Recovered/Located NC - Oliver Baker Jr., 65, went to walk his dog, Shelby, Cleveland County, 31 May 2019

So I searched his name and " missing" and only one post updated that he was LOCATED.
I even had to share the link on the local police department post....
Anyways, in comments during my search i read that his wife had been unresponsive and the cause was unknown but now is awake...
I'm incredibly curious if this is connected to his disappearance.... something very weird here imo

So I searched his name and " missing" and only one post updated that he was LOCATED.
I even had to share the link on the local police department post....
Anyways, in comments during my search i read that his wife had been unresponsive and the cause was unknown but now is awake...
I'm incredibly curious if this is connected to his disappearance.... something very weird here imo
I know- something is very strange about this. The wife being unresponsive and on a ventilator. When she woke up, she said she couldn't remember anything about that day. His disappearance is odd and seeing that he is ok, makes me suspicious.

What I would like to know is, did someone recognize him as being a missing person and call the cops? How did he end up at the hospital to be checked out? They said in that article that he was in good shape, so I take it he was coherent and clear minded, well fed, no signs of dehydration, etc? He went to that store just before closing time- how did he end up from the store to the hospital?

How is she talking if she is on a ventilator?
She is off of it now. When she was first found unresponsive, she was rushed to the hospital and on a ventilator for a few days. When she was off the ventilator is when she spoke to LE, and she can't remember that day. I have my own theories as to how she ended up on one, but for now, I will not post it as I could be way off base and don't want to derail the thread. He was gone for two weeks.

The first article stated she was found unconscious after having recent surgery, this was how the son found her and father gone.How long was she unresponsive since the father/husband was gone for awhile before she was found?Yes,this is strange because he could not have been wondering the streets for 2 weeks in the rain and then show up close by and well.

This is the county right beside me so hopefully updates will be in local news. Just completely odd all the way around but thankfully hes alive. I'll be honest, I did not expect that. I assumed some medical issue
Keep us posted if you do find a local update, pretty please! I hadn't had a good feeling, either, but no matter the reason I'm glad he's back and safe.

Crystal Springs Estates to Ingles 0.7 miles.

Oh, so he lives at Crystal Springs? I must have missed something! Or is that where he's been all this time?

I googled and his address coordinates to Forest Glen Senior Apts. on same street, and both very close to Ingles. (But the white pages aren't up to date sometimes, so take that as you will).

Doesn't matter. Just glad he's been found. :) Like anyone, would like for the mystery to be solved though. :rolleyes:

I knew someone once that had an aneurysm rupture in his head. His body was fine but his mind, ability to recognize people and places was gone the rest of his life. Maybe he was confused and wandered because he didn't know where he was? Contrary to popular belief, some larger people are very active and he could have gone far. Still find it hard to believe he wasn't seen in the community somewhere though. And where did he find shelter from the scorching sun and the rains?

All the above MOO IMHOO JMO

Oh, so he lives at Crystal Springs? I must have missed something! Or is that where he's been all this time?

I googled and his address coordinates to Forest Glen Senior Apts. on same street, and both very close to Ingles. (But the white pages aren't up to date sometimes, so take that as you will).

Doesn't matter. Just glad he's been found. :) Like anyone, would like for the mystery to be solved though. :rolleyes:

I knew someone once that had an aneurysm rupture in his head. His body was fine but his mind, ability to recognize people and places was gone the rest of his life. Maybe he was confused and wandered because he didn't know where he was? Contrary to popular belief, some larger people are very active and he could have gone far. Still find it hard to believe he wasn't seen in the community somewhere though. And where did he find shelter from the scorching sun and the rains?

All the above MOO IMHOO JMO
I truly believe if he had had an aneurysm he wouldn't have been released from the hospital so fast. Good thought, though, and had he still been in the hospital, this scenario could have played out like that.

It's just odd that his wife was unresponsive and he went missing at the same time. The just appears at a grocery store before closing, yet appeared to be well fed, hydrated, in good shape, and released from the hospital.

I suppose we will never know. I just hope that the couple is safe from anything sinister going on behind the scenes. This is too odd for me- where was he those two weeks, and why?

I truly believe if he had had an aneurysm he wouldn't have been released from the hospital so fast. Good thought, though, and had he still been in the hospital, this scenario could have played out like that.

It's just odd that his wife was unresponsive and he went missing at the same time. The just appears at a grocery store before closing, yet appeared to be well fed, hydrated, in good shape, and released from the hospital.

I suppose we will never know. I just hope that the couple is safe from anything sinister going on behind the scenes. This is too odd for me- where was he those two weeks, and why?

I just can't sleuth anymore! Didn't know he was released from the hospital. (I can't find any info.) That's good to hear. You're right, I suppose we'll never know, and yes, hope all is sorted out and everyone's recuperating and safe. It'll be one of those forever mysteries...

I just can't sleuth anymore! Didn't know he was released from the hospital. (I can't find any info.) That's good to hear. You're right, I suppose we'll never know, and yes, hope all is sorted out and everyone's recuperating and safe. It'll be one of those forever mysteries...
No no, keep sleuthing- you did fine, honest.

I mean, who knows, maybe LE knows what happened to him and for privacy reasons aren't disclosing a medical issue. It's just baffling!

There is some “local flavor” on Reddit.
Yeah, this is crazy, to be honest. It would be one thing if he was found in bad shape, but he appeared to be in good shape, according to reports. Which tells me he wasn't outside all of this time, getting dehydrated from the heat or wet from all of the storms. So, where has he been all of this time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back