NC - Nalini Tellaprolu, 51, murdered at her Cary home, 17 Dec 2015 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Madeleine74, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Madeleine74

Madeleine74 Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?

December 18, 2015

Nalini Tellaprolu, 51, was found at about 3 p.m. Thursday in her garage at 2107 Roland Glen Road. No arrests have been made in the case, and Cary police did not release any other details Friday about how Tellaprolu died.

She's married, has 2 children, a teenage son and a daughter who lives out of state.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/cary-woman-s-death-ruled-a-homicide/15186131/#kUp87BVkvyzrHO7q.99

2. SurfieTX

SurfieTX New Member

http://abc11.com/news/police-investigate-murder-of-cary-woman-found-in-garage/1128656/

3. Madeleine74

Observations:

- No public comments have been made by the police chief about this appearing to be an isolated case or not. Those who followed a very big prior case in this town will understand. Conspiratorists will need to leave tin foil hats outside.

- No press conferences have been held by Cary police.

- No details have been released by the police (this is pretty much standard policy).

- COD has not been released at this time. That is typical until such time as the M.E.'s office releases a report, which the media will then get a hold of and publish an article. Usually within 2 or 3 months.

- I noticed in the very last photo on the ABC article a certain Cary detective is on the scene who achieved some (unwanted) notoriety by the women of WS who noted his good looks during a prior large case in this town. Also, I think it's safe to assume any cell phones in this case will be passed directly to the experts.

4. diphi

diphi New Member

Hmmm...still no news. Cary PD is being very tight-lipped about this. I have not heard that they have or have not ruled out a random attack.

I live in Cary and, generally, the PD is quick to assure residents if it was not a random crime. I wonder if she was coming from or going to her car with the garage open and someone came in? Was the door open or closed when they found her?

5. Madeleine74

Hi Diphi!

Nice to see you again.

My speculation: after the various nut jobs and conspiratorists made a huge deal about the former police chief saying the Cooper murder appeared to be an isolated incident and assuring the community, and also criticizing LE for not spending their time shooting down rumors published on the various forums, they are even more tight-lipped. I assume if there's something to report or an alert to the community the word will get out. And otherwise, I assume they're working the case and trying to determine if someone well-known to the victim is a suspect.

Also there's been 3 people murdered since Dec 17th in Cary. A record, if you will, although the 1 guy confessed to murdering his mother and girlfriend and called LE himself.

6. diphi

diphi New Member

Yes, thank you. A total of five this year, I heard (3 this month). Quite unusual for this usually very well-behaved town.

And I agree the Cooper case is probably influencing them. I did note her obit at Brown-Wynne Funeral Home is pretty skimpy. Could be several reasons, I suppose.

7. peacehope

peacehope New Member

8. Elainera

Elainera Active Member

9. Madeleine74

Notice how quiet it's been on the case.

I suspect no official comments will be made by anyone from either the CPD or DA's office or anywhere else and certainly none that point to anyone. Most victims do know their killers so I'm sure the case is being looked at 'inside then extending out,' as case investigations follow that pattern.

10. peacehope

peacehope New Member

11. peacehope

peacehope New Member

No news about this case. This family is in my thoughts and prayers. Sleuthers what are your theories about this case?

12. peacehope

peacehope New Member

Mothrs day is around .I am thinking about Nalini and her family.This is the first Mothers day, her kids won't have their mother. I can't imagine what her family is going through. It's very traumatic to lose your mom and on top of it losing her in such a horrible way.

13. peacehope

peacehope New Member

14. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

From last month:

One year later: Detectives still searching for Cary woman’s killer

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article121430972.html

Police seized security system from Cary home where woman found dead - September

15. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Active Member

Nalini's son was charged last week with her murder.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/19/north-carolina-teen-arrested-in-2015-murder-mother.html

16. Elainera

Elainera Active Member

Wow didn't see that coming. How very sad.

17. Boodles

Boodles New Member

Very sad and tragic. It will be interesting to see how he pleads and whether this goes to trial. I believe his sister is in law school. The family dynamics must be interesting, both before and now. I wonder if he'll be represented by private counsel or a public defender.

Mostly, I can't comprehend why this might have happened.