NC NC - Nathaniel Sample, 27, Traveling from NY to GA, Auto Accident in Gastonia, 26 Sept 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by Gardener1850, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

@Tbarron12 told me that there was an uneaten gas station cheeseburger found in the front seat which made her think he had very recently stopped in at a gas station. Adds a little something to the hinky meter, moo!

YaYa_521, carbuff, K.jill and 3 others like this.

2. TrueCrimeTrapQueen

TrueCrimeTrapQueen Member

Agreed! I would think that if the cell phone was found in the car with the rest of his belongings that they would have used it to their advantage. After almost a year and a half I have to believe that something happened in Gastonia on the 26th but I do NOT think that he was involved in an accident that he had to walk away from. That doesn’t explain the sudden “about-face” in direction on the 27th or how the car was found totaled (presumably after it was picked up in Asheville on the 28th) in the woods in Gastonia (?)

3. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

I'm posting this here due to the somewhat close proximity to the accident site involving Nathaniel's car and I-85 as his potential travel route. A body was found in Albemarle, NC which is approx. 1 hr 15 mins from Gatsonia, NC (car accident site) and about 35 mins from I-85 in Concord, NC.

Body found inside former Sagebrush Steakhouse restaurant in Albemarle
    • inside the former Sagebrush Steakhouse restaurant on Highway 24/27
    • “heavily decomposed”
    • no signs of foul play

4. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Map showing Gastonia and the Sagebrush Steakhouse: Google Maps

Looking at reviews and such it appears to have been closed for about two years.

YaYa_521 and Dre like this.
  5. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Hmmm, you never know... good idea. Very interesting.
    "Heavily decomposed" makes me pause a bit... locations make it certainly possible.

YaYa_521 likes this.
  6. carbuff

Most likely the remains are of a homeless person who snuck inside for shelter. But if NS was wandering around in a daze from his accident, he might have done the same thing.

YaYa_521, Dre, borndem and 1 other person like this.
  7. carbuff

8. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Dre and OnTheCase27 like this.
  9. Helloyou

Helloyou Member

Do we know for sure the plates were on the car when it was found? Could the readers pick up another car using his plates?

10. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

WELCOME TO WEBSLEUTHS

If you are here to discuss this case, we welcome you.
    If you would like to share inside information that you know to be true about Nathaniel and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance, we encourage you to apply for Verified Insider status. That will allow you to post information that you have without providing a link to that info in mainstream media or law enforcement announcements.

Websleuths is fact based, and we require members to substantiate anything they post as facts with links. Only Verified Insiders may post what they know without including a link. Until approved as a Verified Insider, posts that contain inside information without links will be removed. If the member is approved as a VI, those posts may be reinstated.

To read more about the Verified Insider process, please click on any of the highlighted words to learn how it works.

Thanks, and Websleuths hopes to be of support and assistance in this difficult case.

Faithfully,
    CocoChanel
    Administrator/Moderator

Laughing likes this.