MISTRIAL NC - Mother & Boyfriend Arrested in Death of her 2-year-old, 3/24/16

borndem

Anglophile & registered demwit
Reaction score
Mother arrested in death of Fayetteville child; police searching for second suspect
Fayetteville, N.C. — Detectives with the Fayetteville Police Department's Homicide Unit arrested Jeanie Kassandra Ditty Thursday for the murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Macey Ditty.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/two-suspects-sought-in-death-of-fayetteville-child/15598461/#BSZxTVxwVebZUw6b.99

The father is still being sought.

Officials responded to the hospital since the deceased two-year-old had bruises all over her body.

----------------------------------------------------

Second suspect arrested in death of Fayetteville toddler

Zachary Earl Keefer, 32, of Village Lake Court, was charged with first-degree murder and negligent child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury and was being held in the Cumberland County jail without bond.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/second-suspect-...teville-toddler/15600346/#pxxUE8zvV7pwPO3H.99

Looks like we have another heart-breaker. Just thought I would post this -- allegedly another horrible crime against the most vulnerable and innocent of all.

The father is still being sought.

Officials responded to the hospital since the deceased two-year-old had bruises all over her body.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm getting so tired of these monster's killing these babies like this and more and more we're hearing about moms letting their boyfriend or baby daddy do this.[emoji36] [emoji34]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

The poor photographer who did the pictures, he feels awful for simply being kind to a momma who lost her daughter. Ugh. So many people hurting. Sad.

So looking at the photos on fb posted of her and the innocent child she is accused of murdering wants me to throw up. RIP little darling.

The father looks like he really works out. I wonder if he was on steroids?

I'm getting so tired of these monster's killing these babies like this and more and more we're hearing about moms letting their boyfriend or baby daddy do this.[emoji36] [emoji34]
Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I hear you, and we're all up to our eyeballs with these situations. Why, why, why?? Jealousy? Drunk? Just plain mean?

I wonder how much time he had spent with Macy. Had he been around 2 y/o's before? Was he her biological father? (as if that might make a difference)

As many of us know, two-year-old's can be trying at times, and some more than others. They are starting to realize they are not part of their mommy -- they are their own persons, and some want to assert themselves in a "I am a person, too," type of way, etc.

Maybe he didn't realize what a pain they can sometimes be. Or maybe he did & was just not going to put up with it. "What's that?" -- "Whatcha doing?" -- "I want to help." -- "I want to watch Sesame Street." -- "Let's read a book." -- "Look at me!" -- "I'm hungry." -- "Let's go for a walk." -- & on & on. They can be fussy, whiny, stubborn, picky eaters, not wanting a nap, etc., etc. Some children more than others...

It takes a lot of patience with 2 y/o's sometimes.

She was two years old.

macy's photo gallery has a different guy, kevin (no surname), tagged as her father
there are no words, we all know toddlers can be annoying and irritating at times but nothing,nothing justifies what they did to this little girl
...and he was a medic in the army, so he would know that what he was doing wasn't just a tap in the bum for being cheeky
go in peace macy, i am sorry for the pain and fear you went through, you are safe now little one

To annotate my post #11 above - where I ask, "Was he her biological father?"

No, he is not the biological father.

Here is an article from The Fayetteville Observer stating that Keefer is not the father of the child.

Man charged with murder of child arrested, jailed

Zachary Earl Keefer, charged Thursday in the death of a 2-year-old girl, was arrested today, police said.

Keefer and Jeanie Kassandra Ditty, the child's mother, are each charged with first-degree murder and negligent child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury. Ditty was taken into custody Thursday night.

Keefer, 32, and Ditty, 23, are listed with an address in the 500 block of Lake Court in Spring Lake. Keefer is not the father of the child.
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/local/man-charged-with-murder-of-child-arrested-jailed/article_19fdccdd-643f-5fc6-b67b-21575b589df7.html

ETA: The article also gives some details (not too graphic at all) of the little girl's injuries. Other details in the article are very informative.

Hmmmm. After reading the Fay. Observer article, I'm wondering if this may turn into a he said/she said type thing. Too early to tell, and I'm wondering how much more we'll be getting from MSM. Dunno.

I'm stuck on the mention of "closed head injuries." Grrrrrrr.

She was two years old.
Just dammit.

Another article from The Fayetteville Observer:

[h=1]Soldier, boyfriend face murder charges in death of 2-year-old[/h] Updated Mar 25, 2016

A Fort Bragg soldier was arrested Thursday, charged with first-degree murder along with her boyfriend in the December death of her 2-year-old daughter.

Jeanie Kassandra Ditty, 23, is a soldier in the 525th Military Intelligence Brigade, an arrest report said. Warrants were issued by Fayetteville police earlier in the day for Ditty and Zachary Earl Keefer, 32, both of the 500 block of Lake Court in Spring Lake.
http://www.fayobserver.com/military...cle_2b032a19-cb62-5631-bd11-828f906825bb.html

From the article above:

Ditty told police she called her boyfriend, Keefer, when her daughter wasn't feeling well Dec. 2, according to the warrants. She said Keefer, a paramedic, came and checked on her daughter, who appeared to be fine. About 25 minutes after Keefer arrived, Ditty said, Keefer said he heard the child making a strange noise. Keefer told Ditty that her daughter appeared to be choking on vomit.
http://www.fayobserver.com/military...cle_2b032a19-cb62-5631-bd11-828f906825bb.html

It is very common for a closed head injury to cause the victim to have an upset stomach -- to vomit, especially. "Shaken Baby Syndrome" symptoms lists vomiting as a product of a baby or toddler being vigorously shaken.
See http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/shaken.html

The injuries were thought to have occurred within the prior 24 hours of her being brought to the hospital. So now we need to know who was home during that 24 hours preceding her being taken to the ER? Which one? Both of them? Oh my. SMH. She was two years old.

Makes me wanna holler.

Keefer is NOT the father. He is the mother's boyfriend. There are pictures of the father in one of the links photo spread.

Here is her obituary--

Ms. Macy Grace Ditty, 2, passed away Friday, December 4, 2015 in UNC Hospitals, Chapel Hill.

Macy was born in Cumberland County on December 14, 2012. She is preceded in death by her paternal great grandfather, Edmund Krzywicki.

She is survived by her mother Jeanie K. Vengen of Fayetteville; her father, Kevin Ditty of Ft. Bragg; maternal grandfather, Nathias Vengen; maternal great grandparents, Lisa and Rudolph Milani; maternal great great grandmother, June Losh; paternal grandparents, Tina Goodwin and Mark Ditty; paternal great grandmother, Hazel Krzywicki and a host of aunts, uncles and cousins.

It would make sense to change the title to reflect.

I changed title to reflect boyfriend not father and also that he is no longer sought, he has been arrested now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back