of the child.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/man-charged-with-murder-of-child-arrested-jailed/article_19fdccdd-643f-5fc6-b67b-21575b589df7.html

ETA: The article also gives some details (not too graphic at all) of the little girl's injuries. Other details in the article are very informative.

17. borndem

Hmmmm. After reading the Fay. Observer article, I'm wondering if this may turn into a he said/she said type thing. Too early to tell, and I'm wondering how much more we'll be getting from MSM. Dunno.

I'm stuck on the mention of "closed head injuries." Grrrrrrr.

She was two years old.
    Just dammit.

18. borndem

Another article from The Fayetteville Observer:

http://www.fayobserver.com/military...cle_2b032a19-cb62-5631-bd11-828f906825bb.html

19. borndem

From the article above:

http://www.fayobserver.com/military...cle_2b032a19-cb62-5631-bd11-828f906825bb.html

It is very common for a closed head injury to cause the victim to have an upset stomach -- to vomit, especially. "Shaken Baby Syndrome" symptoms lists vomiting as a product of a baby or toddler being vigorously shaken.
    See http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/shaken.html

The injuries were thought to have occurred within the prior 24 hours of her being brought to the hospital. So now we need to know who was home during that 24 hours preceding her being taken to the ER? Which one? Both of them? Oh my. SMH. She was two years old.

Makes me wanna holler.

20. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

Keefer is NOT the father. He is the mother's boyfriend. There are pictures of the father in one of the links photo spread.

Here is her obituary--

Ms. Macy Grace Ditty, 2, passed away Friday, December 4, 2015 in UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill.

Macy was born in Cumberland County on December 14, 2012. She is preceded in death by her paternal great grandfather, Edmund Krzywicki.

She is survived by her mother Jeanie K. Vengen of Fayetteville; her father, Kevin Ditty of Ft. Bragg; maternal grandfather, Nathias Vengen; maternal great grandparents, Lisa and Rudolph Milani; maternal great great grandmother, June Losh; paternal grandparents, Tina Goodwin and Mark Ditty; paternal great grandmother, Hazel Krzywicki and a host of aunts, uncles and cousins.

It would make sense to change the title to reflect.

21. tlcya

tlcya <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

I changed title to reflect boyfriend not father and also that he is no longer sought, he has been arrested now.