NC NC - Northampton Co, Christmas Doe, Blk/WhtFem, UP2196, 4-7, near I-95 rest area, Dec'83

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
717UFNC.jpg
717UFNC1.jpg

Unidentified Black Female Child

• The victim was discovered on December 26, 1983 in Northampton County, North Carolina
  • Skull only

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 4-8 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Most likely a black or biracial (White & Black) female
  • Skeletal Findings: Right frontal depressions; left nasal trauma; trauma to the chin/gonial area; perhaps chronic ear infection(s).
  • Dentals: Available; has two fillings. Both restorations are occlusal.
  • DNA: Complete - Profile available - University North Texas

Case History
The small skull was found by hunters in the woods in Northampton County, North Carolina on December 26, 1983.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Clyde Gibbs
Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
1-800-672-7024

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
83-844

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
NamUs

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/717ufnc.html

Can anyone dig up anymore info on this? I didn't have any luck. I have lived in Northampton County all of my life until I moved a few months back and I have never heard of this child.

Good eye Teons. I was just coming here to see if this had been posted.

Compare to:

Case File 54UFMO

54UFMO.jpg

Victim's Sweater
Unidentified Black Female Child
  • Located on February 28, 1983 in St. Louis, St. Louis County, Missouri
  • Cause of death was homicide; the victim was strangled.
  • Estimated Date of Death: 5 days prior.

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 8-11 years old (DOB circa 1972-75).
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"; 70 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: She was well-nourished. She had no scars, deformities or irregularities. Medium complexion.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a yellow, v-necked long-sleeved sweater and 2 coats of red and purple fingernail polish.
  • Fingerprints: Available
  • Dentals: Not Available
  • DNA: Available
Case History
The victim was located in a vacant apartment building on Clemens Avenue in St. Louis, Missouri on February 28, 1983. Two men who were in the basement of the building discovered the young girl. She was lying face-down in the furnace room with her hands tied behind her back with red and white nylon rope. The victim had been sexually assaulted prior to being strangled, which was the cause of her death.
The victim's head had been removed with a large-bladed knife after her death. Her head has never been discovered. She had been killed elsewhere and brought to the vacant building after her death.
There were no signs of previous abuse on the victim's body. There was no specific features that would give clues as to her identity.
The St. Louis authorities have conducted extensive investigations into the victim's identity since 1983 and have received no clear leads. Her murderer(s) remain unknown, although several suspects have been under investigation. No arrests have been made in the case.
The FBI agency that documents and studies unsolved murders reported this is the only decapitation in the country involving someone so young (1993). Authorities believe she was probably from out of state as they checked school records around Missouri very thoroughly. They conducted a nationwide search, including running ads in every black newspaper and magazine in the country and corresponded with every state police agency.

My immediate thoughts are this would have been eliminated already?

I wonder why there isn't a recon for this little angel? Anyone know who we can contact to see if we can get one done? Also, it says there is a complete DNA profile, does that mean it is in CODIS, and if it isn't, who do we contact to get it in there?

This Baby Jane is known as "Christmas Jane Doe" and someone put up a myspace page for her, here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/christmas_jane_doe
It's tragic, to me, how the ME never put out a press release about this child, when she was first found!:confused: Kathy Reichs(forensic anthropologist) took this girls case on the Montel show in 1999!!! 17 years after the fact......
I thought AMW had famous artist do a bust of this child in March 2008, I'll go search that.... I'll be back!!

I'm baaaack....
Sorry that case about the bust on AMW, was for a different child found in 2005!! In New Jersey!! Here's that link http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=62113 If you want to read about it or look at the bust!!
Now I'm off to find what I can on this case....

Thank you Madea, it's so sad to think that I have driven and walked across the spot where the little angel was dumped and I never even knew about her :(

This Baby Jane is known as "Christmas Jane Doe" and someone put up a myspace page for her, here's the link: http://www.myspace.com/christmas_jane_doe
It's tragic, to me, how the ME never put out a press release about this child, when she was first found!:confused: Kathy Reichs(forensic anthropologist) took this girls case on the Montel show in 1999!!! 17 years after the fact......
I thought AMW had famous artist do a bust of this child in March 2008, I'll go search that.... I'll be back!!

On the myspace page looks as if she had been in woods one year or longer.

It also says on her myspace page that her DNA is in CODIS, so it should be easy to rule some children out, if their DNA is also in CODIS. The area where she was found is right off of I-95, so she could be from anywhere on the east coast.

Shocking? Common? You bet! I keep a file on missing black girls 13 and under. It's amazing that I have roughly 50 cases and very few black UIDs to match them with. It seems they just didn't take these children seriously and either warehoused the bodies or disposed of them very quickly.

My opinion only

Seif, do you know of anyone else who has been tested and ruled out? That would help a lot when we are looking for possible matches.

Phyllis Powell from Northampton NC missing 1963 ruled out by DNA. Any child that would already have there DNA in CODIS.

I do know from research that just because it say that dna is avabile does not mean it is in CODIS. Allot of States will hold DNA at State Levels and compair against any possible matches. That is what happened in Toya Hills case. Her dna was sent to St Louis to compair against the child with the yellow sweater and it was never returned. That is why they had to redo her DNA. So if you think you have seen a child that may match than call police and ask them if DNA is in CODIS or at State Level, you will be surprised. If it is in CODIS than it has already been compaired and ruled out.

I do hope this is Toya so her parents can get some clouser, there is evidence that supports that this may be her but do not want to give up looking incase it isn't. We were 95% sure it was Phyllis too. Her remains were found 30 miles from where Phyllis went missing. There has been some new leads in Phyllis Powells case too, this case may be solved soon. I think Phyllis remains are close to where she went missing.

The one thing that bothers me in this case is that she was not entered into NCIC and still is not. I have written letters to all State of North Carolina rep, senators and asked them to change the laws to make it manatory to place all unidentifeds in NCIC within 24 hours after found. The police departments are not trained to know how to enter them. Did you know that after remains are not claimed they are dummped out at sea after 10 years. The laws need to change and we the people of North Carolina have got to push it to get it done.

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/628446.html

http://www.redorbit.com/news/scienc...otten_dead_unidentified_bodies_go_unreported/

i wish we knew if glasses were found anywhere nearby. either where she was last seen or where this skeleton was found. that would help also since toya wore glasses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back